2014-12-15 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2014-12-15
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau .
. John Quinn . Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler Regrets Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne W.
. Doug Fridsma HL7 Chair-Elect vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-12-08 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Jan2015WGM TSC Homework Reminder:
    1. Gather feedback from WG Co-Chairs regarding the roll-out of Help Desk Support Process (WGM Saturday Q3) [[1]]
    2. Gather Feedback on ??


  1. Approval items:
    • Request for endorsement of FMG's motion to approve the following FMG participants to be appointed to serve a second term: David Hay, John Moerhrke, and Brian Pech.
    • Request for endorsement of FMG's motion to add Brian Postlethwaite to FMG. Mr. Postlethwaite would replace Hugh Glover, whose term will end this month.
  2. Discussion topics:


  1. Review action items
    • Review Calvin's updated naming conventions slide (emailed to group on 12/08/2014)
    • Paul and Andy: external links issue
  2. Approval items from e-vote ending 2014-12-12: 5/0/0 with 2 Affiliate, DESD, T3SD, and SSD-SD voting:
  3. Item referred for discussion from e-vote ending 2014-12-12: 4/0/0 with Jean Duteau requesting discussion:
  4. Approval Item:
  5. Discussion topics
    • Verification that co-chairs are following the policy to post IP in members only section of the website (Freida)
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Minutes from last call accepted.
  • Ken encourages all to review Help Desk Support Process in advance of the WG meeting.
  • FMG participant endorsements (Hay, Moerhke, Pech): John Q. moves to approve; Paul seconds. None opposed, no abstentions. Addition of Postlethwaite: John Q. moves to approve, Paul seconds. No abstentions, none opposed.
  • Discussion on DAF FHIR profile: concern over lack of clarity regarding what will be created (states it will not be creating new FHIR resource or content profile). Jean suggests sending document back to increase clarity, updating language and scope; Paul states that the intention was to work with existing groups. Question about engaging international community. Jean moves to approve under the condition that the following modifications will be made: 1) update project scope to make it clearer whether or not they will be producing profiles, and 2) to indicate how they will be collaborating with international affiliates (if they will be). Tony seconds. None opposed/no abstentions.
  • Calvin’s update to naming conventions: all saw the emailed update. Freida reached out to GOC and we got feedback from Karen and others – will pilot the naming convention through the next two WG meetings (May and September), and if successful, we will then propose an update the GOM. Ken asks for a motion to move forward with that plan; John Q. moves, Pat seconds. No abstentions, none opposed.
  • Paul and Andy – external links: move forward to next agenda.
  • Project withdrawal request to e-vote.
  • IP policy discussion: Pat affirms that she’s been seeing less of IP being posted publicly. Paul recalls seeing one instance but the issue was recognized immediately and corrected. Ken will add a mention to Monday night thanking people for doing such a good job following the new procedure. Anne to check to see if there is a TSC tracker item and close if it is there.
  • UDI taskforce: Paul states that it has completed the initial work. There was a UDI meeting last week and it was raised that the Argonaut work will address the issues of UDI in the marketplace, and that speaks to the issue of overall workflow and coordination of information. Paul wants to pull people together to discuss how that works. FHIR/Argonaut doesn’t solve this problem. Would like a face to face meeting in San Antonio, maybe Tuesday Q5. Ken suggests sending an email to Lillian to request that.
  • January WGM agenda review. Made adjustments to Saturday Q3 and Q4. Discussed what we’ll cover for FHIR Core WG in terms of structure, roles, timeline, and communication. Discussion will be led by Paul and Lorraine. Homework: Review mission and charter and DMP. Mary Kay has been invited to join us Sunday evening to discuss product family/product line.
  • Meeting adjourned at 11:49 am.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • All: Review Help Desk Support Process in advance of the WG meeting.
  • All: Review Mission & Charter and DMP
  • Paul to look into setting up a UDI task force meeting in San Antonio
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.