Difference between revisions of "T3SD Concall-20140407"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 72: Line 72:
# Approve Agenda - No additions
# Approve Agenda - No additions
# Approve Meeting Minutes -  
# Approve Meeting Minutes -  
#* Motion to approve by Sandy, second by Melva; Against-0 ; Abstain-2 ; Motion carries
#* Motion to approve 3/24 minutes by Sandy, second by Melva; Against-0 ; Abstain-2 ; Motion carries
# Work Group Updates
# Work Group Updates
#* Education
#* Education

Latest revision as of 19:08, 18 April 2014

Back to Agendas and minutes


  • 2014 Board Liaisons - reminder elections at May 2014 at WGM
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: ?
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Diego Kaminker Education
X Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
Patrick Loyd Education
X Lorraine Constable Electronic Services
X Ken McCaslin (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
Nat Wong Electronic Services
Jeff Brown Electronic Services
Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
X John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
Open Process Improvement
X Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
X Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Jane Daus (Board Liaison) Publishing
X Brian Pech Publishing
X Andy Stechishin Publishing
X Sandy Stuart Publishing
X Andy Stechishin (Board Liaison) Tooling
Michael Van der Zel Tooling
X Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
X Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Agenda - No additions
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes -
    • Motion to approve 3/24 minutes by Sandy, second by Melva; Against-0 ; Abstain-2 ; Motion carries
  4. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • Melva reported Education is preparing for WGM. V2.x Workshop PSS approved by TSC today
    • Electronic Services
      • Lorraine and Ken missed the last call, but Lorraine checked with Jeff re: outcome. ES approved PSS supporting work on EHR-S FM. HQ lost Pete (HL7 support), don’t know if HQ has found replacement yet. Ongoing challenge with co-chair bandwidth. Loyd attended the call and reported registry requirements for FHIR; FHIR publication is also a “hot topic”. ES will be losing co-chair (or two) by the May Meeting. The WG discussed moving call time. ES is working on “value proposition” to encourage participation by explaining benefit to “day job”.
    • International Mentoring
      • John reported no update this call.
    • Process Improvement
      • Sandy reported PIC met last week; discussed project updates and prepping for the May WGM. Anticipate a couple of candidates running for PIC Co-Chair in May.
    • Project Services
      • Rick reported PS met last week; have issue updating Electronic Ballot document (have tracker). Prepping for May WGM; completed Board liaison report. Continue work on wrap up of SAIF Architecture Program/Pilot Coordination. 2014 PSS complete; question re: FHIR version of PSS; Dave researching.
    • Publishing
      • V2 - Brian reported Frank Oemig attended Publishing call last week; Frank is working on project to address weakness in current tooling stack to produce V2 artifacts. He imports V2 chapter into XML spy to render XML, then utilizes XML output to facilitate loading into his Access database. He is looking to replace the XML spy step with custom Java code he created and would also like to remove/simplify production steps. HQ asked Frank to work with Don Loyd to document so the process can be followed by Frank, Don, or other HQ staff. Brian has action item to track down PSS; it needs to be updated. Call pending between Frank, John, and Don; Andy offered to participate if needed. Andy may follow up with Don. Another project discussed is to web enable the V2 editing process; would require check-in/check-out of V2 chapters for editing.
      • V3 - Andy reported V3 ballot is open; working on normative edition now. The application of requested changes to support wire format revealed an error in sorting which may have been introduced in 2009; Woody is working to resolve.
    • Tooling
      • Andy reported they are proceeding with Tooling Education requirements; will discuss with Education in future. This is re: analysis of requirements for what Tooling should be providing in the way of tooling education. Andy/Lynn reported webinar for Tooling Challenge has been scheduled. Lynn will send reminder to the Tooling list. Andy does not know if he can attend the May WGM. The WG has elected Woody as “stand in” co-chair to cover Tooling if none of the Tooling Co-Chairs can attend.
    • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech) - Brian reported FHIR Governance Board has been reconstituted; Woody Beeler is new Co-Chair, along with Dave Shaver. Newest members are Lorraine Constable and Dave Shaver. FGB is seeking new membership, to include provider representative. Hugh Glover stepped down as Co-Chair; David Hays, Orion, FMG elected, along with Loyd McKenzie. FMG is in process of replacing Lorraine’s position. Hans Buitendijk may be joining FMG. Connect-a-thon planning underway; details on FHIR wiki. In process of reviewing criteria for quality assurance of resources in future. Beta version of FHIR profile tool available, tool automates some of the more challenge ‘bits’; contact Lynn if you need the address. Tutorial on the profile Sunday Q4 at the WGM. Interviewed potential new members for FMG. Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech). Graham requested incremental update to DSTU to include typos and bug fixes; discussion re: version numbering. TSC discussed the DSTU update today; Lorrain reported WGs should be following the existing process for DSTU updates; TSC voted to ask FHIR to roll back published update. FMG has also discussed potential web connect-a-thon, will include financial incentive. stay tuned for announcements.
    • Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Paul Knapp put together spreadsheet to categorize; consensus to categorize in broad categorize into product families, but more challenging as you move down into more granular artifacts. Some items don’t categorize well, such as Arden Syntax. No definitive conclusion reach so more discussion anticipated.
  5. Project Review
  6. TSC meeting Report -
  7. New Business -
    • Proposed Agenda May WGM - discussed last call that not all WGs are held to same measures; this is on the agenda for the WGM (IMC). Freida asked if we want to provide WG updates at the WGM; can handle on a regular call, unless there is special topic that needs to be discussed. Also include approving project scope statements if applicable. If you have additional agenda items, please send to the list.
    • Board liaison reports; template at: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6225/8231/201104HL7BoardLiaisonRptTemplate.doc
      • Liaison reports due 4/25. Project Services and PIC have submitted their report. Andy cautioned Easter is in the intervening weeks.
    • Next call 4/21 is holiday for several; since this is last call before the WGM, will hold call. Melva and Lorraine will not be able to attend.
  8. Meeting Adjourned 2:53 pm