Difference between revisions of "T3SD ConCall-20081211"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 55: Line 55:
 
##* '''ACTION''' Ken to distribute the current draft agenda.  All members hsould submit new agenda items and feedback to Ken before Jan 7th.  Next conference call on '''January 8th''' - to finalize the WGM Agenda.
 
##* '''ACTION''' Ken to distribute the current draft agenda.  All members hsould submit new agenda items and feedback to Ken before Jan 7th.  Next conference call on '''January 8th''' - to finalize the WGM Agenda.
 
##* Frieda: Need to determine appropriate home for the "Involvement Task Force".  Add to WGM Agenda.
 
##* Frieda: Need to determine appropriate home for the "Involvement Task Force".  Add to WGM Agenda.
 
 
 
=Meeting Minutes =
 

Revision as of 19:05, 11 December 2008

Back to Agendas and minutes

Logistics

Every other Thursday, beginning 2 October 2008 at 1:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time:
Click for GoToMeeting (ID:647-296-076) Support
Use HL7 Conference Call service
Phone Number: 770-657-9270
Participant Passcode: 226122#

Agenda

  1. Meeting Admin
    1. Roll Call
      • Woody, Ken, John Q, Frieda, Dave, Helen - No Quorum
  2. TSC meeting Report - Helen/Woody
    • Discussion on the subject of the role of the DAM and if a DAM can/should be a ballot-able artifact in of itself. Is a useful tool for business/clinical engagement - but if there is no clear track to move to include in a standard then it is a valid work item? How can this be managed?
    • Discussion on how DAMs are reflected as a Product - Marketing has established the list of the Products and may be responsible for maintaining this. But we don't have a formal Product management role/group.
    • ACTION Frieda to take action item to reach out to Marketing to determine if there needs to be a change to the Scope statement for January.
  3. ArB Update - Abdul-Malik/Jane
    • AMS/Jane not on call.
    • ARB has developed a formal deck for use/distribution at the January WGM. The TSC will determine the next step for adoption of the SAEAF activity.
  4. Tooling Update - Jane
    • Tooling tactical plan advancing and has been distributed in Draft. Will be formally given to John in next couple of days.
    • Consequence of last week's discussions, had c-call with NSCEE that supports G-Forge. They are not seeking to 'get rid of HL7' but are having funding crunch and we are working with them to continue the service. Need to better define our relationship with them and establish an MOU for going forward. Other option through Collab-net, but won't need to make conversion until Mid-March - so time to make decision.
    • Need to discuss the agenda for the joint meeting at the WGM to discuss the shared tooling (Tooling, Project Services, ES). Assumption was that Tooling (Jane) would be chairing the meeting and will develop the agenda as part of their WGM agenda planning.
    • ACTION Freida, to confirm with Wilfred that tooling is chairing the joint meeting and distribute agenda.
  5. Publishing
    • Publishing is starting work on next Normative Edition.
  6. Announcements
    • Woody: Grahame Grieve (for INM) sent question regarding a ballot to revise shared messages - included both new material and existing Normative information for completeness). One ballot voter responded against existing Normative messages that were included in the ballot but were not part of the balloting content. Committee found vote out of scope / non-persuasive, voter refused to withdraw, committee re-balloted (recirculation ballot) to confirm that it was out of scope (they were told to do this, but not sure who by) and it came back in favor of the voter.
      • Committee may have been remiss in not clearly identifying material that was subject to comment in the original ballot.
      • John: Feels that it should have just been out of scope initially and not have had the recirculation ballot.
      • Now that it has been re-balloted - then committee may be tied to the results of the recirculation. What is the ramifications now?
      • ACTION Woody to do further research and forward to John Q.
    • Ken: Reminder about the use of Icons on the meeting agendas. Frieda: HQ is establishing a formal template for agendas that will incorporate the icons.
  7. SD SWOT [1]
    • Proposed Strategy [2]
      • Roadmap task force is changing roadmap to be based on Trimesters (not Quarterly) in next version.
      • Items highlighted in green are have the potential to impact the group
      • Items with red lettering is new verbiage to make the item belong to SD
      • Need to ensure that any items on the HL7 Roadmap that affect this SD's committees that they are included on our SD Proposed Strategy worksheet. Are there any line items that do not belong?
        • Roadmap ID 8: Should be EHR - not our SD. Does not really especially impact Publishing. Remove.
        • Roadmap ID 15/17/32/34: Not specific to our SD - they are stuff everyone should be aware of. Remove.
        • Roadmap ID 43: Should be ARB, may impact Project Services. Remove.
    • Next steps
      • Lynn is expecting to find that the Strategic Plan and Task Lists are aligned. This is partially because the Task List is still being developed.
      • Ken to update the Strategy worksheet as per above. Further work will be on the agenda.
  8. Update on Educations SWOT and Work Plan - Abdul-Malik/Mike
    • AMS/Mike not on call - discussion deferred.
  9. Decision Making Practices - Ken
    • Deferred
  10. Review TSC Tasklist
    • Deferred
  11. New Business
    1. Agenda for WGM
      • ACTION Ken to distribute the current draft agenda. All members hsould submit new agenda items and feedback to Ken before Jan 7th. Next conference call on January 8th - to finalize the WGM Agenda.
      • Frieda: Need to determine appropriate home for the "Involvement Task Force". Add to WGM Agenda.