T3SD Concall-20140310

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


  • 2014 Board Liaisons - reminder elections at May 2014 at WGM
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: ?
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Diego Kaminker Education
Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
Patrick Loyd Education
Lorraine Constable Electronic Services
Ken McCaslin (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
Nat Wong Electronic Services
Jeff Brown Electronic Services
X Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
Regrets John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
Open Process Improvement
X Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
X Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Jane Daus (Board Liaison) Publishing
X Brian Pech Publishing
X Andy Stechishin Publishing
X Sandy Stuart Publishing
X Andy Stechishin (Board Liaison) Tooling
Michael Van der Zel Tooling
X Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
X Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call - completed
  2. Approve Agenda - add PSS from Education, Diego stated emailed March 7.
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes - Minutes for 2014-02-10 call still in process, will be ready for review next T3SD call
  4. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7982/11653/HL7_Project_Scope_Statement_v2013_-_v2_Workshop-AS.doc
      • PSS for V2 Tutorials reviewed; Andy stated Tooling may want to be a co-sponsor. Discussed Messaging Workbench, may be able to assist with this project but Diego did not want Education project to be tied to it. NIST is doing development for MU validation; Mayo also working on Messaging Workbench. Andy suggested T3SD approve, contingent on Tooling WG’s approval as co-sponsor. Tooling can review on their call this week. Motion by Diego to approve PSS, contingent on Tooling Co-Sponsor approval this week; motion seconded by Sandy. Abstain-0; Against-0; Motion carried unanimously.
      • Andy to forward PSS to Lynn, Freida. Lynn asked to add PSS to the Tooling agenda. FHIR Workshop is pending, but PSS will come from FHIR. Education WG is about to begin a new edition of HL7 Fundamentals 3/20; materials are being updated this week.
    • Electronic Services
      • Not on call.
    • International Mentoring
      • Regrets from John, not on call due to conflict. Diego reported no updates this call
    • Process Improvement
      • Sndy reported PIC has received inquiries re: potential co-chairs, may have candidates. Next call is scheduled 3/31, one candidate will join this call to discuss.
    • Project Services
      • Rick reported 2014 PSS template is pending approval by TSC, vote due 3/14. Dave also sent to the Co-chairs list. If there are additional changes, there may be ‘dot’ release. PS is wrapping up the SAIF pilot project, plan to wrap up May. Also working on deliverables not completed last cycle in this cycle.
    • Publishing
      • V2 - Brian reported Don Lloyd found a few technical discrepancies delaying V2.8 publication, but hopefully will be published this week. There are also three V2 cleanup projects pending: examples; errata V2.8 incorporate in V2.9; and ongoing Vocabulary Harmonization V2.x and V3.
      • V3 - Andy reported V3 Pubs is working on the next Ballot cycle opening. Also looking at how to move metadata into HingX.
    • Tooling
      • Andy reported Tooling continued with revisions to Strategy document to assure alignment with this year’s tactical objectives. Trying to set up webinars for Tooling Challenge, first one probably in April. Working on analysis of Education Priorities project; trying to move the project forward. Diego volunteered to help if/when needed.
    • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Planning for next connect-a-thon in Phoenix; proposed topics on FHIR wiki.
      • “Forge” tool developed allowing user to easily define a profile; externally developed, will be available for download in future. Hopefully it will be available by May WGM.
      • Hugh Glover resigned as co-chair FMG. Will be hosting election; David Hay has put his name forward. Brian Pech also plans to run.
      • FMG in process of vetting FAQs, eventually will be available on HL7 Help site and (future) knowledgebase (available as HL7 member benefit.
      • FGB in process of reorganizing, interviewing two candidates for FGB and/or FMG if they don’t fill slot on FMG.
    • Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Brian reported he has been unable to attend recent calls. Attempting to categorize product line/family using spreadsheet. Andy attended the last call representing ArB. Ken is trying to find someone else to facilitate the calls. Reviewed categorization Paul Knapp did; looking at commonly used, vs. delaying categorization of ‘outlier’ products.
  5. Project Review
  6. TSC meeting Report -
  7. New Business - None
  8. Meeting Adjourned 2:45 pm