Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2012-2013 Board Liaisons - Congratulations new and returning Board Liaisons
|Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: ?|
|X||Andy Stechishin||HL7 T3SD Co-Chair|
|X||Freida Hall||HL7 T3SD Co-Chair|
|Melva Peters (Board Liaison)||Education|
|Lorraine Constable||Electronic Services|
|X||Ken McCaslin (Board Liaison)||Electronic Services|
|Nat Wong||Electronic Services|
|Diego Kaminker||International Mentoring|
|X||John Ritter (Board Liaison)||International Mentoring|
|Regrets||Rita Scichilone||Process Improvement|
|Regrets||Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison)||Process Improvement|
|X||Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison)||Project Services|
|X||Freida Hall||Project Services|
|Jane Daus (Board Liaison)||Publishing|
|X||Andy Stechishin (Board Liaison)||Tooling|
|Michael Van der Zel||Tooling|
|X||Dave Hamill (non voting)||HL7 PMO Office|
|X||Lynn Laakso (guest)||TSC Project Manager|
- Roll Call
- Approve Agenda - No additional items
- Approve Meeting Minutes -
- Motion to approve by Freida, second by Melva. Against-0; Abstain-0; Motion carried unanimously.
- Work Group Updates
- Education talked to Tooling regarding an outreach project to post-secondary institutions to engage them for tooling initiatives and education initiatives. A project scope statement is pending from Education WG as co-sponsor with Tooling. Online certification is up and running and has received some registrations. Candidate can go to facility to take the test, or if meet requirements, can certify remotely, for example must have functional webcam. The Education portal is “live” but will be officially announced in Cambridge. Content is filtered by member/non-member; stay tuned for more info. eLearning is in process, the international edition is on unit 2. There are 5 registrants from Africa this session.
- Electronic Services
- Josh Carmody is leaving HL7, which will impact ES projects. It will delay the WGM Room Assignment project and TSC project to expand functionality of DSTU tracker to include Informative and Normative projects. Ken reported ES has a project facilitator for the TSC project. Hopefully Josh’s replacement will be in place by the WGM or shortly thereafter. ES has a call today will be reviewing/rescheduling ES projects.
- International Mentoring
- Some items in process but not ready to report yet, probably next call.
- Process Improvement
- Regrets from Sandy and Rita; not able to attend today’s call
- Project Services
- Special meeting to clarify stakeholder roles (interested parties vs. co-sponsor) and clarify requirements for co-sponsoring work groups. Discussed PSS changes (for 2014). Discussed governance, management, and methodology “checkpoints”. PSS is good for project initiation but not so much for governance, but project approval and NIB may provide governance points. Andy commented Publishing is using NIB and Request to Publish as governance points.
- V2 - Regrets from Brian.
- V3 - Question from John Ritter to Publishing re: making changes to the V3 Ballot Spreadsheet. Don manages the ballot desktop but the ballot spreadsheet is not directly assigned. Andy has action item to ask PIC if they want to accept responsibility. TSC could have oversight but prefer PIC manage tracking changes as official “owner”. Freida commented that PIC owned the ballot spreadsheet in years past; PIC had a Ballot Task Force. Andy will be contacting PIC re: maintaining the V3 ballot spreadsheet. John Ritter is available to describe changes he is requesting but Andy commented firs need to secure ownership first. There are two spreadsheets: 1) EHR 2) V2/V3 combined. The macros supporting amalgamating spreadsheets are “fragile”, cannot change column titles or the macro won’t work.
- Tooling/Education – first cut PSS being revised, to be approved by Tooling, then to Education to determine if they have any edits. Andy unable to attend last Tooling call but not aware of other issues.
- Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
- Regrets from Brian.
- Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
- Regrets from Brian.
- Project Review
- PBS Metrics at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=169 - (Updates posted March, July, November and at WGM)
- Reminder to submit your updates as soon as possible; project health/PBS metrics will be updated prior to WG, Dave commented will be updating in the next couple of weeks.
- TSC meeting Report -
- Published weekly to Co-Chairs list and in eNews. Any questions?
- On today’s call, TSC discussed issues with CDS projects, some with items moving to ballot without updating PSS when scope expanded or co-sponsoring WGs not informed of content moving to ballot. External drivers may present additional challenges. Task force created to review content and US Realm. Resulting recommendations will impact Project Scope Statement (2014) and probably project approval, and other governance points, such as the NIB and Request for Publication. Board task force to discuss user groups being formed
- New Business -
- Board liaison report due September 13; send to Karen Van and cc: Andy and Freida – or may also send to the T3SD list.
- Meeting Adjourned 2:31 pm