Difference between revisions of "T3SD ConCall-20120924"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 76: Line 76:
# Roll Call  
# Roll Call  
#* Are there updates to WG Co-Chair attendee list from WGM elections?
#* Are there updates to WG Co-Chair attendee list from WGM elections?
#**Electronic Services adding a new position, currently open.  Tooling addMichael Van der Zel; remove Tim Ireland.
#**Electronic Services adding a new position, currently open.  Tooling add Michael Van der Zel; remove Tim Ireland.
# Approve Agenda -  
# Approve Agenda -  
# Approve Meeting Minutes -  
# Approve Meeting Minutes -  

Latest revision as of 16:37, 8 October 2012

Back to Agendas and minutes


  • 2012-2013 Board Liaisons - Congratulations new and returning Board Liaisons
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: Yes
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Diego Kaminker Education
Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
X Patrick Loyd Education
Bill Braithwaite Electronic Services
X Lorraine Constable (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
X Ken McCaslin Electronic Services
Open Position Electronic Services
Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
X John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
Rita Scichilone Process Improvement
Regrets Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
X Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
X Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Publishing
Jane Daus Publishing
X Brian Pech Publishing
X Andy Stechishin Publishing
Regrets Sandy Stuart Publishing
X Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Tooling
X Andy Stechishin Tooling
Michael Van der Zel Tooling
X Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
X Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
    • Are there updates to WG Co-Chair attendee list from WGM elections?
      • Electronic Services adding a new position, currently open. Tooling add Michael Van der Zel; remove Tim Ireland.
  2. Approve Agenda -
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes -
  4. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • Education is moving forward on projects. eLearning courses are occurring all over the world; they are phenomenally successful and will be ongoing. Discussed at the Baltimore WGM, as HL7 moves to new membership models with free IP license, HQ is looking to Education to increase revenue. Tutorials at WGM are usually restricted by the # of rooms; Education asked Mary Ann to work with Lillian to get additional space, which will be available at the Phoenix WGM. Education is working now to fill extra classes/space. Education is also now working with the new Education Director, Sharon Chaplock. Jane asked if there are discussions re: expanding eLearning, e.g. making coursework available with more depth or additional topics. That is the goal, Education intends to expand. Tooling has received request for “self-service” and “self-test” learning. Patrick stated education is working on webinars, including one for balloting now. Tooling/Education may want to schedule a joint meeting in Phoenix; Action: Patrick will contact Melva re: scheduling, probably would not take entire quarter but needs coordination, else will schedule a joint conference call.
    • Electronic Services
      • Approved additional co-chair, currently an open position. Met with Pubs and Education at the WGM re: ballot tutorial; plan for alpha tutorial at January WGM, general availability in May. Will be “self-serve” webinar with three module set. The tutorial may offer “test” guideline to advance to next module, will advise to repeat module or advance to next item. Questionnaire for co-chairs for October being readied. Scratch pad project is still on hold. Dashboard initiatives waiting on input from TSC. NLM tool for Vocab changes had meeting with Vocab WG working on Project Scope Statement; ES and Tooling are supposed be co-sponsors this project
    • International Mentoring
      • The IMC believes that it would be good if a Standards Collaborative Organization is established in Africa (or perhaps in three regional areas: East Africa, Southern Africa, and West Africa). HL7 would be a member of such a collaborative – along with other HIT-related SDOs. The collaborative would promote capacity-building in Africa as a means of creating long-term approaches to HIT-related requirements. Jane Curry agreed that the SCO approach can be a more effective approach than an attempt to simply create a set of standalone HL7 Affiliates in Africa.
        • The IMC needs to learn how to mentor the creation of SCOs; the IMC intends to submit a (corresponding) Project Scope Statement, accordingly.
        • Ron Parker (Canada) expressed willingness to help the IMC understand how to help create Standards Collaborative Organizations.
        • Patrick Lloyd mentioned that he was also willing to offer the some experiences (from the Canadian perspective).
        • The IMC intends to target those people/organizations who are already involved in existing (synergistic) efforts in Africa
    • Process Improvement
      • Sandy sent regrets and Rita was not on the call. Ken reported on the mentoring program at the September WGM. FTA networked faster than usual, had all three prizes by lunch Monday. Patrick commented mentor ribbons are harder to spot; we may want to change colors. Mentors were at FTA lunch and easier to spot; maybe don’t want to award prizes during FTA lunch sessions. Jane suggested encouraging regional initiatives.
    • Project Services
      • Dr. Phillip Scott (HL7 UK) teaches Project Management in IT, proposed topic “PM review in Volunteer Organization” for potential selection by one of his students. Ateeb Chaudhry selected this project; will dialogue with Project Services, review literature, and may do a survey.
    • Publishing
      • Approve Mission/Charter at: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6969/9667/PublishingCharter.docx. Reviewed; primary change is the addition of FHIR and other minor updates. Motion to approve; Brian, second, Freida. Against -0; Abstain – 0; Motion carried
      • V2 - Andy and Brian working on proposal to tooling to look at upgrading V2 publishing process from current Microsoft/Office 2003 based process. Re: V2.8, currently assessing whether there are any major negatives that would impede publication; none known.
      • V3 - Andy reported ballot/IGs went through; there were comments due to issues with access to preview site but these have been addressed.
    • Tooling
      • Jane reported the Tooling Strategy is supposed to be completed sooner than can be accomplished but Tooling will try to meet. John Quinn is responsible from Board perspective. Graham drafted, John Updated, and Tooling reviewed at the WGM. A more formal cost-benefit analysis under discussion. The Tooling Challenge was announced; already have one responder. Tooling will be supporting this initiative, assist with webinar, etc.
  5. Project Review
  6. TSC meeting Report -
    • Published weekly to Co-Chairs list and in eNews. Any questions?
    • http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas
    • Andy reported the TSC has a long discussion re: ramifications of backward compatibility. “Wire Format” “BC” is under discussion; it’s unclear what “BC” (backwards compatibility) means, needs to be defined. This has ramifications for WGs in this SD, may impact Publishing, ITS. This may have stemmed from data types discussions. In V3 you can’t do the same as V2, e.g. can’t turn back time and change design principals V3.
  7. New Business - None.
    • Meeting Adjourned 2:41 pm