2014-12-01TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search


TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2014-12-01
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters . Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe Regrets Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne W.
. Doug Fridsma HL7 Chair-Elect vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-11-24 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
  3. Proposals:


  1. Review action items
    • Calvin to forward back the naming conventions proposal document to the group for review
    • Paul and Andy to review external links issue
    • MaryKay McDaniel to take recommendation to draft a mission and charter for the BAM governance board to PLA, as well as listing some pros and cons of the TSC owning that responsibility. TSC to potentially review draft Sunday night at January WG meeting.
    • All: Make room reservations for Paris
  2. Approval items:
  3. Discussion topics:
    • Paris WGM - Information Dissemination (Jean Duteau)
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  5. Open Issues List


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Minutes review from 11/24: Minutes approved.
  • Naming conventions: nothing new. Calvin will resubmit revised slide. Action: review revised slide at next week’s meeting.
  • External links: Revisit for next week.
  • Ken: will followup with MaryKay.
  • Helen Stevens has requested to meet with TSC on Monday. Ken is handling the request to determine what information she may want to share vs. the planned agenda. There have been some changes re: plenary times and reduced rates for Monday and Tuesday. We need agenda topics to fully flesh out the schedule, but it is early; however, there is pressure to reserve the rooms earlier than normal. Helen would also like to speak with the co-chairs. We need documented evidence of what the schedule will look like since it may be different than a typical May meeting. Co-chairs need to see what we think is going to happen for planning. Rooms have already been reserved due to advanced scheduling.
  • Mark Roche – FHIR Core mission and charter as related to S & I Framework – Mark is wondering what the position is on the mission and charter. Ken explains that it is for a FHIR Workgroup that will be foundation and technology. The M & C is still being worked through to determine relationships with other workgroups who are the subject matter experts. Mark states a concern that FHIR mission and charter is mentioned as a leverage to indicate whether a business requirement is in scope or out of scope, and he wants to understand how FHIR determines the identifier. Putting strain on areas of the S&I initiative. 80/20 rule is an example; Paul states that it is a guideline, not a rule. Lorraine states that development has exceeded what FMG has been able to review so individuals have been providing feedback in some cases; she advises Mark to escalate the issues to be reviewed by FMG. FMG shouldn’t be often overruling a domain committee; however, there may be times when some arbitration is needed for clarification. Lorraine states that we should be educating people on these processes. Ken wonders about the PSS, if the 80/20 should be more clear. 80/20 tells us if it’s a core resource or an extension. Paul wouldn’t want to see people making knee-jerk decisions based on that requirement. Ken wonders what the best path is to make sure we don’t get derailed. Grahame put on his blog a good description of 80/20 – it is a guideline, not a review. Paul will forward to Anne and Anne will post the blog URL in the minutes. Mark wonders where he should go with deadlocks/issues? Paul says: is your concern that you feel a misalignment between the application of the 80% guideline and the business needs of the workgroup, and in who gets to decide? Mark says yes, exactly. Paul states that Mark may contact him for assistance/guidance. Ken invites Mark to join lunch at JanWG meeting if his issues haven’t been resolved. Anne to add to agenda. Ken: my takeaway is that Paul is going to lead the issue for Mark; we anticipate that this problem will be resolved after some discussion; we will touch base at Wednesday lunch in January; if things have not been resolved we will address that. The group agrees that this is the plan.
  • Paris WGM: Ken will keep working to get a good outline of what will happen, and will continue to work with Helen to get a better idea of her agenda. Monday at WGM will likely when Helen will speak to co-chairs, but we need more information for the co-chairs beforehand.
  • Any other topics for discussion? None raised. Ken adjourns meeting at 11:51.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Calvin to submit the updated naming conventions slide to the group for review on next week's call.
  • Paul and Andy to review external links issue
  • Ken to followup with MaryKay McDaniel regarding mission/charter for BAM governance board
  • Paul to forward Grahame's blog post regarding 80/20 rule to Anne for posting in the minutes
  • Anne to add Mark's invitation to Jan WG lunch to agenda
  • All: firm up schedule for May WG meeting for planning purposes
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.