2015-02-09 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-02-09
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau .
. John Quinn Regrets Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe . Freida Hall
x John Roberts . Paul Knapp . Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote Hetty Khan, PHER . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Doug Fridsma HL7 Chair-Elect vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-02-02 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Drafting a concept to replace the 3 year Work Group Plan
      • Expecting rough draft for next TSC call
      • Need to determine who best to finalize


  1. Review action items
    • Review of WGs meeting in Paris
    • Calvin to talk to Stan about the potential of applying CIMI models
    • Ken to look into developing a "refresher course" for WGs regarding what the TSC does
    • Freida to check the GOM re: including the steering divisions earlier in the WG formation process
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
  1. Approval items for this week's e-vote:
  2. Discussion topics:
  3. Homework:
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  5. Open Issues List


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Vital Records IGs – Michelle Williamson here to discuss issue of dot release. Freida suggests Wiki comment period before publishing dot release as stated on the TSC wiki. Michelle states they did already solicit feedback from WGs on the members only section of the website. Motion to accept all the publication requests by Jean; John R. seconds. None opposed, no abstentions.
  • PSS for Showcase – nursing electronic health record applications: Tony has concerns that section 2g states that the artifacts produced will be considered for ballot. Section 4 states that the project not related to an hl7 standard; section 1 states that it will not go through ballot. Melva states that they’re doing a demo project for interoperability – that’s the work product. This document should go back to the WG to clean up. Melva will send this back to Laura to have them clean up their language around balloting. Section 6 needs to be harmonized.
  • Trauma Registry – Freida forwarded back due to tracking issues. Anne to report back on PBS metrics process for tracking. Freida moves to approve; Melva seconds. Calvin suggests minor updates to dates of project objectives if it hasn’t been updated somewhere else. None opposed, no abstentions. Anne: Check with CIC making sure that dates have been updated and get them updated on PSS.
  • Minutes from last week approved.
  • Homework: free webinar on getting feedback. Ken encourages TSC members to attend. Anne sent link out via email to tscadmins.
  • Ken is drafting concept to replace current 3 year plan to present on next TSC call. Question on where this process should live – is it project services? Freida: if project services does get this, we need to prioritize it and reprioritize current projects as project services is overloaded. Freida sent Ken a list; we will add prioritization to next week’s agenda. Anne to create Doodle poll for prioritization of current projects. John Roberts suggests 3-year planning should be owned by the TSC, perhaps an ad-hoc committee. Freida suggests we review the 3 year plan guidance document from TSC – Anne to put in homework section.
  • Schedule for Paris meeting. Some concern that things were booked before the revised schedule came out. Posting as an item “Modified meeting agenda for Paris” on the TSC WG meeting agenda. Add a line item re: Q5 – Wednesday: Networking reception was superseded by social and river cruise. Add Monday Q1-Q4 TSC meeting. Update this page on WG landing page as well. Anne to check with Karen regarding getting changes made/posted.
  • Call adjourned at 11:50.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Melva to send PSS for Showcase - Nursing EHR applications back to WG for cleanup
  • Anne to report back on PBS metrics tracking process for Trauma Registry Data Submission CDA
  • Ken to draft concept on concept for revised 3-Year Plan
  • All: Review 3-year plan guidance document
  • Anne to get updates made to Paris agenda and post on TSC WG meeting agenda
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.