Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Tuesday, January 15th, 2008 12:30 PM (US Central Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 702-894-2444 and enter pass code 1244667# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/822618174 GoToMeeting ID: 822-618-174
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- Chair: Charlie McCay
- CTO: John Quinn
- Domain Experts: Jim Case (primary), Austin Kreisler (alternate)
- Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
- Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
- Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
- Affiliate: Frank Oemig, Charlie McCay
- ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
- HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck
- Charles Jaffe (CE); Chuck Meyer (HL7 Chair); Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair Elect)
- Meeting Admin
- Roll Call- Quorum was established with the following individuals in attendance: Charlie McCay, Karen Van Hentenryck, Frank Oemig, Ioana Singureanu, Charlie Mead, Jim Case, Austin Kreisler, Helen Stevens-Love, Ken McCaslin, Gregg Seppala, Calvin Beebe, Ed Hammond
- Accept Agenda Agenda was accepted without change.
- Planning for 2008 WGM - Following the Monday evening TSC plenary meeting and steering division meetings, there were suggestions to change the meeting plans as follows:
- Full day on Saturday. ACTION ITEM: Karen to draft the decision and forward to Beebe.
- Sunday evening meeting 5 – 8 pm
- Monday evening TSC and SD meeting -(1) provide informative presentations during the Monday general session (and move the Intl report to Tuesday). (2) Provide dinner from 5:00 – 6:30 includes announcements and open mic (3) Schedule SD meeting from 6:30 - finish
- Wed lunch
- Hot topics
- ARB – defining governance will mean some re-examination and restructreu of INM and MnM. This would be a TSC issue
- Viability of smaller work groups that have insufficient membership to complete its work. Small committee don’t have facilitating work. Need inventory of projects that each committee is working on to detetrmine whether they are a viable group. Case’s group realized that several smaller groups may be dissolving because they are not focused on products or creating products. Create committee competency matrix that articulates the minimum requirements for a work group (.i.e., are they balloting something).
- Committees with balloting content for V2 and V3 who can’t attract members to support it. If people want the work, they need to come to the meetings and bring the resources to get the work done. The TSC needs to make these needs visible. The legacy stuff is the problem at the stuff. Priority projects will get the rooms. There may be some things that HL7 needs to be successful that stakeholders may not recognize the need for. ACTION ITEM: Van Hentenryck to take the concern
- Attaining quorum on calls will need to be discussed. DMPs need to be updated to say what happens when you need a decision (time sensitive) but you can get quorum. DMPs need to be updated to reflect new GOMs (references to).
- Review the TSC election process (put this on the May TSC retreat agenda)
The meeting adjourned at 1:45 pm CT