2011-01-31 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2011-01-31 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-01-31
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
regrets Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
x Dave Hamill HL7 HQ
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x Don Lloyd HL7 HQ
Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
regrets Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
regrets John Quinn HL7 CTO
x Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
regrets Jay Zimmerman HL7 Affiliate Representative

Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes


Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes
  4. Review action items
  5. Review new WGM action items:
    • Calvin will check with Keith on his Google Map for CDA Usage for V3 marketing/usage statistics.
    • Ken will take issue # 1681 to Project Services on description of “process adoption” process, e.g. alpha vs endorsed vs. encouraged vs mandated i.e. Security Risk Framework Cookbook.
    • Lynn and Austin to draft next WGM agenda - see 2011-05-14 TSC WGM Agenda Completed
    • Austin to follow up on the status of Healthcare Readiness Project Development (#1636)
    • Lynn will combine projects 645 and 631, and close project 649 for the TSC. Completed
    • Woody to create a project scope statement for T3F Strategic Initiative Review.
    • Ken and Lynn to draft a letter to Charlie thanking him for his service.
    • Jane will set up a meeting with the members of the Tooling committee and Charlie and Grahame Grieve on the NCI RFP response.
    • Bob will write the first draft and Calvin will look over his shoulder, and Charlie will review for incubator proposal process (not a specific incubator project)
    • Architecture Implementation Program actions:
      • Lloyd working on artifact catalog
      • Patrick to develop Project Scope Statement and socialize with involved groups
      • Ken to set up Architecture Program listserv
  6. Ballot approvals: out of cycle normative ballot approval requested for 5 documents in IDMP (JIC project) at TSC Tracker # 1755, Project Insight ID# 501.
  7. HL7 Chair or CEO Report – if available
  8. CTO Report - John Quinn
  9. ArB Report – Charlie Mead/Ron Parker
  10. Affiliates Report – Ravi Natarajan/ Jay Zimmerman
  11. Domain Experts Report– Austin Kreisler/Ed Tripp
  12. Foundation & Technology Report– Woody Beeler/Tony Julian
  13. Structure & Semantic Design Report– Calvin Beebe/Gregg Seppala
  14. Technical & Support Services Report- Ken McCaslin/ Patrick Loyd
  15. Membership Comments on Steering Division Reports
  16. WGM Planning -
    • Marketing and promotion - update from HQ -
    • TSC preparations - Lynn Laakso
    • Working Group preparations - agendas
  17. Organizational Relations Committee update (semiweekly) - Ken McCaslin
  18. Discussion Topics:
    • (15 mins) Discussion of ONC S&I Framework - Austin
    • Discussion of SAIF IG Program statement - Austin
    • Open Issues List

Supporting Documents


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) – Don on ballot approval, Dave on Project Health
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
    • Move up Don’s item and Dave’s item. Agenda approved by general consent.
      Ron joins at 11:09 am, meeting called to order.
  3. Ballot approvals: out of cycle normative ballot approval requested for 5 documents in IDMP (JIC project) at TSC Tracker # 1755, Project Insight ID# 501.
    • Ballot pool open is late due to conflicts with holiday schedules. Opening Feb 18th. Material previously balloted for comment. Motion: Ken moves and Ravi seconds to approve this ballot opening. Vote: Unanimously approved.
  4. Discussion on Project Health metrics - see Project Health Metrics suggestion tracker, and latest Project Report
    Ed joins the call
    • New tracker set up in TSC project in GForge. Dave reviewed the entries in the tracker to date. Discussion on metrics reporting numbers versus percentages. Dave and Lynn will look at a test of the use of this information towards next week’s request for project approval by CIC. Ravi asks how we can measure based on information in Project Insight if that information has not been kept up to date. Dave reported that the Steering Division Project Facilitators are requesting this information from the Work Groups to update Project Insight. Ravi notes we need some controls that each milestone achieved should be updated in the Project Insight tracker. Austin feels that by exposing project health it will incent these project teams to do some of that work. Projects that have not been updated recently will show the work group’s projects in poor health and when they request new projects this will come to light and encourage them to provide updates. Dave seeks additional suggestions from the TSC members. Send them to the TSC list and Lynn and Dave will receive them.
  5. Approve Minutes
    • 2011-01-24 TSC Call Agenda Vote: Ron abstains. Passed 5/0/1).
    • 2011JanWGM, Sydney, NSW Australia, January 9-14 2011 – Ravi, Gregg and Ed abstain. Vote: 3/0/3. Minutes approved.
  6. HL7 Chair or CEO Report – not available
  7. CTO Report - John Quinn on the road and not available
  8. ArB Report –Ron Parker – call with Charlie, Austin and John regarding ongoing EA program work.
  9. Affiliates Report – Ravi Natarajan has nothing to report
  10. Domain Experts Report–Ed Tripp
    • Motion: approve project scope statement for Generation of Anesthesia Standards (GAS) Preoperative Anesthesia DAM, at TSC Tracker # 1753, Project Insight # 731
    • Gregg raised a discussion on Domain Analysis Models tying back to the RIM; this project does not intend to tie back. Ron felt there was not yet a resolution on that discussion. Content of a DAM needs to be worked further with MnM. Lynn notes this is a duplicate of project 542. Extensive external collaboration noted.
    • Vote: Unanimously approved
    • Ed notes there’s something coming next week, and three in the queue. U.S. Readiness is resurfacing to the Steering Division.
  11. Foundation & Technology Report–Tony Julian had nothing to report.
  12. Structure & Semantic Design Report–Gregg Seppala
  13. Technical & Support Services Report- Ken McCaslin has nothing further to report
  14. Organizational Relations Committee update (semiweekly) - Ken McCaslin has nothing to report.
  15. Discussion Topics:
    • (15 mins) Discussion of ONC S&I Framework – Austin
      • Kicking off this week. They’ve identified initiatives all involving HL7 standards, and hoping the SDOs will participate. Meetings begin today. CDA consolidation project kicked off in January. Austin was asked to find out from the Steering Divisions to identify WG needing to be involved with these efforts. Three initiatives: transition care (CCD/CCR refinements), Lab interfaces (orders and observations), and consolidation project. So, the Work Groups are Structured Documents and OO. Need cochairs from those WG willing to act as HL7 representatives in those groups on those initiatives. Need to be mindful of conflict of interest if they also represent another employer’s requirements, but to be an ‘official’ HL7 liaison. Ken notes he is participating on the lab directive but representing ACLA not Quest Diagnostics. OO has volunteered Rob Hausam. Question is for the two others: there are HL7 people involved, but we don’t know if they’re technically representing HL7. We need to specifically identify some WG Co-Chairs to help. Ravi asks why HL7 International is looking for co-chairs for US realm representation. Austin says since we don’t have a U.S. Affiliate we have to get WG co-chairs. Ravi asks what is the implication to HL7 International if it takes on the US realm representation? Need representation to protect HL7 IP. ONC appears to be claiming the background IP which needs to be prohibited, but Ron clarifies that products developed as a result of the initiative using the background IP can become public. Austin notes three conditions for SDOs to participate – sign over the IP, limited license permitting distribution, and then development of some alternate licensing arrangement. Not asking the representative to deal with that – Chuck is dealing with it as CEO. Someone wearing an official HL7 hat needed to speak when the group wants to know what HL7 “thinks” of something. Would like the SD to nominate someone for that. Ken asks if they should be co-chair somewhere in HL7 or cochair of that WG. Prefer cochair of the WG Austin notes but if the candidate is well-qualified we’d be ok. Austin further notes that the cutoff for this identification of the representative is Friday Feb 4th. Ken volunteers for Lab, but Austin notes Rob was named though he may not have signed up yet. Ravi is concerned about someone already a significant contributor to HL7 to take on the extra work. Please send Austin your suggestions.
    • Discussion of SAIF IG Program statement – Austin notes the draft was sent to the list. Would like to get the listserv set up this week. SAIF_arch_pgm is the proposed name. It will be an open list under the TSC. Ken or Lynn will reach out to Mike to get that set up.
  16. Adjourned 11:59 am EST

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Ken or Lynn will reach out to Mike to get the SAIF_arch_pgm listserv set up.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .