20070917 Working Group Meeting, Atlanta
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Domain Experts Steering Division,September 17, 2007
Domain Experts Steering Division,September 17, 2007
- Gunther Schadow, Anatomic Pathology SIG
- Martin Hurrell, Anesthesiology SIG
- Terri Monk, Anesthesiology SIG
- Mike Cassidy, Attachment SIG
- Penny Sanchez, Attachment SIG
- Klaus Veil, Board
- Richard Thoreson, Community-Based Collaborative Care
- Thomas Norgall, Device SIG
- Todd Cooper, Device SIG
- Kevin Coonan, Emergency Care SIG
- Jim Mc Cain, Government Projects SIG
- Nancy Orvis, Government Projects SIG
- Fred Behlen, Imaging Integration SIG
- Helmut Koenig, Imaging Integration SIG
- Austin Kreisler, Laboratory SIG
- Craig Robinson, Laboratory SIG
- Larry McKnight, Patient Care
- Susan Matney, Patient Care
- William Goossen, Patient Care
- Garry Cruikshank, Pharmacy SIG
- Rob Hallowell, Pharmacy SIG
- Jim Case, Steering Division Co-chair
- Kristi Eckerson, Public Health Emergency Response SIG
- Rita Altamore, Public Health Emergency Response SIG
- Clive Flashman, Patient Safety SIG
- Lise Stevens, Patient Safety SIG
- Ed Tripp, RCRIM
- Edward Helton, RCRIM
- Randy Levin, RCRIM
- Plan conference call schedule
- Determine SD list server subscription policy - "Private" or "Open"
- Designate SD representative to Technical Editing Project Advisory Committee
- Current discussion topics/issues
Conference call schedule
- Committee felt that due to the size of the division and the current proliferation of conference calls it was not possible at this meeting to schedule a time for the meeting. To address this, the members were asked to:
- Send in their current conference call schedules
- Preferred time for call
- Current time zones of co-chairs to optimize the schedule
- Following evaluation of the existing call schedules, an initial call will be scheduled, at which, a more routine call schedule will be discussed.
- To begin development of call agendas, committees will assist in the development of a list of current and planned projects from each member committees.
Determine SD list server subscription policy - "Private" or "Open"
- Discussion on operation of the SD list server revolved around two primary options
- 1)"private" then accept "Co-chairs in this SD Only", or
- 2)"Open to Any Co-chairs"
- There was no extended discussion on inclusion of committee members to this list as intra-committee discussions were encouraged to continue at the committee level and escalation to the SD would be done as appropriate.
- List name: email@example.com
- Will be set up by the end of the WGM
Designate SD representative to Technical Editing Project Advisory Committee
- Co-chairs were encouraged to discuss participation in this group with their membership and submit names to Austin or Jim before Wednesday Sep 19, 2007.
Other Business/Issues (collected, not discussed)
- How to involve facilitators – sharing expertise and experience (training) among groups?
- Attempt to identify areas of overlap among and between SD
- Identification of high level categories of projects (common work products)
- Provide overviews of completed projects
- Develop decision making practices for SD
- Proposal to use “open document” to exchange documents within HL7
- Scheduling of SD meeting besides post-TSC to perform joint work? Postpone decision until after next working group meeting
- Provide an executive summary of SD efforts for other SDs
- SD document portals on new HL7 website?
- Where does the CIC fit in with the SD’s.