2013-06-04 Activities SDO Call Minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC: HL7 Activities with Other SDOs
|HL7 Activities with Other SDOs
Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
|Date: 2013-06-04 |
Time: 5 PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time
|Facilitator: Austin Kreisler||Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso|
|x||Austin Kreisler||HL7 TSC Chair|
|x||Lynn Laakso||HL7 staff support|
|x||John Quinn||HL7 CTO|
|x||John Roberts||TN - PHER|
|x||Ken Rubin||HP, OMG|
|x||Lisa Spellman||ISO TC/215 US TAG|
|Quorum Requirements Met: n/a|
- Agenda review and approval -
- Are we going to continue this session? If so, in what format?
- No organized program in Atlanta
- May be due to lack of announcement requesting panelists, competing with NCPDP and other organizational meetings
- Reason for blocking may or may not be important. It was suggested it was due several factors including consideration of appropriateness for TSC conducting session on communication issues, concern over honoraria for speakers, etc.
- Scott notes he likes hearing what's going on in the SDOs. Reports alone were dry but with a topic it was better. If we're fighting against other pressures maybe we find a different venue for the reports. For example, Sunday is competing with FHIR sessions.
- Sunday Q4 is an opportunity to capture the IC audience.
- Ken suggests we have it as an open session. Austin notes that he is overextended and cannot organize it. Scott notes whatever day or time is chosen will be in conflict with someone/somewhere.
- Monday night, cochairs dinner; Tuesday night is Board, Wednesday night is networking reception, and Thursday night is facilitators. Even Q5 has conflicts.
- Ken suggests a webinar and not during the WGM.
- Austin warns it needs HQ approval as well.
- Scott thinks it would work. He'd like to know what's happening in VA.
- Internal communication as a target.
- Scott will take responsibility for getting the SDOs to report in another Q4 session. Lynn collects liaison reports as well. He'll help rattle cages to get response.
- Ken suggests an OMG exercise called Lightning Round, where each group can talk each for three minutes on a certain theme and seek commonality and shared benefit across SDOs. Give three questions to each representative to address. E.g. what is the number one thing you have done in the last few years to increase participation?
- Instead of a list of panelists, a list of questions sent to all liaisons and we seek responses from any representatives in the room.
- Scott summarizes we'll use the lightning round concept and we'll come up with three questions for this cycle to circulate to the liaisons for preparation. Might mirror the plenary theme, or continue the communications topic, or some other idea. Ken suggests how other organizations address conformance to the standards they produce.
- Lightning round format discussed.
- Review the topic in two weeks. Change to a 30 minute call, suggests Ken, who cannot be on a call on the 18th.
Adjourned 5:40 pm
|Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)|
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|