T3SD ConCall-20130729

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Bold text Back to Agendas and minutes


  • 2012-2013 Board Liaisons - Congratulations new and returning Board Liaisons
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: ?
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Diego Kaminker Education
X Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
Patrick Loyd Education
Lorraine Constable Electronic Services
X Ken McCaslin (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
Nat Wong Electronic Services
Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
X John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
X Rita Scichilone Process Improvement
Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
X Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Jane Daus (Board Liaison) Publishing
Regrets Brian Pech Publishing
X Andy Stechishin Publishing
Sandy Stuart Publishing
X Andy Stechishin (Board Liaison) Tooling
Michael Van der Zel Tooling
X Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
X Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Agenda - Approved as published
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes -
    • July 15 - Motion to approve by Freida, not seconded and withdrawn. Defer approval to next meeting to allow more time to review.
  4. Administrivia
    • Project Review
      • PBS Metrics at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=169 - Dave issued update. Cut off for Steering Division to cast vote for SD Co-Chair is July 31; all but PIC have voted. The PBS Metrics was run early July but some items are calculated based on today’s date. Helpful Hints tab provides explanation of calculations. If you have recently updated Project Insight, it’s not reflected, however this is preliminary to prep for the WGM. Work Groups are encouraged to review their items and update items prior to the WGM. Contact Lynn or Dave if you have questions.
    • DMP
    • SWOT -
      • Review/update draft 2013 T3SD SWOT: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7438/10714/T3SD_SWOT2013%20draft.doc. Motion to approve by John, seconded by Melva. Freida suggested friendly amendment to insert “such as” and remove open parenthesis for incomplete bullet under Opportunities. John and Melva accepted. Rick asked if we want to add a weakness/threat re: the make up of our SD being different, we have different deliverables/focus than other WGs. John commented he had similar concern T3SD discussed previously but concluded this is the best we can do currently. Andy commented T3SD is comprised of “support” groups within HL7, supporting activities within HL7; we have less of a common purpose than other SD Work Groups. It’s more difficult to find the commonality between us. Andy felt it’s more of a threat than a weakness. Rick made a motion to add as threat; John and Melva accepted the friendly amendment. Rick will work on wording of the item to add; table motion to approve until the next call. Action ITem: Rick will provide proposed text for the revision.
  5. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • No update this call; have had to cancel calls recently due to lack of quorum/availability of co-chairs. Meeting scheduled Wednesday this week.
    • Electronic Services
      • Ken reported ES is meeting today to discuss a project the TSC referred to ES to expand functionality to expand DSTU for comments; to replace other means to track change requests/comments. Andy, Freida, Austin, Brett, and Bob Dolin were invited to attend the call to comment; Ken stated we need to complete/update the DSTU submittal process prior to rolling out as replacement. ES hopes to have something to deliver at the September WGM re: Work Group Meeting Room Assignments. Theirs is also an issue with Conference Call scheduling, dealing with cancellations pending further investigation.
    • International Mentoring
      • John reported the IMC is concerned with the difficulty inviting attendees from countries having unfriendly relationship with the host country as discussed on the last call. Nonetheless, someone from Libya wants to attend the September WGM, is working on their paperwork now and it appears it will work out for them to attend.
    • Process Improvement
      • Rita reported PIC is meeting today at 2:30 pm (eastern). PIC met in April and reviewed their SWOT and discussed Peer Review Comment reconciliation. PIC also reviewed FTA comments from the Phoenix WGM; the lack of Remote capability is a growing concern. PIC also discussed why the Atlanta WGM was low on attendance, including: conflicting meetings, not optimal location, typical to have less attendees at May meeting.
    • Project Services
      • Rick reported PS had query from RCRIM a couple of years ago; they were trying to determine how to stage their project scope statements, e.g. should they have one large project or several smaller more manageable projects. PS Met with RCRIM to get their feedback after the fact; they felt multiple smaller projects were preferable than one “umbrella” or “master” project with subordinate “sub-projects”.
    • Publishing
      • V2 - no updates.
      • V3 - Current ballot cycle moving forward; final content due next week, ballot opens August12th.
    • Tooling
      • Challenge closed; three formal submissions received and the evaluation team is determining how to look at the submissions. The plan is to present the winner at the September Working Group Meeting (WGM) Tuesday morning General Session. Hopefully the winner will be decided in advance in order to have the winning submitter attend the WGM to receive their prize.
    • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Regrets from Brian.
    • Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Regrets from Brian.
  6. TSC meeting Report -
    • Published weekly to Co-Chairs list and in eNews. Any questions?
      • http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas
      • Freida reported today’s call dealt primarily with administrative items such as out of cycle ballots, tardy ballot reconciliations, (next cycle) ballots, etc. The ARB has updated their mission/charter. Andy reported there was also discussion of Clinical Decision Support (CDS) projects dealing with Implementable Technology Specifications (ITS) but not including the ITS Work Group as collaborators and co-sponsors.
  7. New Business -
    • Agenda September WGM
  8. Meeting Adjourned <insert time>