T3SD WGM-20140915

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 21:19, 24 September 2014 by F hall (talk | contribs) (→‎Meeting Admin)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: Yes
Attendee Name Affiliation
Regrets Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Diego Kaminker Education
Melva Peters (Board Report?) Education
X Ken Chen Education
X Lorraine Constable Electronic Services & Tools
X David Burgess Electronic Services & Tools
Nat Wong Electronic Services & Tools
Jeff Brown Electronic Services & Tools
Regrets Andy Stechishin (Board Report) Electronic Services & Tools
X Michael Van der Zel Electronic Services & Tools
Dennis Cheung Electronic Services & Tools
X Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
John Ritter (Board Report?) International Mentoring
Liora Alschuler Process Improvement
Regrets Sandy Stuart (Board Report?) Process Improvement
X Rick Haddorff (Board Report?) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Jane Daus (Board Report?) Publishing
X Brian Pech Publishing
Regrets Andy Stechishin Publishing
Pete Gilbert Publishing
X Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Agenda -
    • Approved; added items re: PIC Mentor and errata publication process
  3. Help Desk Support and Problem Escalation: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8339/12323/HL7HelpDeskSupport_WG_Engagement_20140819.doc
  4. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • Rolling out new certification testing August 2015; want to increase pool of questions to include new material on each exam. Good response on learning programs, 600 students total so far this year. Workshop on V2 still under discussion, to include "hands on" for students. Learning partners discussed – responsible to find speaker to do tutorial; still under discussion. Conference in Prague pending; discussed tutorials/speakers. Education is hoping to attract leadership from Africa to education offerings at the Paris WGM.
    • Electronic Services & Tools (EST)
      • Approve Project EST Core Services and Tools V4: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8367/12391/HL7%20PSS-%20EST-core-services-and-tools-v4.doc
      • PSS reviewed; motion to approve by Diego, second by Brian; Against-0; Abstain-0; motion carried unanimously.
      • Newly merged WGs are progressing on merger; have gotten through Decision Making Practices (DMP) and Mission/Charter (MC). Discussing future call schedule; may retain old time slots for Tooling. Expecting requirements from HL7 Terminology Authority (HTA) re: Value Set requirements and International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation (IHTSDO). Also working with new HL7 staff.
    • International Mentoring
      • Met Sunday; still working to attract representatives from Africa to Paris Meeting; looking at various models, such as Payer Summit, paid sponsor; "Operation Flood", etc. Could invite HIMSS to work in Africa with HL7 participating in support. Funding continues to be issue; discussed potential funding sources; OpenMRS may be funding source. Need to act by January 2015 WGM for action at the May 2015 Paris WGM.
      • Future IMC Projects and Activities
        • How to create Standards Collaborative Organizations in Africa?
        • Could we propose that HIMSS host a Summit in one of the four quadrants in Africa?
        • Perhaps invite vendors who already have inroads into Africa?
        • Possible participants:
          • World Bank? BUPPA? Gates Foundation? HL7? IHE? WHO? Clinton Global Initiative? Other HIMSS world-chapters (Asia-Pacific; South America; North America; Middle East; Latin America; Europe)
        • Perhaps HIMSS could identify the attendees of recent Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and European HIMSS events who were from Africa and work with those attendees to create an event in some quadrant of Africa.
    • Process Improvement
      • Sandy is attending different Steering Division to socialize Mentor program; Work Groups would support asking if there are First Time Attendees that would like a mentor from their WG, but felt it would be bad if there were no one in the WG volunteering. John Ritter suggested during introduction of attendees at the WG, one could volunteer for a "mentor meeting" of interested FTAs, for example 'x' day at' x' (e.g. tomorrow breakfast/Wednesday lunch). This represents a time limited commitment and allows FTA to self-determine if they want to meet.
    • Project Services
      • New PSS 2015 Version will roll out for projects kicking off after the January 2015 WGM. September 2014 will use 2013.1 PSS. New project brought to PS by Ken McCaslin re: engaging college/university students in "component" work on a project. This could allow students with 'x' time (approximately 5 weeks) to engage in working on a project as part of their curriculum. This could also include graphics/English (for scrubbing documents), but this might not be subject to college/university credit.
    • Publishing
      • V2 - Backlog of work; working with new staff (Juba). V2.8.2 and V2.9 pending, V2 examples clean up, errata, and tables' project – have to prioritize due to multiple projects. V2.9 and tables cleanup may be executed together. Informal cutoff for V2.9 last Friday but it was a soft cut off. Publishing WG hopes to publish V2.9 in less than 3 years. V2.8.2 may be out of cycle or January 2015. HL7 published V2.8.1 before Don left in August.
      • V3 - no report (regrets from Andy).
    • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • 2nd DSTU on track for January; will be two parts: Draft for Comment January 2015 with DSTU May 2015. WGs are having difficulty meeting deadlines due to bandwidth issues.
    • Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Not many calls this summer; suggestion to extend governance model from SAIF to V2 space as product family. May be opportunity to tweak current process, examine Microsoft dependencies. Would like to separate content and presentation so V2 publishing is not so heavily 'style' dependent. Frank Oemig has V2 'improvement' proposal. Mary Kay met with ARB to discuss Product Lines. Publication for FHIR under discussion.
  5. TSC meeting Report -
  6. New Business -
    • January 2015 Co-Chair elections - Electronic Services & Tools: Dennis Cheung, Andy Stechishin, Michael van Zel (all interim), Nat Wong. Any others please notify Linda Jenkins at HL7 HQ.
    • Attend room assignment training for co-chairs-will be in effect for January WGM; scheduing joint meetings will involve automated email exchange between WGs. Dave announced a training Webinar will be offered after the WGM; watch for announcement.
    • Reminder to Update you DMP (or use new V4 default) by January 2015 WGM#*Call scheduled next trimester - skip week of September 22; Monday schedule skip week of 11/24, 12/22?
    • Calls scheduled next trimester - skip week of September 22; keep Monday schedule but skip holiday weeks (11/24, 12/22)
    • Request from Process Improvement re: mentor assignment by WGs (discussed above)
    • Process for Errata publication –need a template for the CTO letter form John Quinn; is this Publishing WG action item? Publishing will research; can probably find an example from past errata which could be used to create template/boilerplate for guidance to WGs in future.