Difference between revisions of "FTSD-F2F-20170508"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 9: Line 9:
  
 
-->
 
-->
=Fndn&Tech Steering Divn - WGM Meeting Madrid (Madrid 9 2017)=  
+
=Fndn&Tech Steering Divn - WGM Meeting Madrid (Madrid 8 2017)=  
  
 
==Attendees==
 
==Attendees==
Line 140: Line 140:
 
===[[FTSD Action item list|Action Item List]]===
 
===[[FTSD Action item list|Action Item List]]===
 
==Minutes==
 
==Minutes==
#Roll Call
+
#'''Roll Call'''
#Approve [[Foundation_%26_Technology_Meeting_Minutes_and_Agendas | Minutes since last Face-to-Face]] & Accept Agenda
+
#'''Review & Approve Agenda (Consent)'''
##'''Motion to accept Agenda'''(Tony/Heather) (24-0-0)
+
#'''Work Group Health'''
##'''Motion to approve minutes of all meetings since last face-to-face'''(Tony/Trish) (24-0-0)
+
##Paul reviewed the FTSD Work Group Health noting that all committees are performing well according to the measures.
#Room Scheduling method - how is it working?
+
#'''FTSD/TSC Election'''
##Working well as long as all involved to their job.
+
##Reminder that this summer we will be holding an election for an FTSD co-chair and TSC member for Russ's current position. Russ is intending run again. Note that participation in this vote is a work Group Health measure.
##Response to the Workgroup Scheduling Report is positive.
+
#'''AID Continuation'''
#Soliciting mentors for first time attendees
+
##Rene Spronk spoke on the intention of the AID Work Group to vote on the dissolution of the AID WG at the September WGM as the work group now finds its focus to be on FHIR only has completed its originally intended purpose.
##There is a request to solicit mentors for first time attendees
+
#'''Work Group Simplification'''
 
+
##Paul provided an overview of the discussions at the TSC, and as outlined by Ken McCaslin (TSC Chair) during the earlier dinner meeting, which include:
#Work Group Health / PBS Metrics
+
###Proposal to rename existing steering Divisions and add a new Steering Division for Special Interest Groups which would not require the same co-chair knowledge regarding balloting and associated HL7 processes and would exclude the groups within that division from balloting specifications - they would need to perform specification development and balloting within the other Steering Divisions' work groups.
##Most of the workgroups are healthy.
+
###A request to all work groups to review their scopes, association with other work groups and work group name to ensure that Missions and Charters are current and understandable.
##Workgroups need to review their metrics.
+
##The use case giving rise to this exercise was the difficulty which a new attendee to an HL7 WGM would experience trying to determine which work group meetings to attend to pursue their interests or participate in specification development/maintenance.
#Administrative Documents: SWOT, DMP
+
##Lively discussion ensued. The issues raised were:
##Will review on the next Telcon
+
###All work groups should be allowed to develop and ballot specifications.
 +
###While the stated use case is accepted a more important use case is the difficulty which existing work groups have in knowing what other work groups they must or should work with to produce specifications.
 +
###The organizational chart of the steering divisions does not align with the work 'stack' to create specifications.
 +
####Paul drew the functional arrangement of the steering divisions which appeared to address this concern.
 +
##Discussion on how a Work Group may alter their Mission and Charter and move Steering Divisions would allow those in the Special Interest Group Division to another Division and thereby allow them to create and ballot specifications appeared to address that concern.
 +
##There was discussion that the HSI work group was still prohibited from developing and balloting specifications and it was noted that the HSI work group has not requested a change to their Mission and Charter nor to change Steering Divisions.
 +
##Paul committed to taking back to the TSC the concerns raised and in particular the need for understanding the required relations between existing work groups.
 +
##Work Groups were requested to review and update their Mission and Charters by July 31 2017.
 
#'''Other Business'''
 
#'''Other Business'''
#Adjournment
+
#'''Adjournment'''
##Meeting was adjourned at 8:18pm.
+
##Meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm.
 
 
[[User:A julian|A julian]] ([[User talk:A julian|talk]]) 21:19, 19 January 2015 (EST)
 
  
 
==Follow up ==
 
==Follow up ==
  
 
[[Foundation_%26_Technology_Meeting_Minutes_and_Agendas|Back to Meetings]]
 
[[Foundation_%26_Technology_Meeting_Minutes_and_Agendas|Back to Meetings]]

Latest revision as of 00:44, 9 September 2017

Fndn&Tech Steering Divn - WGM Meeting Madrid (Madrid 8 2017)

Attendees

Facilitator Note taker Quorum = 5 WGs
Paul Knapp Paul Knapp Yes
Implementable Technology Specifications (ITS) Conformance & Guidance for Implementation/Testing Infrastructure and Messaging (InM)
X Knapp, Paul X Bunker, Nathan X Julian, Tony
R Nelson, Dale X Oemig, Frank X Shaver, Dave
R Stechishin, Andy . Singureanu, Ioana R Stuart, Sandy
. Snelick, Robert
Modeling & Methodology (MnM) Application Integration and Design (AID) Security
X McKenzie, Lloyd X Spronk, Rene X Blobel PhD, Bernd
X Duteau, Jean R Stechishin, Andy X Connor, Kathleen
. Grieve, Grahame . Agnew, James X Moehrke, John
X Shakir, AbdulMalik . Williams, Patricia
X Shapiro, Ron X Mense, Alexander
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Templates Vocabulary
. Jorgenson, Don X Heitmann, Kai X Case, James
. Lotti,Stefano . Roberts , John . Grain, Heather
. Rubin, Ken X Shafarman, Mark X Hamm, Russell
X McCauley, Vince X Hausam, Rob
X Klein, William Ted
CIMI FHIR-I
X Esmond, Richard X McKenzie, Lloyd .
X Mulrooney, Galen . .
. . .
. .
.
.
Guests
. Hamill, Dave
. . = Absent, X = Present, r = Regrets

Agenda

  1. (05 min) Roll Call
  2. (05 min) Work Group Health
  3. (05 min) FTSD/TSC Election
  4. (10 min) AID Continuation?
  5. (50 min) Work Group Simplification
  6. (05 min) Other Business

Agenda items

Action Item List

Minutes

  1. Roll Call
  2. Review & Approve Agenda (Consent)
  3. Work Group Health
    1. Paul reviewed the FTSD Work Group Health noting that all committees are performing well according to the measures.
  4. FTSD/TSC Election
    1. Reminder that this summer we will be holding an election for an FTSD co-chair and TSC member for Russ's current position. Russ is intending run again. Note that participation in this vote is a work Group Health measure.
  5. AID Continuation
    1. Rene Spronk spoke on the intention of the AID Work Group to vote on the dissolution of the AID WG at the September WGM as the work group now finds its focus to be on FHIR only has completed its originally intended purpose.
  6. Work Group Simplification
    1. Paul provided an overview of the discussions at the TSC, and as outlined by Ken McCaslin (TSC Chair) during the earlier dinner meeting, which include:
      1. Proposal to rename existing steering Divisions and add a new Steering Division for Special Interest Groups which would not require the same co-chair knowledge regarding balloting and associated HL7 processes and would exclude the groups within that division from balloting specifications - they would need to perform specification development and balloting within the other Steering Divisions' work groups.
      2. A request to all work groups to review their scopes, association with other work groups and work group name to ensure that Missions and Charters are current and understandable.
    2. The use case giving rise to this exercise was the difficulty which a new attendee to an HL7 WGM would experience trying to determine which work group meetings to attend to pursue their interests or participate in specification development/maintenance.
    3. Lively discussion ensued. The issues raised were:
      1. All work groups should be allowed to develop and ballot specifications.
      2. While the stated use case is accepted a more important use case is the difficulty which existing work groups have in knowing what other work groups they must or should work with to produce specifications.
      3. The organizational chart of the steering divisions does not align with the work 'stack' to create specifications.
        1. Paul drew the functional arrangement of the steering divisions which appeared to address this concern.
    4. Discussion on how a Work Group may alter their Mission and Charter and move Steering Divisions would allow those in the Special Interest Group Division to another Division and thereby allow them to create and ballot specifications appeared to address that concern.
    5. There was discussion that the HSI work group was still prohibited from developing and balloting specifications and it was noted that the HSI work group has not requested a change to their Mission and Charter nor to change Steering Divisions.
    6. Paul committed to taking back to the TSC the concerns raised and in particular the need for understanding the required relations between existing work groups.
    7. Work Groups were requested to review and update their Mission and Charters by July 31 2017.
  7. Other Business
  8. Adjournment
    1. Meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm.

Follow up

Back to Meetings