2011-01-11 TSC WGM Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2011-01-11 TSC WGM Agenda)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Tuesday lunch meeting for 2011Jan WGM

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas

TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes


Date: 2010-01-11
Time: lunch
Facilitator Austin Kreisler Note taker(s) Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation Email Address
regrets Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair (member ex officio w/vote)
Chuck Jaffe HL7 CEO (member ex officio w/o vote)
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso (scribe, non-voting) HL7 HQ
x Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
x Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
Don Mon HL7 Board Chair-elect (member ex officio w/o vote)
x Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
John Quinn HL7 CTO (TSC member ex officio w/vote)
regrets Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
regrets Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
regrets Jay Zimmerman HL7 International Council Representative
x Ian Bull guest/observer, ACT Health
Quorum Requirements (Co-chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes

Agenda Topics

  1. Roll Call and Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Additions to, and acceptance of, agenda:
  3. Agenda setting for upcoming WGMs
  4. Report back from Implementation and Conformance on taking responsibility for the ECCF.
  5. TSC Representative to ORC
  6. Next TSC Meeting

Supporting Documents

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Roll Call and Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Austin called the meeting to order at 12:51PM
    • Visitor: Ian Bull with ACT Health was in attendance.
  2. Additions to, and acceptance of, agenda: agenda accepted
  3. Agenda setting for upcoming WGMs
    • Patrick says we’ll need to have a quarter for Composite Order Program Management in Q4 – Charlie adds we can take ArB out of Q4 altogether. Charlie would like that change made to the template, not just for the next meeting.
  4. Report back from Implementation and Conformance on taking responsibility for the ECCF.
    • Charlie reported on the IC meeting. When first version of ECCF published in September 08 and followed on in Jan 2009, a strong cry from Frank and Ioana that ArB should not have been working on conformance without deeper collaboration from IC. Charlie met with them and received a document on conformance and assured them the ArB would go through it and accommodate it. He and Wendell went through the document and made a table indicating the words used currently in use and those in ECCF (from ISO and RM-ODP) with recommendations to use the words in ECCF. They returned the document to IC and suggested they adopt the terminology. After that point, the dialog stopped, and interaction was patterned after an insistence that SAIF should be aligned with the work they were already doing in IC. Today’s conversation was even more dysfunctional than past discussions. Frank said why isn’t SAIF doing RM-ODP, and then he would say why is SAIF doing RM-ODP at all? IC is insistent that their domain is all of HL7. They plan to come to the TSC to discuss further. Charlie recounts that Frank sent in statements that were not addressed. He agrees that he did not respond to statements that would not substantively change the ECCF. Charlie feels the TSC needs to assign someone else to the task.
    • Patrick says it is pushing the limit to say the entire work group feels the same, but some thought leaders are hijacking the group, to the point the chair cannot control the meeting. Frank seems to be so impassioned that the rest of the work group cannot keep up with the dialog. We’ll need to post a reconciliation of the comments for Frank and Zoran Milosevich from NEHTA (RM-ODP co-author and expert), to be fair and provide traceability. Then we’ll need to put out a new version and need resources to do so. Charlie adds that he could add some initial comments to the 71-line spreadsheet for review and they can be incorporated when they update the ECCF as aligned with RM-ODP in cooperation with Zoran. Frank and Zoran will need to have a taser fight and battle over what the terminology should be. Charlie reiterates that the ECCF is not trying to ‘be’ RM-ODP, but we’d like to use concept terminology from RM-ODP where applicable. Austin notes that someone familiar with SAIF would need to accompany Zoran to the ‘taser fight’. Austin notes there appears to be a ‘way forward’; Charlie recommends that Austin should speak with Frank to ensure he’s aware that SAIF is not ‘optional’, and also bring Melva Peters as cochair of IC into the discussion to understand where the direction needs to go. Patrick did note that the IC WG voted to take over the ECCF once the reconciliation has taken place.
    • Lynn noted that PSC has submitted a “SAIF Implementation Guide” at the direction of Steve Hufnagel – Charlie clarifies that there is some misdirection going on there. Patrick notes that Austin, Lynn and he need to develop the list of projects needed under the Composite Order Program. Ron adds that the PSC effort is a chapter in the overall IG on the project management aspects and they have been very helpful in stepping up to take on the adaptation. Lynn will forward the PSC PSS to the ArB chairs for review. They will talk to Steve to ensure the ArB direction is consistent. Austin and Patrick need to collect records of any efforts that address SAIF to be reviewed under the auspices of the SAIF Program. This needs to be blended with the matrix that Patrick developed to identify the projects needed to enable the cross dependencies.
    • Charlie expects to be working closely with Zoran – funded jointly by NCI and NEHTA (Andy Bond) they should be able to get the reconciliation completed. If voting needs to be held to a recirculation ballot to override negative votes over the objections of an individual and unmovable opinion.
  5. TSC Representative to ORC
    • Ken said he’d do it. Patrick moves to name Ken, Ron seconds. Unanimously approved. The committee thanks Ken for his willingness to serve.
  6. Next TSC Meeting - no meeting on MLK day. We’ll schedule a meeting for the 24th, Ken has regrets as does Woody and Patrick. Woody will also not be available on the 1st.

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .