2011-11-30 Activities SDO Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC: HL7 Activities with Other SDOs

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 Activities with Other SDOs

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 748-176-002

Date: 2011-11-30
Time: 9:00 AM U.S. Eastern Standard
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Jim Case IHTSDO interest
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x Ken Rubin OMG interest
x Lisa Spellman ISO TC/215 US TAG
x Ed Tripp CDISC interest

Quorum Requirements Met: n/a


Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  2. Agenda planning for San Antonio
    • Panel topic: Streamlining current cross SDO processes
    • Panel composition (dependent on panel topic) suggestions
    • 2nd session during the week to:
      • Continue discussions from Sunday afternoon
      • Plan for next WGM

Supporting Documents

  • See links


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  2. Agenda planning for San Antonio
    • Panel topic: Streamlining current cross SDO processes
    • Panel composition (dependent on panel topic) suggestions
      • Names suggested included Jim Case, Lisa Spellman, John Quinn, who have accepted;
      • Waiting for response from Bron Kisler, Mike Littman (sp?)
      • Robert Stegwee declined as he won’t be in attendance at the WGM.
      • Need contact information for others. Lisa will contact Bron and Mike.
      • Line up the right people for the panel, then at the next call determine how we want the panel to operate.
      • Jim asks what the outcome of the panel will be. Austin hopes we’d work towards how the SDOs change operations in accord with discovery during panel. Looking for action items for SDOs to take to streamline processes between SDOs. Follow on session during the week can address the specific actions. Jim asks if there is background information on the evolution of this activity. Austin described the evolution from the formation of JIC to the report-out sessions at the WGM to the current effort. First panel was at the last WGM, trying to re-energize the effort that initially created the JIC.
      • Jim asks if we should have an officer that attends the IHTSDO meetings, to be on the panel. We want the SDOs to feel they have the right representative at the table. Jim asks for the list of the SDOs that we are targeting. Austin notes that HL7 has agreements with a number of SDOs but not all of them have a defined process for the interaction. We’re in the midst of forming some of those processes today. Organizations like IHE have purely informal processes. The last panel convened individuals who worked with multiple groups; we may wish to identify individuals from each of the certain SDOs. Jim would like to see LOINC represented, perhaps with Dan Vreeman.
      • Lisa asks if there were a series of three or four questions that you’d like each of the panelists to address, such as the top two or three items from your SDOs program of work this year and where do you see those intersecting with HL7; what roadblocks or opportunities do you see? You may focus on these questions within those defined cross-SDO processes.
      • Ken joins
      • Lisa also suggests Don Newsham from Canada Health Infoway who has been working with JIC. Will Christian Hay also be there? Austin believes so. Lisa notes the IHE is petitioning to join JIC; Mike Nussbaum or Keith Boone would be a good addition.
      • John Moehrke joins.
    • Austin suggests we reschedule the call on the 7th to touch base with the panelists on the 14th. Use January 4th or 11th as the final call.
    • Lynn suggests driving the reports to those questions. Ed suggests soliciting the one thing you would change about the process. Austin sees another panel topic from standards developers working from outside the SDO representatives. We can present that to the group to begin formulating ideas for the May cycle.

Adjourned 9:39 AM ET

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lisa will contact a number of potential panelists.
  • Lynn will reschedule the December calls
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items