T3SD ConCall-20081211

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 18:20, 11 December 2008 by Hstevens (talk | contribs) (→‎Agenda)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


Every other Thursday, beginning 2 October 2008 at 1:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time:
Click for GoToMeeting (ID:647-296-076) Support
Use HL7 Conference Call service
Phone Number: 770-657-9270
Participant Passcode: 226122#


  1. Meeting Admin
    1. Roll Call
      • Woody, Ken, John Q, Frieda, Dave, Helen - No Quorum
  2. TSC meeting Report - Helen/Woody
    • Discussion on the subject of the role of the DAM and if a DAM can/should be a ballotable artefact in of itself. Is a useful tool for business/clinical engagement - but if there is no clear track to move to include in a standard then it is a valid work item? How can this be managed?
    • Discussion on how DAMs are reflected as a Product - Marketing has establihed the list of the Products and may be responsible for maintining this. But we don't have a formal Product mangement role/group.
    • ACTION Frieda to take action item to reach out to Marketing to determine if there needs to be a change to the Scope statement for January.
  3. ArB Update - Abdul-Malik/Jane
    • AMS/Jane not on call.
  4. Tooling Update - Jane
    • Tooling tactical plan advancing and has been distributed in Draft. Will be formally given to John in next couple of days.
    • Consequence of last week's discusisons, had c-call with NSCEE that supports G-Forge. They are not seeking to 'get rid of HL7' but are having funding crunch and we are working with them to continue the service. Need to better define our relationship with them and establish an MOU for going forward. Other option through Collab-net, but won't need to make conversion until Mid-March - so time to make decision.
  5. Publishing
    • Publishing is starting work on next Normative Edition.

  1. Annoucements
    1. None at this time
  2. SD SWOT [1]
    1. Proposed Strategy [2]
      1. Items highlighted in green are have the potential to impact the group
      2. Items with red lettering is new veribage to make the item belong to SD
    2. Next steps
  3. Update on Educations SWOT and Work Plan - Abdul-Malik/Mike
  4. Decision Making Practices - Ken
  5. Review TSC Tasklist
  6. (10 min) New Business


  • TBD

Meeting Minutes