2015-09-14 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-09-14
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Austin Kreisler . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-08-31 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review the strategic plan slides and tooling strategy document on the EST page
  5. Review list of candidates for SGB and consider who might be the TSC-appointed chair
    • Proposed Candidates: Alexander Henket, Lorraine Constable, Calvin Beebe, Austin Kreisler, Russ Hamm, Paul Knapp


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Review of GOC proposal to add new "request for publication" section (Freida) - 10 min


  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with T3SD, DESD, SSD-SD, ArB, FTSD, COO, and one International Affiliate voting
  3. Approval items for this week:
  4. Approval Items for Discussion
    • DSTU Extension Request by the Structured Documents WG of SSD-SD for HL7 Implementation Guides for CDA Release 2: IHE Health Story Consolidation, DSTU Release 1.1 - US Realm at TSC Tracker 8678
      • Note: This IG has been cited in US regulation and must remain available for up to 5 years. The WG is requesting a waiver for a longer extension period which may require Board approval.
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Request for TSC Guidance on Publishing Partial Ballot Material as Reference at TSC Tracker 8664
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List


  • Paul adds an item to agenda re: FHIR publication
  • MOTION to accept last week's minutes by Andy; second by Tony.
  • VOTE: all in favor
  • Homework
    • Review strategic plan slides and tooling strategy
      • Freida asks about section referencing to HL7-endorsed tooling. Andy responds that there are a series of classifications published on the wiki.
      • Paul asks to what degree our tooling meets that criteria. Lorraine responds that would depend on which tooling you're referring to. Publishing falls under EST-supported tools. Not just simply endorsed.
      • Calvin asks if it seems like every product family demands its own set of tools? Andy responds that not everything is family-specific. Some of the things that make families distinct are their requirements.
      • Andy: criteria is not so much about the development process; what we really look for when things are externally developed is the ability to go forward with the tool - that it can be maintained, that there is support, etc. Paul: what portion of the tools we are reliant on in the publishing process really don't fit well into a stable, managed process? ACTION: Anne to add to agenda for next week
    • Review list of candidates for SGB and consider who might be the TSC-appointed chair
      • MOTION from John Roberts to name Paul Knapp as TSC-appointed chair. Second by Tony.
      • VOTE: all in favor
  • GOC proposal to add request to publish section. Freida reviews the changes.
    • Discussion over changing the last sentence to reflect TSC notification of normative publication as opposed to approval as TSC has not traditionally approved normative publication. Group reviews the checks and balances involved in the process that ensure all appropriate activity has occurred in terms of reconciliation, recirculation, etc.
    • Discussion over how this will work for FHIR when it goes normative since Grahame is the publisher.
    • Suggestion to add catch-all phrase stating that the TSC may step in at any point to assist in managing the process.
  • DSTU extension request by the Structured Documents WG of SSD-SD for HL7 Implementation Guides for CDA Release 2: IHE Health Story Consolidation, DSTU Release 1.1 - US Realm: Austin here to discuss. This has been cited by US regulation and as such needs to remain available for up to five years. They would like a waiver to allow a multiple year extension.
    • Paul: why isn't it becoming normative? Austin: it's not ready for normative, but plans to move in that direction will be discussed in Atlanta. Calvin: it's not cited as normative, either, so it would still have to be there. There are significant maintenance concerns involved and some people are okay with it lapsing - looking into ramifications of citing a lapsed DSTU. Will be discussing in US Realm. ACTION: Anne to research what US Realm discussed in Paris on the issue. How do we curate our standards with jurisdictional ramifications, especially when a DSTU is being used in a non-DSTU way? Should we make expired DSTUs retrievable on the standards grid?
    • MOTION by Paul to approve emergency 1-year extension with further discussion on policy in future calls; second by Calvin.
    • VOTE: all in favor
    • ACTION: Anne to add issue to US Realm for 9/22 and back to TSC on 9/28

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.