2015-12-07 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-12-07
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x John Quinn . Lorraine Constable Regrets Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters . Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe Regrets Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. Russ Hamm . . Sandra Stuart (co-chair elect)
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x Floyd Eisenberg x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . x Lynn Laakso .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-11-30 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:


  1. Review action items
    • Anne to send TRAC report on referencing external docs to publishing co-chairs for review and guidance
      • Sent on 11/19
  2. Approval Items for This Week:
  3. Approval items from Last Week's e-Vote approved 6/0/0 with T3SD, DESD, SSD-SD, ArB, and both International affiliates voting:
  4. Discussion topics:
    • CQI WG requesting simultaneous TSC/DESD e-vote on 3 items - Floyd Eisenberg
    • Update to WG Health Metrics (posting agendas, meeting room requests, posting minutes) - Pat
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List


  • Last week's minutes accepted via general consent
  • Remove Pat's item for this week on WG Health and move to next week
  • CQI WG request for simultaneous e-vote:
    • MOTION by John R. to send QDM Based HQMF Implementation Guide to e-vote contingent upon DESD approval; Calvin seconds.
    • VOTE: All in favor
    • MOTION by John R. to send QRDA Category III Implementation Guide and QRDA Category I Draft Standard for Trial Use to e-vote contingent upon DESD approval; second by John Q.
    • VOTE: All in favor
    • MOTION by John R. to send Harmonization of Health Quality Information Models - FHIR to e-vote contingent upon DESD approval; Pat seconds.
    • VOTE: All in favor
    • ACTION: Anne to add to FMG agenda
  • Review and Approval Process for Product Family Related Projects:
    • Ken: has this been to SGB? Paul - we haven't met, but we will be scheduling a meeting soon.
    • MOTION by Austin to send to SGB for sign-off before TSC approval; second by Calvin. Calvin suggests that this be reviewed by SGB within two weeks. Paul will send out a Doodle poll to set up meeting. Paul states that this precept makes sense. Suggests there is other work going on that needs a formal project scope but doesn't. What constitutes work that needs a PSS? Ken states this is likely a separate discussion.
    • ACTION: Anne to add PSS issue to next week's agenda
    • ACTION: Anne to add followup on this issue on the 28th
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Followup conversation on questions surrounding technical corrections/errata:
    • What would the process by for FHIR? Who will follow up regarding their errata publications? Paul: they destroyed 2 by applying technical corrections and not preserving original version. Discussion over string of responsibility. What is the publication committee to FHIR? Andy: FMG would be the publishing committee for FHIR. Discussion over Publishing's role - currently there is not one as Grahame publishes. Andy states that publishing stood back and allowed FHIR to proceed without a formal end date to that arrangement.
    • Paul had thought the charters of the various FHIR committees respect the historical organizational structure of HL7, and that while we allowed them to run ahead while they were trying to build it, the intention was not to long term secede those responsibilities from the typical structure (vocab, publishing, etc.)
    • Ken: Would like a quarter during the WGM where we resolve these issues. TSC, FGB, SGB, FMG should all be present as well as Publishing, EST and Vocab. Paul and Ken will craft agenda. Sunday Q3, Q4 - Thursday; no Tuesday Q3 or 4.
  • MOTION by John Q. to nominate Mario Hyland to serve on ArB. Second by Andy.
  • VOTE: All in favor
  • Paul on UDI:
    • What is the status on HL7's vote on the UDI material to JIC? Paul believes it closed without us responding to it.
    • John Q.: no discussion on UDI on the last JIC call. Paul states there was an e-vote.
    • Paul: Hl7 people on the discussions wanted their names removed because the material going forward is not in keeping with HL7's position on UDI. Somehow this needs to get resolved - there should have been a negative vote.
    • Paul isn't sure if it was an actual vote or a review and submittal of comments. However it happened, the opinion needed to be registered.
    • John Q. will contact Todd Cooper to determine the status.
    • ACTION: Anne to add update to next week's agenda.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All right