T3SD ConCall-20090205

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 19:05, 5 February 2009 by Hstevens (talk | contribs) (→‎Minutes)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


Every other Thursday Beginning 5 February, at 1:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time:
Click for GoToMeeting (ID:647-296-076) Support
Use HL7 Conference Call service
Phone Number: 770-657-9270
Participant Passcode: 226122#


  1. Meeting Admin
    1. Roll Call
      • Jane Curry, Dave Hamill, Abdul Malik Shakir, Woody Beeler, Helen Stevens Love (Chair/Scribe), Ken McCaslin
    2. Accept Agenda
    3. Approve meeting minutes from WGM
      • defer - Helen to check when/if sent out.
  2. Reports
    1. TSC meeting Report (Helen)
      • Main focus on the SAEF rollout project planning and TSC organizational issues.
      • Other approvals of scope/ project request.
    2. ArB Update (Jane)
      • ArB has been updating aspects of the SAEF document. Split the document into chapters that can be authored and managed separately. Chapters include Introduction, Conformance Layers, Governance and Behavioral Framework. Current focus is on the Conformance Layers chapter - work is being coordinated with OHT architecture group. Information is available on ArB and OHT wikis.
    3. Editorial Review Board update (Dick/Ginny)
      • This project seems to be lost - the Editors are still working with Publishing, M&M etc. There has been no activity and Ginny reported at the WGM that there has been no meetings/engagement for her to report.
      • ACTION Helen/Ken to take back to TSC to determine status/role of this group and alignment with other activities. Do we really need this?
  3. Updates from WG regarding Kyoto meeting -
    • Tooling has scaled back (2 Q, not 4) primary focus on orientation on work in progress. Will have quorum (just).
    • Education will have quorum and business as usual.
    • Publishing will have quorum and has meeting scheduled.
    • Project Services ?
    • PMO?
    • PIC?
    • ACTION Helen to follow up with other SD committees.
  4. Update on Project Scope statement (Dave/Freida)
    • V2009 has been published based on approval in Orlando.
    • Still issues with list of Products - Woody noted that "Data Types" is not listed as a product. Needs to be revised or better - removed from form.
    • This is already on the table with the TSC.
  5. Update regarding ARB position on backward compatibility (AMS)
    • Project scope statement wants to have indicator of backward compatibility - needs to be yes/no/unknown because in some cases there is controversy over what breaks backward compatibility.
    • Woody: Question should not be 'backward compatible' it should be 'plausible'... need to identify those projects that know going in that they won't be backwardly compatible. S
    • Some projects start expecting/hoping to be backward compatible, but don't always stay to this when completing the work.
    • This is the ArB's responsibility, but not currently being worked on due to focus on the SAEF.
    • ACTION Dave to coordinate with AMS on change to the project scope statement.
  6. Update from ES Regarding co-chair elections (Ken)
    • Defer to next meeting.
  7. Roadmap Update (Ken)
    • Defer to next meeting.
  8. Should revised Project Scope Statements go through SD/TSC approval? (Project Services WG GForge Tracker 880)(Dave)
    • Ken: Yes - because still need to verify that changes to scope need to support our strategic objectives at HL7.
    • AMS: Agreed. But will that lead to committees choosing to not revise their project scope statement, but still changing their project execution.
    • Helen: Is there any check when content is balloted to verify that it is aligned with scope statement. Dave: There is a check that the project exists - but not sure how much Don checks if the content is aligned with project scope.
    • Jane: Could be caught in balloting as valid negative if content is not aligned to scope statement.
    • Woody: Publishing will react to any report of inconsistency, but can't take on the validation role.
    • ACTION Helen/Ken to take to TSC that SD supports that changes should be brought to TSC/SD.
  9. Tooling Inventory duplication between Tooling and ES. (Jane)
    • Which group has responsibility for which documents?
    • Defer to next meeting due to lack of time. Reserve 15 minutes on next SD Call.
    • Will continue dialogue on the list serve in the interim.
  10. Education Committee - considering e-learning as a separate group (AMS)
    • e-Learning was run by marketing and has been transferred to Education. But these resources want to be their own workgroup. AMS not sure on the criteria for a different workgroup needed?
    • The e-Learning group is working on justification of why this should be a separate workgroup.
    • Woody: Primary criteria is that there is no overlap of responsibility.
    • AMS: Has recommended that this be a project in Education with a co-chair that is primarily responsible for that project.
    • General consensus in SD that this does NOT look like this would justify a separate workgroup; but await further input from the Education committee on further justification. Encourage e-learning to come to SD call on Feb 19th to discuss further.
  11. Recommended strategies from Publishing to go to TSC (Woody)
    • Refer to email sent - defer to next meeting due to lack of time.
  12. Access to SD Wiki (AMS)
    • AMS Why is the SD wiki so hard to find?
    • Ken - will be linked from the Workgroup HL7.org website.
    • ACTION Woody will add link from main HL7 wiki. (Done during call).