Difference between revisions of "FTSD-F2F-20140120"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(9 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 18: Line 18:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|Quorum = 5 WGs
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|Quorum = 5 WGs
 
|-
 
|-
|colspan="2"|Woody or Paul
+
|colspan="2"|Woody
|colspan="2"|Woody or Paul
+
|colspan="2"|Tony
|colspan="2"|Yes/No
+
|colspan="2"|Yes
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|Implementable Technology Specifications (ITS)  
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|Implementable Technology Specifications (ITS)  
Line 26: Line 26:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|Infrastructure and Messaging  (InM)
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|Infrastructure and Messaging  (InM)
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Knapp, Paul
+
|R||Knapp, Paul
|.||Huang, Wendy
+
|X||Huang, Wendy
|.||Julian, Tony
+
|X||Julian, Tony
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Nelson, Dale
+
|X||Nelson, Dale
|.||Oemig, Frank
+
|X||Oemig, Frank
|.||Shaver, Dave
+
|X||Shaver, Dave
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Stechishin, Andy
+
|R||Stechishin, Andy
 
|.||Singureanu, Ioana  
 
|.||Singureanu, Ioana  
|.||Stuart, Sandy
+
|R||Stuart, Sandy
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||  
 
| ||  
|.||Snelick, Robert
+
|X||Snelick, Robert
 
|.||
 
|.||
 
|-
 
|-
Line 46: Line 46:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|Security
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|Security
 
|-   
 
|-   
|.||Beeler, Woody  
+
|X||Beeler, Woody  
 
|.||Hendler MD, Peter   
 
|.||Hendler MD, Peter   
|.||Blobel PhD, Bernd  
+
|X||Blobel PhD, Bernd  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Duteau, Jean  
+
|X||Duteau, Jean  
|.||Stechishin, Andy
+
|R||Stechishin, Andy
|.||Davis, Mike
+
|X||Davis, Mike
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Grieve, Grahame  
 
|.||Grieve, Grahame  
|.||Spronk, Rene  
+
|X||Spronk, Rene  
 
|.||Moehrke, John   
 
|.||Moehrke, John   
 
|-
 
|-
|.||McKenzie, Lloyd  
+
|X||McKenzie, Lloyd  
 
| ||  
 
| ||  
| ||Williams, Patricia
+
|X||Williams, Patricia
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Shakir, AbdulMalik
+
|X||Shakir, AbdulMalik
 
| ||  
 
| ||  
 
| ||  
 
| ||  
Line 72: Line 72:
 
|.||Jorgenson, Don  
 
|.||Jorgenson, Don  
 
|.||Heitmann, Kai
 
|.||Heitmann, Kai
|.||Case, James  
+
|X||Case, James  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Lotti,Stefano
 
|.||Lotti,Stefano
 
|.||Roberts , John  
 
|.||Roberts , John  
|.||Grain, Heather  
+
|X||Grain, Heather  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Rubin, Ken  
 
|.||Rubin, Ken  
|.||Shafarman, Mark  
+
|X||Shafarman, Mark  
|.||Hamm, Russell
+
|X||Hamm, Russell
 
|-
 
|-
|.||McCauley, Vince
+
|X||McCauley, Vince
 
| ||  
 
| ||  
|.||Hausam, Rob
+
|X||Hausam, Rob
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||  
 
| ||  
 
| ||  
 
| ||  
|.||Klein, William Ted
+
|X||Klein, William Ted
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 97: Line 97:
 
|colspan="6" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|Guests
 
|colspan="6" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|Guests
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Laakso, Lynn  
+
|X||Laakso, Lynn  
| ||
+
|X||Duteau, Kathryn
 
| ||  
 
| ||  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 107: Line 107:
 
==Agenda==
 
==Agenda==
 
#''(05 min)'' Roll Call
 
#''(05 min)'' Roll Call
#''(05 min)'' Approve [[FTSD-ConCall-20140114| Previous Minutes]] & Accept Agenda
+
#''(05 min)'' Approve [[FTSD-Concall-20140114| Previous Minutes]] & Accept Agenda
 
#''(15 min)'' '''CGIT - Role of Conformance Facilitators (Huang)'''
 
#''(15 min)'' '''CGIT - Role of Conformance Facilitators (Huang)'''
#''(15 min)'' '''Management of OIDs, XML Namespaces, URIs and the like (Beeler)'''
 
#:: DISCUSSION - HL7 has a number of "unique identifier" name spaces that are not currently the management responsibility of any designated body (Work Group TSC, Board-appointed Committee), to my knowledge. Examples include:
 
#::* OIDs
 
#::*:that are the responsibility of a dedicated (very dedicated) individual, but no over-seeing Work Group)
 
#::* XML Namespaces
 
#::*:used in V3-generated schemas, manually created schemas, Model interchange formats
 
#::* URLs used to identify FHIR resources and related elements
 
#::*:Presumably managed by FMG (but without any governance from FGB) and probably being done by "agreements" among the developers that may or may not be cognizant of possible collisions with other work groups.
 
#:: Postulate: This Steering Division or some collaborative of its members should generate a recommendation to the TSC that places responsibility for managing these identifiers somewhere in the organization. 
 
 
#''(5 min)'' '''Other Business'''
 
#''(5 min)'' '''Other Business'''
  
 
===[[FTSD Agenda item list|Agenda items]]===
 
===[[FTSD Agenda item list|Agenda items]]===
 
===[[FTSD Action item list|Action Item List]]===
 
===[[FTSD Action item list|Action Item List]]===
 +
==Minutes==
 +
#''(05 min)'' Roll Call
 +
#''(05 min)'' Approve [[FTSD-Concall-20131203| Previous Minutes]] & Accept Agenda
 +
##'''Motion''' to approve the Agenda(Tony/Wendy)
 +
##'''Vote''' (9-0-0)
 +
#''(15 min)'' '''CGIT - Role of Conformance Facilitators (Huang)'''
 +
##Wendy: Presented Conformance Facilitator Roles and Responsibilities
 +
##*Purpose
 +
##**To provide conformance guidance to domain work groups on existing and future projects
 +
##**Collect requirements from domain work groups to enhance conformance methodology
 +
##*A Conformance Facilitator is required to be familiar with the following best practice guidelines
 +
##** [http://lists.hl7.org/read/attachment/196063/3/ISO_TR_12310_conformance%2Bdraft%2bfor%2Breview-20100420-v1.doc Health informatics — Principles and guidelines for the measurement of conformance in the implementation of terminological systems]
 +
##**Chapter 2b in current v2.x standards
 +
##**[http://www.hl7.org/search/viewSearchResult.cfm?search_id=413838&search_result_url=%2Fimplement%2Fstandards%2Fproduct%5Fbrief%2Ecfm%3Fproduct%5Fid%3D76 Understanding of Refinement, Localization, and Constraint(RNcl) document]
 +
##*Responsibilities
 +
##**To enforce conformance rules as stated in the specified standard are used in the projects
 +
##**Contribute to best practices documents such as how to specify conformance in implementation guides
 +
##**Help enhance and harmonize conformance methodologies
 +
##**Provide conformance related update and seek guidance from CGIT on work group projects
 +
##**Attend CGIT calls an meetings when possible, especially conformance Facilitator's roundtable
 +
##Discussion was held -
 +
##*There may be a problem where WG's do not know what CGIT is about
 +
##*Does every project really need a Conformance Facilitator?
 +
##*This is a product line matrix management issue - in a volunteer organization
 +
##*You may not use one, but it is on the checklist.
 +
#Adjournment
 +
##'''Motion''' to adjourn at 8:50pm Eastern(Tony/Ted)
 +
##'''Vote'''(9-0-0)
 +
  
 
[[Foundation_%26_Technology_Meeting_Minutes_and_Agendas|Back to Meetings]]
 
[[Foundation_%26_Technology_Meeting_Minutes_and_Agendas|Back to Meetings]]

Latest revision as of 01:50, 21 January 2014

Fndn&Tech Steering Divn - Face-to-Face Meeting (date above)

Meeting Information

Conference Call is scheduled for 0.5 hour,
Tuesday 12:00 PM to be repeated every other week
Please consult http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock for your local times
HL7 Conference Call Service
Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 (Passcode: 943627)
Online Meeting Service - GoToMeeting
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/385800034 (GoToMeeting ID: 385-800-034)


Steering Division Members:

  • Application Integration & Design (AID)
  • Implementable Technology Specifications (ITS)
  • Conformance & Guidance for Implementation/Testing(CGIT)
  • Infrastructure & Messaging (InM)
  • Modeling & Methodology (MnM)
  • Security
  • Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
  • Templates
  • Vocabulary

Attendees

Facilitator Note taker Quorum = 5 WGs
Woody Tony Yes
Implementable Technology Specifications (ITS) Conformance & Guidance for Implementation/Testing Infrastructure and Messaging (InM)
R Knapp, Paul X Huang, Wendy X Julian, Tony
X Nelson, Dale X Oemig, Frank X Shaver, Dave
R Stechishin, Andy . Singureanu, Ioana R Stuart, Sandy
X Snelick, Robert .
Modeling & Methodology (MnM) Application Integration and Design (AID) Security
X Beeler, Woody . Hendler MD, Peter X Blobel PhD, Bernd
X Duteau, Jean R Stechishin, Andy X Davis, Mike
. Grieve, Grahame X Spronk, Rene . Moehrke, John
X McKenzie, Lloyd X Williams, Patricia
X Shakir, AbdulMalik
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Templates Vocabulary
. Jorgenson, Don . Heitmann, Kai X Case, James
. Lotti,Stefano . Roberts , John X Grain, Heather
. Rubin, Ken X Shafarman, Mark X Hamm, Russell
X McCauley, Vince X Hausam, Rob
X Klein, William Ted
.
Guests
X Laakso, Lynn X Duteau, Kathryn
. . = Absent, X = Present, r = Regrets

Agenda

  1. (05 min) Roll Call
  2. (05 min) Approve Previous Minutes & Accept Agenda
  3. (15 min) CGIT - Role of Conformance Facilitators (Huang)
  4. (5 min) Other Business

Agenda items

Action Item List

Minutes

  1. (05 min) Roll Call
  2. (05 min) Approve Previous Minutes & Accept Agenda
    1. Motion to approve the Agenda(Tony/Wendy)
    2. Vote (9-0-0)
  3. (15 min) CGIT - Role of Conformance Facilitators (Huang)
    1. Wendy: Presented Conformance Facilitator Roles and Responsibilities
    2. Discussion was held -
      • There may be a problem where WG's do not know what CGIT is about
      • Does every project really need a Conformance Facilitator?
      • This is a product line matrix management issue - in a volunteer organization
      • You may not use one, but it is on the checklist.
  4. Adjournment
    1. Motion to adjourn at 8:50pm Eastern(Tony/Ted)
    2. Vote(9-0-0)


Back to Meetings