2013-09-25 TSC WGM Minutes

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Wednesday luncheon meeting for 2013Sep WGM

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas

TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Paul Revere B

Date: 2013-09-25
Time: 12:30-1:30PM
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Joe Bormel ONC
x Giorgio Cangioli HL7 Ad-Hoc Member, Affiliate Representative-elect
x Lorraine Constable HL7 ArB Vice Chair
Bob Dolin HL7 Board Vice Chair (member ex officio w/o vote)
x Jean Duteau HL7 Affiliate Representative
x John Feikema ONC
x Freida Hall HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
Chuck Jaffe HL7 CEO (member ex officio w/o vote)
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler (Chair) HL7 TSC Chair, Ad-hoc member
x Lynn Laakso (scribe, non-voting) HL7 HQ
x Ken McCaslin Ad-Hoc Member
Don Mon HL7 Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)
x Ron Parker HL7 ArB Chair
x Melva Peters HL7 DESD Co-Chair
John Quinn HL7 CTO (TSC member ex officio w/vote)
regrets John Roberts HL7 DESD Co-chair-elect
x Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Pat Van Dyke HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Mead Walker HL7 DESD Co-Chair
Quorum Requirements (Co-chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes/No)

Wednesday lunch

  1. Data Access Framework (DAF) of S&I Framework (John Feikema)
  2. WGM Planning - agenda setting next two WGMs - agenda links
    • Schedule:
      (January) Review TSC Mission and Charter
      (January) Review TSC Decision Making Practices
      (May) Review TSC Three-Year Plan
      (September) Review TSC SWOT

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Convened at 12:51PM

  1. Data Access Framework (DAF) of S&I Framework (John Feikema)
    • John (Feik) presents a slide show orientation. John manages the S&I Framework for ONC.
    • see http://wiki.siframework.org/Data+Access+Framework+Homepage
    • Andy asks when they anticipate moving forward with the standards recommendations. Feik replies they hope to lock down user stories for phase 1 (intra-organizational) this calendar year. Phase 2 will be early next year with a couple more mid year.
    • Lorraine points out the RLUS specification from HL7 and OMG would be applicable.
    • Jean notes that the behavior resembles IHE with profiling sets of standards. What will be brought back to HL7? They plan to submit a short form to IHE this month in leveraging XDS, but the IHE approach is not substitutable.
    • Austin points out that FHIR is specified under query structure but can also handle query results, as can HL7 v2.5.1. Feik notes that the matrix is still fluid and they are discovering appropriate areas. Austin describes the use of SAIF by Keith to help describe locations of items, using post-it notes.
    • The TSC commends Feik for bringing this in at the beginning of the process and the environmental scan for existing standards.
    • Tony asks about active EHR for patient care versus the environmental EHR used for query reporting and analytics. Feik notes they wish to create a system that allows you to point your query at whichever system you think is appropriate. Use of the operational EHR as compared to other data stores discussed.
    • Austin notes that he has requested Doug Fridsma assign someone to work with the US Realm Task Force to keep these efforts in sync. He further offers the collective knowledge of the TSC for directing their efforts in finding the right landing places for their efforts.
  2. Action item: US Realm Task Force to give feedback on presentation on where to go next, etc. (Freida)
  3. WGM Planning - agenda setting next two WGMs - agenda links
    • Schedule:
      (September) Review TSC SWOT
      • Woody adds new threat - failure to adequately deal with the US Realm.
      • Externally developed standards coming to HL7 does not have a process (e.g. IHE) - increasing external standards coming to HL7 and increasing mandates in the US Realm.
      • See TSC SWOT
      • Threat: lack of clear governance surrounding new member benefits e.g. user groups
      • Opportunity: new membership benefits for IP management, help desk and conformance testing, dealing with technical issues
      • Provide mechanisms to allow vitality assessment throughout the organization; define criteria for trigger events: including ability to define processes for assessment, provide strategic and tactical guidance to the EC and Board. (Ron)
      • Jean/Woody move approval of SWOT as amended. Unanimously approved.

Adjourned 1:39PM

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • US Realm Task Force to give feedback on presentation on where to go next, etc. (Freida).
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .