Foundation & Technology SD - Face-to-Face May 17, 2010
- Meeting at WGM in Rio -- 7:00-8:30 PM Room: Segovia I
- Implementable Technology Specifications (ITS)
- Implementation/Conformance (IC)
- Infrastructure & Messaging (InM)
- RIM-Based Application Architecture (RIMBAA)
- Modeling & Methodology (MnM)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Vocabulary (Vocab)
Walker (Chair), Beeler [MnM] (Secy), Mulrooney [SOA], Wrightson [SOA], Hendler [RIMBAA], Blobel [Security], Julian [InM], Laakso [HQ], Oemig [IC], Snelick [IC], Hamm [Vocab], Spronk [RIMBAA], Klein [Vocab], Knapp [ITS], Knight [Vocab], Shafarman [Templates], Duteau [MnM], Grieve [MnM], McKenzie [MnM]
100% of member Work Groups represented.
Agenda - Actions
Approve Minutes of May 4, 2010 & Accept Agenda
Approved by acclamation.
Discussion of Glossary project and its status and ramifications within HL7
- Noted that the TSC is expecting a project scope statement, because the project requires effort within the HL7 community
- Initial project scope statement was considered in [FTSD-ConCalls-20100201|FnTSD Meeting on February 2 ].
- The review posed questions that might be addressed within the project scope statement; suggested that V3 Publishing Work Group be added as a co-sponsor; and suggested that Project & Support Services SD should also review this.
- It is unclear that these minutes were noted to the proponents. Knight agreed to follow up on the scope statement within Vocabulary.
- Noted that Publishing Work Group intends to merge the "green sheets" glossary with the V3 glossary and continue to maintain these using the XML documentation and publishing tools already in use for V3 Glossary.
- Agreed that V3 Publishing needs to document (propose) a process for managing the "global" glossary content, including changes, additions and deletions from same.
- Noted that glossary entries and listings can be included with documents such as "Core Principles" and the explanatory text that surrounds Vocabulary Publishing. Beeler agreed to facilitate this.
- (15 min) Consideration of Discussions at "Retreat" Dinner meeting
- (15 min) New Business
- (5 min) Other Business