T3SD ConCall-20130812

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 21:20, 12 August 2013 by Andy stechishin (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


  • 2012-2013 Board Liaisons - Congratulations new and returning Board Liaisons
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: ?
Attendee Name Affiliation
× Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
× Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Diego Kaminker Education
Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
× Patrick Loyd Education
Lorraine Constable Electronic Services
× Ken McCaslin (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
Nat Wong Electronic Services
Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
× John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
Rita Scichilone Process Improvement
Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
× Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
× Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Jane Daus (Board Liaison) Publishing
× Brian Pech Publishing
× Andy Stechishin Publishing
Sandy Stuart Publishing
× Andy Stechishin (Board Liaison) Tooling
Michael Van der Zel Tooling
× Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
× Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Agenda -
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes -
  4. Administrivia
    • SWOT -
      • Review/update draft 2013 T3SD SWOT: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7438/10714/T3SD_SWOT2013%20draft.doc
      • Revised with edits from Rick Haddorff: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7463/10798/T3SD_SWOT2013%20draft%202.doc
      • Notes from Rick: I added a bullet item to the end of the threats section. I also combined two items mentioning "poor communications" into one item in order to keep it to one page. Suggestions on better wording are welcomed. We can review at the next T3SD call.
      • (from 7/29 minutes) Motion to approve by John, seconded by Melva. Freida suggested friendly amendment to insert “such as” and remove open parenthesis for incomplete bullet under Opportunities. John and Melva accepted. Rick asked if we want to add a weakness/threat re: the make up of our SD being different, we have different deliverables/focus than other WGs. John commented he had similar concern T3SD discussed previously but concluded this is the best we can do currently. Andy commented T3SD is comprised of “support” groups within HL7, supporting activities within HL7; we have less of a common purpose than other SD Work Groups. It’s more difficult to find the commonality between us. Andy felt it’s more of a threat than a weakness. Rick made a motion to add as threat; John and Melva accepted the friendly amendment. Rick will work on wording of the item to add; table motion to approve until the next call; Rick will provide proposed text for the revision.
      • Motion: Accept the SWOT sent by Rick with the small wording changes discussed on the call Rick/John unanimous
  5. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • Go live with the Education Portal
      • Does not use the same sign-on as the HL7 site
    • Electronic Services
    • International Mentoring
      • No report at this time
    • Process Improvement
      • Not on call
    • Project Services
      • Have a request to help find project facilitator for ES
      • Worked on agenda for September
    • Publishing
      • V2 - V2.8 now has everything except Chapter 3 is essentially accounted for
      • V3 - Ballot opened, Andy spoke about co-chair sign-off requirement prior to ballot opening and that it will be discussed on the next call
    • Tooling
      • Judges selected a winner for the Tooling Challenge, will formalize and be announced at WGM in Cambridge on the Wednesday
      • Looking for a suitable topic for the next Tooling Challenge (the challenge is supposed to run yearly)
    • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • DSTU is on track, version meant to be voted on is available on Wiki
      • Jean Duteau has resigned from FMG due to over-commitment, TSC has asked FMG to recommend a replacement
    • Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Had a call with a small select group of individuals
      • Discussed separate Governance, Management groups as per SAIF and the impact this would have on the Work Groups
  6. Project Review
  7. TSC meeting Report -
  8. New Business -
  9. Meeting Adjourned 2:39 Eastern