2015-04-06 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-04-06
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin Regrets Tony Julian x Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Veda Perkins, RCRIM . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-03-30 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Homework Prior to Paris Meeting


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:


  1. Review action items
    • Email questions/concerns about FHIR Core WG to Anne, John Q., Ken, and Paul
    • John Q. to contact Durwin regarding questions about the Attachments Collaboration project and project scope statements.
  2. Approval items - Referred for Discussion:
  3. Approval Items from last week's e-vote: Approved with a vote of 7/0/0 with ArB, CTO, 2 international affiliates, DESD, FTSD, and T3SD voting
  4. Discussion topics:
    • Wiki review of FHIR Balloting Process Pilot - Comments and Dispositions
    • Potential of applying CIMI models
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List


  • Meeting minutes approved through general consent.
  • Attachment Collaboration project: Durwin unable to join; John Q. will reach out for next week.
  • Freida mentions GOM is in a revision cycle. TSC initiated one change regarding reconciliation of normative ballots - encouraged within 10 months but not required. Peer review comments need to be submitted by Sunday. Ken asks her to resend the message to trigger thoughts/discussion.
  • SGB progress: Paul reports that transition plan is not yet fleshed out but will report on it next week.
  • Out of Cycle ballot request: Vada Perkins on the call to provide background on the project and OOC ballot request for RCRIM/OO for ‘’ISO Identification of Medicinal Products (IDMP) Technical Specifications and EU/EMA Requirements for SPL Release 7.’’ Out of cycle required due to accelerated timeline for Individual Case Safety Reports (July 2016). Ballot would open June 15 if approved.
    • MOTION: Pat moves to accept the out of cycle ballot. Melva seconds.
    • VOTE: Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 Approved: all
  • Potential of applying CIMI models to FHIR profiling: Calvin discussed this with Stan in January but there hasn’t been any movement. Expects to discuss it at the Paris meeting. Ken will reach out to Stan to invite him to either the Saturday or Sunday Paris meeting.
  • Wiki review of FHIR balloting process pilot – Freida made comments and is hoping that Karen has a chance to look at it. Freida’s opinion is that this may not be able to be extended to other WGs based upon what she’s seen with separate spreadsheets – information is different in the columns. Paul thinks it’s possible to harmonize into a common spreadsheet because there are only a few different columns. Difference btw tracker and spreadsheet – the tracker keeps track of all changes that have been applied. Spreadsheet does not track history. Freida is concerned that there isn’t follow through on the process to regain the comfort of the original balloter that the issue has been modified before publication – could be an issue with ANSI. The biggest risk would be changes occurring after the reconciliation. Would need to create policy around how to manage that. Lorraine: we do track those things with motions in the minutes. Balloters should be notified of revisions – not just for FHIR ballots but for all. Discussion over licenses for users on gforge. Calvin: future topic needs to be whether or not we should use the DSTU comment page or should we simply use gforge. This feeds in to the licensing issue. ACTION Andy to follow up on the questions regarding gforge load and license and report back on the call on the 20th. Paul: we’ll need to categorize member vs. non-member submissions. ACTION: Paul to check with FMG on how the submissions are being categorized during the review process and how the results of the pilot will be reported.
  • FHIR Core M&C and WG request: question regarding transition planning as we move to HL7 SGB.
    • MOTION: Lorraine moves to prepare the transition plan for standing up the FCWG in concert with the transition plan for standing up the SGB in consultation with PLA. Second by Melva. Calvin wonders about the relationships in the M&C and the FGB. Paul states that the transition plan will outline that process. Paul suggests that this group would report through FGB until such time that the SGB is stood up. It is product family-centric, unlike most other WGs. ACTION: Paul, Lorraine, Andy will take this back to PLA. Paul expresses discomfort with the use of the word “core.” Ken suggests bringing back to discussion when we vote on the M&C.
    • VOTE: Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: All
  • ACTION: Paul to go back to FMG with update and question on using the word core.
  • Call adjourned at 12:00 eastern.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.