2015-02-23 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-02-23
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin . Tony Julian Regrets Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp Regrets Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. . . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-02-16 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:


  1. Review action items
    • Anne to forward updated M&C to John Q. & Ken to send to the Board
    • All: Provide any input to Ken re: 1-3-6 year planning
    • Ken to invite reps from Publishing WG to 2015-03-02 call to discuss Refactoring of V2 Project Family
  2. Approval items:
  3. Approval Items from Last Week's e-Vote, currently 4/0/0 with 2 International Affiliates, ArB, FTSD,and T3SD responding; DESD referred for discussion:
  1. Discussion topics:
    • FHIR Ballot Reconciliation process (Lorraine/Paul)
    • HSI WG Content Issue (Lorraine)
    • Attachments Collaboration Project (Paul)
    • WG Co-Chairs not working within the process (Paul, John Roberts, Melva, Pat)
    • Results of Project Services Prioritization Survey
  2. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  3. Open Issues List


  • Visitors: Dave Hamill.
  • Russ Ham was introduced as the acting co-chair for FTSD while to replace Woody until May 2015 WGM. If Woody returns then FTSD will not make any changes. .
  • Minutes from 2015-02-16 call approved by general consent.
  • John moves to accept Cecil Lynch as ARB rep to FGB; Calvin seconds. None opposed or abstained. John moves to appoint Paul Knapp to the ARB; second by Andy. None opposed or abstained.
  • Project approval for behavioral health domain analysis model, release 2.0 – Melva reports it has not come to the steering division. If TSC approves, DESD has a 3 week approval period. Does approval by TSC imply steering division approval? Motion to approve the WG to submit PSS for balloting pending approval by DESD. Dave Hamill describes how this issue came to be based on process put in place by TRAC. Purpose is to accelerate process to get project on ballot. Melva withdraws first motion and moves to deny fast-tracking this project based upon failure to meet the stated deadlines. Lorraine seconds. Dave states that Ken Salyards reported that they wanted to ballot in May and September, which is why Dave escalated this through. Lorraine wonders if this is truly US Realm rather than universal. Paul isn’t sure we need to reject since we have the process and there are legislative demands. Andy notes that when Austin was chair, there was a movement to streamline the process so groups weren't using the balloting process to refine the ballot through multiple ballot periods. After discussion, group agrees that there are sufficient questions surrounding this issue to not approve and return to the Work Group. None opposed or abstained to Melva’s motion to reject.
  • FHIR Ballot Reconciliation process: Lorraine reports that FMG continues to debate this issue. Lloyd and Grahame are writing up what they need from the ballot reconciliation process that is not being address by the current process. Paul reports that FMG had a discussion of the ballot and ballot resolution points on skype chat. Ken had a conversation with Austin regarding this issue; he has agreed to be the project leader to figure out how FHIR might be managing these issues and will be working with the groups to put a PSS together with a clear vision of what the project should be doing. Paul agrees that is a good plan to stay tight to process. Lorraine states that this doesn't address the current ballot – what is our position on that? Ken says that he made that clear – we have a current process and it must be used; to change it would mean going through a deliberate process of approval. Freida comments that Karen has requested a change to the GOM stating that you have to use the spreadsheet for reconciliation. Ken asks if we should keep this on the discussion agenda for continued monitoring. Lorraine suggests putting it out a little until more tasks have been completed by FMG. She asks again what we do about the current ballot. Andy mentions this was a comment only ballot so the standards may not be as strict on this one. Paul states that they said they will be creating a reconciliation spreadsheet to be posted at the end of the process. The issue is how to get converted into tracker, etc. Lorraine adds how we can be sure the information is being thoroughly and accurately represented when transferred from tracker to spreadsheet. Balloters have expressed concern that their comments are not being considered – no way to tell. Ken wants this as a week-to-week discussion topic until the issue is resolved. Motion by Calvin that Work Groups must follow the existing process as defined in the GOM, Hl7 bylaws and co-chair handbook until an amended process is proposed and approved. Andy seconds. Opposed: 0, Abstain: 0 Favor: all.
  • Attachments Collaboration project: Ken asked if this could be postponed to next week and it was agreed. will cover next week.
  • HSI WG content issue: If they don’t own content, can they be managing and reviewing ballot items? They have stated that they are not actually balloting the material. We need to formulate a response on this. Put on next week’s agenda for further discussion.
  • WG co-chairs not working within process. Ken asked if this could be distributed to next week, it was agreed to postponed to next week.
  • Project services prioritization survey – put out as TSC email from Anne.
  • Adjourned at 12:04 pm Eastern.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.