Difference between revisions of "T3SD Concall-20131216"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 5: Line 5:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
|colspan="3" |'''Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting")  Met: '''?
+
|colspan="3" |'''Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting")  Met: '''Yes
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}
Line 70: Line 70:
 
=Meeting Admin=
 
=Meeting Admin=
 
# Roll Call  
 
# Roll Call  
# Approve Agenda -  
+
# Approve Agenda - Approved
 
# Approve Meeting Minutes -  
 
# Approve Meeting Minutes -  
 
#* 2013-12-02:  http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=T3SD_Concall-20131202
 
#* 2013-12-02:  http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=T3SD_Concall-20131202
 +
#** Motion to approve by Lorraine,  second by John:  Against: 0  ; Abstain;  0 Motion Carried
 
#* 2013-11-19:  http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=T3SD_Concall-20131119
 
#* 2013-11-19:  http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=T3SD_Concall-20131119
 +
#** Motion to approve by  Ken, second by Freida  Against: 0 ; Abstain;  Motion Carried
 
# Work Group Updates
 
# Work Group Updates
 
#* Education
 
#* Education
#**  
+
#** Regrets from Melva
 
#* Electronic Services
 
#* Electronic Services
#**  
+
#** Lorraine reported ES has met once since last call, completed first round of feedback on WG room scheduling evaluation; working on value proposition for contributing to ES to encourage participation, could be used by potential participants to explain value of participation to employer – less visible mapping to tie in to "day job".  PSS pending re: technical support for FHIR; Tooling and ES also involved.  Probably will be agenda item for January WGM; requirements are targeted for January; Loyd will be working on those.
 
#* International Mentoring
 
#* International Mentoring
#**
+
#** John reported participated in HL7 Policy Meeting in DC; between 40-50 participants, mix of government (NLM).  Ticia Gerber did great job setting up meeting and videotaping the conference.  She will be writing newsletter article, present to International Meeting, and expect a briefing at HL7 WGM morning session.  IMC presented re: their mission, affiliates, how standards are rolled out in new affiliates, etc. focusing on policy perspective. 
 
#* Process Improvement
 
#* Process Improvement
#**  
+
#** Not represented on the call; still looking for a new co-chair. 
 
#* Project Services
 
#* Project Services
#**
+
#** Working on 2014 PSS for January roll-out, prep for WGM, and providing input for WG scheduling.  Ken suggested PS add to PS.  Freely IP  not available to membership without license/"registration", but sometimes distributed on the WG list.  Because of change in membership/IP access process, should be more efficient in protecting IP.  May want to alter PSS to include that final products should not be available to non-members via list/wiki.  Ken hopes this issue can be resolved by education vs. infrastructure enforcement.  Lorraine commented this might affect GForge postings.  Andy commented Publishing uses GForge for V3 Publishing, has been locked down in past.  There are mechanisms but have not been worked out – want to use technical support vs. technical constraint.  Some WGs use wikis vs. GForge for document posting.  Also, can use "Documents" section of HL7.org and restrict to "Members Only" to restrict views. Ken commented we have not clearly defined what constitutes IP.  Protection is for 90 days (prior to general license availability)
 
#* Publishing
 
#* Publishing
#** V2 -
+
#** V2 - V2.8 QA checks discovered XML issues; TSC approved publishing V2.8 in 2013, then issue technical correction notice via errata, or an incremental release for XML cleanup.  V2.8.1 can be published after V2.8 is published.  Future project for V2 example clean up.  V2.9 proposals are still open, anticipate V2 work for next several cycles.  FHIR/Technical Support Tooling and ES- working on PSS to look at publishing support for FHIR publication – need to support at least three versions at any one time:  current ballot, prior ballot, development, connect-a-thon support.
#** V3 - Possible Work Group Health Measure - Late Ballot openings
+
#** V3 - Possible Work Group Health Measure - Late Ballot openings - V3 ballot opened December 13.  More requests for late ballot openings; suggestion made in Publishing to consider as a Work Group Health item.  Andy took action to discuss at SD, then propose to TSC.  This issue was also discussed at TSC; Lynn confirmed was referred to TRACK.  John commented on EHR/PHR experience, delayed but did not feel was cost effective, felt should "hold feet to the fire" to meet publication dates.  Andy commented co-chairs are responsible that ballot content represents what the WG approved for publication.  Lorraine summarized:  late openings are appropriate WG health metric, indicator of limited resources, late engagement by WG, etc. – whether avoidable or not, valid metric to watch.  Freida suggested might use WG metric to give visibility but not ding WG initially.  John suggested to track stats for a year but not decrement/ding a work group.  Andy was trying to get feedback from T3SD; plans to work with TRACK or champion with TSC as his next step.
 
#* Tooling
 
#* Tooling
#**  
+
#** Firming up plans for next year's Tooling Challenge; Andy to work with Lynn; needs to review FMG PSS.   
 
#* Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
 
#* Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
#**  
+
#** Discussed above/publishing PSS, waiting for input Paul Knapp.  Ballot not yet passed per the numbers; TSC deleted to FMG authority to approve posting to Ballot Desk Top.  Preparing for connect-a-thon at January WGM.  FHIR Governance Board has not met recently, anticipates change to include additional representation. 
 
#* Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
 
#* Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
#**
+
#** Lorraine attended last call; dependent on BAM process input on some items.  Discussed process of establishing V2 product family. 
# Project Review
+
# Project Review - defer
 
#*PBS Metrics at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=169 - (Updates posted March, July, November and at WGM)  
 
#*PBS Metrics at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=169 - (Updates posted March, July, November and at WGM)  
 
# TSC meeting Report -
 
# TSC meeting Report -
 
#* Published weekly to Co-Chairs list and in eNews.  Any questions?
 
#* Published weekly to Co-Chairs list and in eNews.  Any questions?
 
#** http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas
 
#** http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas
# New Business - GOC update T3SD Liaisons - http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7671/11152/GOCI1309005T3SD%20WG%20co-chairs_update.pdf
+
# New Business -  
# Meeting Adjourned <insert time>
+
#* GOC update T3SD Liaisons - http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7671/11152/GOCI1309005T3SD%20WG%20co-chairs_update.pdf.  GOC updated again after last T3SD proposed edits; Freida will send final to T3SD list (sent 12/16).
 +
#* Next call 1/6/2014; cancel calls 12/30 and 1/13.
 +
#* WGM agenda:  Regulary WG updates and project approval for ES project
 +
# Meeting Adjourned 3 pm

Latest revision as of 17:39, 6 January 2014

Back to Agendas and minutes

Attendees

  • 2012-2013 Board Liaisons - Congratulations new and returning Board Liaisons
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: Yes
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Diego Kaminker Education
Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
Patrick Loyd Education
X Lorraine Constable Electronic Services
X Ken McCaslin (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
Nat Wong Electronic Services
Jeff Brown Electronic Services
Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
X John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
Open Process Improvement
Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
Regrets Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Jane Daus (Board Liaison) Publishing
X Brian Pech Publishing
X Andy Stechishin Publishing
Sandy Stuart Publishing
X Andy Stechishin (Board Liaison) Tooling
Michael Van der Zel Tooling
X Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
X Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Agenda - Approved
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes -
  4. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • Regrets from Melva
    • Electronic Services
      • Lorraine reported ES has met once since last call, completed first round of feedback on WG room scheduling evaluation; working on value proposition for contributing to ES to encourage participation, could be used by potential participants to explain value of participation to employer – less visible mapping to tie in to "day job". PSS pending re: technical support for FHIR; Tooling and ES also involved. Probably will be agenda item for January WGM; requirements are targeted for January; Loyd will be working on those.
    • International Mentoring
      • John reported participated in HL7 Policy Meeting in DC; between 40-50 participants, mix of government (NLM). Ticia Gerber did great job setting up meeting and videotaping the conference. She will be writing newsletter article, present to International Meeting, and expect a briefing at HL7 WGM morning session. IMC presented re: their mission, affiliates, how standards are rolled out in new affiliates, etc. focusing on policy perspective.
    • Process Improvement
      • Not represented on the call; still looking for a new co-chair.
    • Project Services
      • Working on 2014 PSS for January roll-out, prep for WGM, and providing input for WG scheduling. Ken suggested PS add to PS. Freely IP not available to membership without license/"registration", but sometimes distributed on the WG list. Because of change in membership/IP access process, should be more efficient in protecting IP. May want to alter PSS to include that final products should not be available to non-members via list/wiki. Ken hopes this issue can be resolved by education vs. infrastructure enforcement. Lorraine commented this might affect GForge postings. Andy commented Publishing uses GForge for V3 Publishing, has been locked down in past. There are mechanisms but have not been worked out – want to use technical support vs. technical constraint. Some WGs use wikis vs. GForge for document posting. Also, can use "Documents" section of HL7.org and restrict to "Members Only" to restrict views. Ken commented we have not clearly defined what constitutes IP. Protection is for 90 days (prior to general license availability)
    • Publishing
      • V2 - V2.8 QA checks discovered XML issues; TSC approved publishing V2.8 in 2013, then issue technical correction notice via errata, or an incremental release for XML cleanup. V2.8.1 can be published after V2.8 is published. Future project for V2 example clean up. V2.9 proposals are still open, anticipate V2 work for next several cycles. FHIR/Technical Support Tooling and ES- working on PSS to look at publishing support for FHIR publication – need to support at least three versions at any one time: current ballot, prior ballot, development, connect-a-thon support.
      • V3 - Possible Work Group Health Measure - Late Ballot openings - V3 ballot opened December 13. More requests for late ballot openings; suggestion made in Publishing to consider as a Work Group Health item. Andy took action to discuss at SD, then propose to TSC. This issue was also discussed at TSC; Lynn confirmed was referred to TRACK. John commented on EHR/PHR experience, delayed but did not feel was cost effective, felt should "hold feet to the fire" to meet publication dates. Andy commented co-chairs are responsible that ballot content represents what the WG approved for publication. Lorraine summarized: late openings are appropriate WG health metric, indicator of limited resources, late engagement by WG, etc. – whether avoidable or not, valid metric to watch. Freida suggested might use WG metric to give visibility but not ding WG initially. John suggested to track stats for a year but not decrement/ding a work group. Andy was trying to get feedback from T3SD; plans to work with TRACK or champion with TSC as his next step.
    • Tooling
      • Firming up plans for next year's Tooling Challenge; Andy to work with Lynn; needs to review FMG PSS.
    • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Discussed above/publishing PSS, waiting for input Paul Knapp. Ballot not yet passed per the numbers; TSC deleted to FMG authority to approve posting to Ballot Desk Top. Preparing for connect-a-thon at January WGM. FHIR Governance Board has not met recently, anticipates change to include additional representation.
    • Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Lorraine attended last call; dependent on BAM process input on some items. Discussed process of establishing V2 product family.
  5. Project Review - defer
  6. TSC meeting Report -
  7. New Business -
  8. Meeting Adjourned 3 pm