T3SD WGM-20140120

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 18:19, 29 January 2014 by F hall (talk | contribs) (→‎Meeting Admin)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: ?
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Diego Kaminker Education
Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
Patrick Loyd Education
Lorraine Constable Electronic Services
Ken McCaslin (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
Nat Wong Electronic Services
X Jeff Brown Electronic Services
X Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
X John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
Open Process Improvement
X Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
X Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Jane Daus (Board Liaison) Publishing
X Brian Pech Publishing
X Andy Stechishin Publishing
X Sandy Stuart Publishing
X Andy Stechishin (Board Liaison) Tooling
X Michael Van der Zel Tooling
X Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call - Completed
  2. Approve Agenda - Approved as written
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes -
  4. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • 800 students from 16 countries; 80 scholarships (10 %). Working on updating most material, creating new assignments for review based on feedback. Experiencing some trouble with V3 updates to course. Some normative release 2010 is not in normative release 2012 which requires tweaking V3 course. (DSTU in normative release causes issues) Fully electronic in certification testing now, proctoring by affiliate is working well. HL7 Learning Partner program to be discussed Thursday. FHIR unit will be mandatory in future HL7 Fundamental education.
    • Electronic Services
      • PSS approval: FHIR Tooling and Electronic Services Support: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7739/11320/1058%20HL7PSS-FHIR%20TechSupport20131211V4.doc. Motion to approve by Brian Pech, second by Jeff Brown. Against-0; Abstain-0; Motion Carried Unanimously. Brian commented, there is parallel PSS from Publishing; intent to provide support for FHIR activities. Brian stated will probably need 4 distinct websites for FHIR: Balloted, development (technical corrections), supporting connect-a-thons, and immediate past version ballot. Brian noted that the target dates are very aggressive for this project; Dave commented the project is competing with Board initiatives using limited staff resources (User Groups, Conformance Testing, WG room allocation, etc.) Saved edited PSS as V5; Action: Andy to forward to Lynn for TSC vote.
      • Jeff reported ES has had great interaction with HL7 staff (Mike, Pete, Dave) on WG meeting scheduling and other projects. New website development is going well New projects with FHIR are pending. ES has discussed value proposition for participation in ES; trying to define internally for use as education/recruitment tool to deal with ongoing ES bandwidth issues. Action: Jeff asked to forward value proposition document to T3SD list as many WGs in this SD deal with this issue.
    • International Mentoring
      • IMC met Sunday; PhD student hoping to attend, but visa was denied. IMC suggested HL7 should identify a title for representatives in regions that don't yet have an affiliate, for example, "HL7 Coordinator". This person could be identified as point of contact re: HL7 in their country. Freida suggested IM define 'responsibilities' of these individual to set appropriate expectations.
      • IMC has issue with 3 year plan as their activities are someone subject to influences beyond their control. They discussed potential 'projects'. Would like to define different moniker for LMIC (low and middle income country) since that label is not very 'uplifting' - "leaned resource stakeholder group" is one suggestion. Contact IMC if you have suggestion. John asked if the Policy Committee is a member of this SD; they are not, they are a Board appointed committee. Andy commented it would be up to the individual Committee to 'petition' to join a Steering Division, and might also require a GOM change to add to T3SD. Action: Andy commented he can bring issue to TSC as it would benefit IM to have improved collaboration/communication with Marketing and Policy Committee.
    • Process Improvement
      • Will review projects this week; still looking for co-chair to replace Rita.
    • Project Services
      • PSS approval: HL7 International Secure Storage of Intellectual Property Prior to Publication: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7741/11322/HL7_PSS_SecureStorageOfIP.doc
      • PSS withdrawn for now, based on input from TSC meeting regarding IP. Will put back on the agenda when issues are resolved. Working on 2014 PSS, will be published after the February 2 deadline for projects to ballot May 2014 cycle. SAIF Architecture project winding down; PS assisting with coordination of SAIF pilot projects. Rick is interviewing those projects to gather lessons learned. Feedback thus far is pilots felt there was value and might be able to assist with resources to continue SAIF. Rick will report in future on input from other SAIF projects. John suggest Rick also speak with Steve Hufnagel.
    • Publishing
      • PSS Approval: Publishing and Tooling support for FHIR publication: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7740/11321/1062%20PSS_FHIR_Publishing_supportv2.doc. This project is parallel to ES PSS discussed previously. Need to document existing publication process; Graham created batch files for first iteration. Need to work out logistics, policies across various sites to be created under ES PSS (ballot, published, connect-a-thon). Publishing needs to work out with FHIR Management who will assume responsibility to coordinate. Motion to approve PSS by Brian Pech, second by Sandy Stuart. Against-0; Abstain-0; Motion Carried Unanimously. Andy saved PSS as Version 3 and will forward to Lynn for TSC vote.
      • V2 - V2.8 pending issues due to XML/errata issues. Most issues should be resolvable by technical correction; impacts approximately 3 chapters. Don Lloyd needs assistance to craft the errata; to be discussed V2 Publishing Q1 Wednesday. Jane Daus standing for re-election.
      • V3 - Don reported status at Co-Chair meeting re: V3 ballot; several ballots are closing today. Successful V3 ballot cycle.
    • Tooling
      • Michael reported things are going well with projects. The Tooling Challenge for 2014 will be announced Tuesday morning. Continuing work on Tooling Strategy. Robert Worden will be presenting on migrating CDA to FHIR, following the Core Point event, approximately 7 pm. Tooling is working on organizing an Enterprise Architect User meeting at the WGM and may expand to other UML tools in future.
    • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • DSTU ballot passed.
    • Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Dependent on ARB progress on BAM-lite, which is getting close to ready for review.
  5. Project Review
  6. TSC meeting Report -
  7. New Business -
    • Reminders: The deadline for requesting meeting room space is Friday, January 31, 2014. The deadline for posting your minutes is Friday, February 7, 2014. T3SD Board Liaisons will be up for election at the May WGM based on the GOM policy change T3SD submitted in 2013. Next T3SD call will be February 10; Freida will schedule and send appointment to the list.
  8. Meeting Adjourned 8:25 pm