Difference between revisions of "T3SD ConCall-20081016"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 66: Line 66:
=Meeting Minutes =

Revision as of 19:56, 16 October 2008

Back to Agendas and minutes


Every other Thursday, beginning 2 October 2008 at 1:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time:
Click for GoToMeeting (ID:647-296-076) Support
Use HL7 Conference Call service
Phone Number: 770-657-9270
Participant Passcode: 226122#


  1. (5 min) Meeting Admin
    1. Roll Call
      • Members: AMS, June Rosploch, Dave Hamil, Helen Stevens Love (Scribe), Ken McKaslin (chair)
      • Guests: Mike Kingery
    2. Accept Agenda
      • Reviewed and adjusted as below.
  2. Standing Reports
    1. TSC meeting Report - Helen/Ken
      • Discussion SAEAF document "Services Aware Enterprise Architecture Framework" has been main topic of TSC meetings. Charlie is keen to move ahead with the “Architecture Implementation Project” and is working to engage a Project Manager to work with the TSC Analyst to move this forward. Co-funding of the PM is being negotiated with some member organizations.
      • Ken - TSC approved "Identify Workgroups Document Location" project this week (see item with Mike below).
    2. ArB Update - AMS
      • Work is to try to formalize the SAEAF document. Document was distributed during the Vancouver WGM and the SOA Work Group did a peer review. Peer review identified that behavioral section was most lacking. John Kush and Allan Honey have co-authored document on behavioral framework that was distributed to ArB and will be subject of next week's 'virtual' meeting.
      • Face-2-Face meeting scheduled in Washington DC Nov 12-14 (aligned with HL7 Harmonization meeting). Agenda is to discuss SAEAF in entirety. Hoping to have some M&M people who can stay from harmonization meeting - they want more representation.
      • SAEAF document is on the ARB Wiki (wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=saeaf_document)
    3. Tooling Update - Ken
      • Ken provided update since Jane could not attend.
      • Jane confirms joint meeting with ES, Product Services and Tooling at the next WGM has been scheduled.
      • Requirements Catalogue will be ready for review end of November - Jane recommends we use the a Wiki to have off-line discussions in the interim.
        • Action:' Ken to update these minutes with the correct Wiki and URL as well as determine who is leading/setting-up the discussion.
  3. Consolidating all the work group areas - Mike Kingery
    • Mike Kingery is the web-master for HL7 and works with the ES committee. He is working on TSC request to post links to all documents, minutes etc to the HL7 Website pages. Currently all the WG pages are distributed as they were created ad-hoc so Mike has been working on consolidating pages to allow for support. Mike needs volunteer Working Groups to test the implementation of the new WG Pages. Ken sent request to SD for volunteers - focus is on this SD because Electronic Services is in this SD.
      • AMS: what is implication of being in test?
        • A: Basically, to do quality assurance on the WG material as it is moved and to test the update processes and tools and work with Mike if there are any bugs (e.g. ability to upload documents). There is no jeopardy of loosing content.
      • June volunteers PIC, but concern that PIC is not dynamic enough to be a good test.
      • Ken volunteers Electronic Services.
      • AMS wants to focus on existing backlog of administration activities for Education, so does not want to volunteer Education at this time.
      • Action: Ken to ask Frieda for Product Services and Woody/Klaus/Jane/Dick for Publishing.
      • Action: Ken to add "Agenda" to the spreadsheet that will be sent out to identify the location of artifacts.
  4. Review of projects that require approval
    • None to review
  5. Review PIC SWOT and strategic plans
    1. PIC SWOT Word document
      • Helen suggested that the Domain Project demands taking participant bandwidth is a Thread, not a weakness.
      • Ken suggested "Enhance co-chair handbook" is goal, not opportunity.
      • Helen suggest adding opportunity "Leverage TSC pressure for co-chairs to undergo training"
    2. PIC Work Plan
      • Ken -suggest having both start and projected completion date. June clarified, that the x indicated both Start and end dates - i.e that the start is at WGM and end is at next WGM, so work occurs during entire quarter. Suggest that the start/end dates be clarified by adding a row indicating the working groups when work starts and ends.
      • Field A7 - change "start" to "Content development"
    • Motion: Approved subject to changes discussed.
    • Action: June to update and send to Ken for distribution.
  6. Review Education SWOT and strategic plans
    • Deferred to next week.
  7. SD SWOT
    • Distributed to list on Oct 16th by Ken
    • Ken has taking the SWOT from each of the working groups and pulled into a single document and then highlighted the common points.
    • Action: All to review document and provide comments to Ken regarding the SD general SWOTs at the end of the document - but also the Goals, which are designed to address and mitigate the identified Threats.
  8. Decision making practices - Using template to make proposed adjustments to support eVote.
    • Deferred to next week.
  9. TSC assigned task review
    • Deferred to next week.
  10. (10 min) New Business
    • none


  • Jane Curry


  • TBD