From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 22:25, 28 January 2008 by Chuck Meyer (talk | contribs) (→‎invited)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC - Technical Steering Committee

Tuesday, January 15th, 2008 12:30 PM (US Central Time, GMT -5)
To participate, dial 702-894-2444 and enter pass code 1244667#
GoToMeeting at
GoToMeeting ID: 822-618-174 

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas



  • Chair: Charlie McCay
  • CTO: John Quinn
  • Domain Experts: Jim Case (primary), Austin Kreisler (alternate)
  • Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
  • Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
  • Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
  • Affiliate: Frank Oemig, Charlie McCay
  • ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
  • HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck


  • Charles Jaffe (CEO); Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Chuck Meyer (HL7 Vice Chair)



  1. Meeting Admin
    1. Roll Call- Quorum was established with the following individuals in attendance: Charlie McCay, Karen Van Hentenryck, Frank Oemig, Ioana Singureanu, Charlie Mead, Jim Case, Austin Kreisler, Helen Stevens-Love, Ken McCaslin, Gregg Seppala, Calvin Beebe, Ed Hammond
    2. Accept Agenda Agenda was accepted without change.
  2. Planning for 2008 WGM - Following the Monday evening TSC plenary meeting and steering division meetings, there were suggestions to change the meeting plans as follows:
    • Full day on Saturday. ACTION ITEM: Van Hentenryck to draft the decision and forward to Beebe.
    • Sunday evening meeting 5 – 8 pm
    • Monday evening TSC and SD meeting -(1) provide informative presentations during the Monday general session (and move the Intl report to Tuesday). (2) Provide dinner from 5:00 – 6:30 includes announcements and open mic (3) Schedule SD meeting from 6:30 - finish
    • Wed lunch
  3. Hot topics
    • ARB – defining governance will mean some re-examination and restructuring of INM and MnM. This would be a TSC issue.
    • Viability of smaller work groups that have insufficient membership to complete its work. Small committee don’t have facilitators. We need inventory of each committee's projects to detetrmine whether they are a viable group. Case’s steering division realized that several smaller groups may be dissolving because they are not focused on products or creating products. ACTION ITEM: Create a committee competency matrix that articulates the minimum requirements for a work group (.i.e., are they balloting something).
    • Committees with balloting content for V2 and V3 who can’t attract members to support the work. If people want the work done, they need to attend meetings and bring the resources to accomplish the work. The TSC needs to make these needs visible. The legacy material is the problem. Priority projects will get the rooms. We need to be careful in that there may be some things that HL7 needs to be successful that stakeholders don't recognize the need for.
    • Attaining quorum on calls will need to be discussed. DMPs need to be updated to address what happens when a steering division need a decision (time sensitive) but is not getting quorum. DMPs need to be updated to reflect new GOMs (references to).
    • Review the TSC election process (put this on the May TSC retreat agenda)
  4. TSC Issue tracker

The meeting adjourned at 1:45 pm CT

Agenda item list (our sand box for future meetings)

Click for TSC Action Item List