Difference between revisions of "FTSD-ConCalls-20100323"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(8 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
=FTSD - Foundation & Technology Steering Division=  
+
__NOTOC__
 +
__NOTOC__
 +
=FTSD - Foundation & Technology Steering Division - Conference Call March 23, 2010=
 +
Members:
 +
*Present - ITS , InM, MnM, Security, SOA, Vocabulary
 +
*'''[[DummyNonPage|ABSENT - Implementation, RIMBAA, Templates]]'''
  
==Conference Call March 23, 2010[[Foundation_%26_Technology_Meetings| Meeting Information]]==
+
==Attendees==
:'''Conference Call''' is scheduled for '''0.5 hour'''
+
Knapp , Stuart, Julian, Laakso, Beeler, Hamill, Rubin, Davis, Knight, Walker
::'''12:00 PM''' (consult [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock for local times])
+
==Agenda==
:'''''HL7 Conference Call Service'''''
+
#Roll Call
::Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 (Passcode: 943627)
+
#Approve Minutes & Accept Agenda
:'''''Online Meeting Service''''' - GoToMeeting
+
#'''[[#Vocabulary Scope Statements|Vocabulary Scope Statements]]'''
::[https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/385800034 https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/385800034] (GoToMeeting ID: 385-800-034)
+
#*[[#IHTSDO workbench updated scope statement|IHTSDO workbench updated scope statement]]
 +
#*[[#Display Name Project Scope Statement|Display Name Project Scope Statement]]
 +
#'''[[#Revised Healthcare SOA Ontology Project Scope Statement|Revised Healthcare SOA Ontology Project Scope Statement]]''' (SOA)
 +
#'''[[#Security Ontology Project Proposal|Security Ontology Project Proposal]]'''
 +
#'''[[#Steering Division Project Facilitator for the FTSD|Steering Division Project Facilitator for the FTSD]]''' (Hamill)
 +
#'''[[#TSC Action Revising Status of Security Analysis Model from DSTU to Informative|TSC Meeting of in re: Security Analysis Model]]'''
  
Members:
+
Motion to adopt - Rubin/Julian - 6-0-0
*Implementable Technology Specifications (ITS)
+
 
*Implementation/Conformance
+
==Vocabulary Scope Statements==
*Infrastructure & Messaging (InM)
+
===IHTSDO workbench updated scope statement===
*RIM-Based Application Architecture (RIMBAA)
+
Discussed project scope statement on [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5537/7055/HL7ProjectScopeStatementWorkbenchevaluation-20100309.doc HL7 Evaluation of the International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation (IHTSDO)Workbench Tool] as proposed by Vocabulary Work Group.
*Modeling & Methodology (MnM)
+
 
*Security
+
At proponents request amended first sentence of scope from "Use the available 25 days of allocated funding to do ..." to simply "Do ..." Request that when forwarded, the green "content cues" be removed. Agreed to forward and endorse to TSC, as amended.  Knight/Walker 6-0-0
*Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
+
 
*Templates
+
===Display Name Project Scope Statement===
*Vocabulary
+
Discussed project scope statement on [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5538/7056/HL7ProjectScopeStatementRefInterfaceTerminologyGuidance-V5.doc Provide guidance on the use/role of interface and reference characteristics and properties of terminologies (including display name & original text)] as proposed by Vocabulary Work Group.
 +
 
 +
Agreed to forward and endorse to TSC. Knight/Stuart 6-0-0
 +
 +
==Revised Healthcare SOA Ontology Project Scope Statement==
 +
Discussed revised project scope statement for [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5539/7057/SOAHealthcareOntologyProjectScopeStatement2010-03-22.doc Healthcare SOA Ontology Project] from SOA Work Group.  The scope statement has been reviewed and  revised. The SOA Work group believes it is aligned with respect to the ARB interests, as several ARB members have been present during SOA discussions, and the proposal is also compatible with the revised Security Ontology project.
 +
 
 +
Agreed to forward and endorse to TSC. Rubin/Walker 6-0-0
 +
==Security Ontology Project Proposal==
 +
Steering Division notes that the Security Ontology proposal has been "tweaked" and will be voted on by the TSC at its next meeting.
 +
==TSC Action Revising Status of Security Analysis Model from DSTU to Informative==
 +
Security Work Group was very concerned that the TSC re-cast the Security Analysis Model as an Informative document (DSTO had been requested) despite that the earlier release had been balloted as DSTU.  Security WG notes that the intention of this model is to serve as the foundation for normative content in other organizations, such as Oasis, and that its "normative" status within HL7 is important to its acceptance.
 +
 
 +
Security WG will prepare a paper outlining the rationale (how this model will be the basis for conformance in other groups). Foundation and Technology SD recommends that the  CTO and TSC consider reclassification of the ballot.  Davis/Rubin 5-0-0
 +
 
 +
==Steering Division Project Facilitator for the FTSD==
 +
Dave Hamill joined the group to discuss a proposal from Project Services that the FTSD create a Steering Division Project Facilitator role and recruit an individual to fill that role.  ([[FTSD-ConCalls-20100323#Role_for_Steering_Division_Project_Facilitator | See contents of proposal in subsection below]].)
 +
 
 +
The FTSD supports this notion. We would suggest that it title be "Steering Division Project Coordinator", and that HL7 undertake to provide a "positive performance commendation" letter to the participants that outlines the responsibilities. This may help gaining support for the role in the volunteer's day-job. 
 +
 
 +
The FTSD requests that the PMO formalize the original proposal into a document that can be circulated to all mail lists for Work Groups in this steering division (and others) seeking recommendations from the work groups for candidates for this position. The FTSD would then select the most qualified applicant from among those seeking the position.
 +
 
 +
The FTSD formally endorses the creation of such a position and the process cited above. Walker/Stuart - 5-0-0
 +
 
 +
===Role for Steering Division Project Facilitator===
 +
Estimated commitment is about 1.5 hours per week.
  
==Attendees==
+
Responsibilities include:
 +
*Gather project updates from  Project Facilitators and Work Group co-chairs
 +
*Attend bi-weekly SD PF conference calls (currently Thursday, 10 am ET)
 +
*Attend Project Services Work Group call as needed (currently Thursdays at 9am)
 +
*Attend either Project Services Work Group Meeting (typically Thursday, Q4) or Project Facilitator Roundtable (typically Wednesday lunch) to present project facilitation issues and/or receive updates/training
  
==Agenda==
+
Prior project management experience is not required; however the following characteristics are desired:
#''(05 min)'' Roll Call
+
*Strong communication and leadership skills
#''(05 min)'' Approve Minutes & Accept Agenda
+
*Planning and control skills, i.e. issue/risk management, task management
#''(15 min)'' '''Vocabulary Scope Statements'''
+
*Technical skills, for example, proficiency in:
#*IHTSDO workbench updated scope statement
+
**Microsoft Word (for project scope statement)
#*Display Name Project Scope Statement
+
**Project Insight (HL7's project management tool; will providetraining)
#''(15 min)'' '''Revised Healthcare SOA Ontology Project Scope Statement''' (SOA)
+
**Microsoft Office, Gforge, or other software providing ability to assign/track tasks
#''(15 min)'' '''Steering Division Project Facilitator for the FTSD''' (Hamill)
+
*Knowledge of HL7's Governance and Operations Manual (GOM) and HL7 publishing procedures
#''(5 min)'' '''Other Business'''
 
  
===[[FTSD Agenda item list|Agenda items]]===
 
===[[FTSD Action item list|Action Item List]]===
 
  
 
[[Foundation_%26_Technology_Meeting_Minutes_and_Agendas|Back to Meetings]]
 
[[Foundation_%26_Technology_Meeting_Minutes_and_Agendas|Back to Meetings]]

Latest revision as of 18:06, 23 March 2010


FTSD - Foundation & Technology Steering Division - Conference Call March 23, 2010

Members:

Attendees

Knapp , Stuart, Julian, Laakso, Beeler, Hamill, Rubin, Davis, Knight, Walker

Agenda

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Minutes & Accept Agenda
  3. Vocabulary Scope Statements
  4. Revised Healthcare SOA Ontology Project Scope Statement (SOA)
  5. Security Ontology Project Proposal
  6. Steering Division Project Facilitator for the FTSD (Hamill)
  7. TSC Meeting of in re: Security Analysis Model

Motion to adopt - Rubin/Julian - 6-0-0

Vocabulary Scope Statements

IHTSDO workbench updated scope statement

Discussed project scope statement on HL7 Evaluation of the International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation (IHTSDO)Workbench Tool as proposed by Vocabulary Work Group.

At proponents request amended first sentence of scope from "Use the available 25 days of allocated funding to do ..." to simply "Do ..." Request that when forwarded, the green "content cues" be removed. Agreed to forward and endorse to TSC, as amended. Knight/Walker 6-0-0

Display Name Project Scope Statement

Discussed project scope statement on Provide guidance on the use/role of interface and reference characteristics and properties of terminologies (including display name & original text) as proposed by Vocabulary Work Group.

Agreed to forward and endorse to TSC. Knight/Stuart 6-0-0

Revised Healthcare SOA Ontology Project Scope Statement

Discussed revised project scope statement for Healthcare SOA Ontology Project from SOA Work Group. The scope statement has been reviewed and revised. The SOA Work group believes it is aligned with respect to the ARB interests, as several ARB members have been present during SOA discussions, and the proposal is also compatible with the revised Security Ontology project.

Agreed to forward and endorse to TSC. Rubin/Walker 6-0-0

Security Ontology Project Proposal

Steering Division notes that the Security Ontology proposal has been "tweaked" and will be voted on by the TSC at its next meeting.

TSC Action Revising Status of Security Analysis Model from DSTU to Informative

Security Work Group was very concerned that the TSC re-cast the Security Analysis Model as an Informative document (DSTO had been requested) despite that the earlier release had been balloted as DSTU. Security WG notes that the intention of this model is to serve as the foundation for normative content in other organizations, such as Oasis, and that its "normative" status within HL7 is important to its acceptance.

Security WG will prepare a paper outlining the rationale (how this model will be the basis for conformance in other groups). Foundation and Technology SD recommends that the CTO and TSC consider reclassification of the ballot. Davis/Rubin 5-0-0

Steering Division Project Facilitator for the FTSD

Dave Hamill joined the group to discuss a proposal from Project Services that the FTSD create a Steering Division Project Facilitator role and recruit an individual to fill that role. ( See contents of proposal in subsection below.)

The FTSD supports this notion. We would suggest that it title be "Steering Division Project Coordinator", and that HL7 undertake to provide a "positive performance commendation" letter to the participants that outlines the responsibilities. This may help gaining support for the role in the volunteer's day-job.

The FTSD requests that the PMO formalize the original proposal into a document that can be circulated to all mail lists for Work Groups in this steering division (and others) seeking recommendations from the work groups for candidates for this position. The FTSD would then select the most qualified applicant from among those seeking the position.

The FTSD formally endorses the creation of such a position and the process cited above. Walker/Stuart - 5-0-0

Role for Steering Division Project Facilitator

Estimated commitment is about 1.5 hours per week.

Responsibilities include:

  • Gather project updates from Project Facilitators and Work Group co-chairs
  • Attend bi-weekly SD PF conference calls (currently Thursday, 10 am ET)
  • Attend Project Services Work Group call as needed (currently Thursdays at 9am)
  • Attend either Project Services Work Group Meeting (typically Thursday, Q4) or Project Facilitator Roundtable (typically Wednesday lunch) to present project facilitation issues and/or receive updates/training

Prior project management experience is not required; however the following characteristics are desired:

  • Strong communication and leadership skills
  • Planning and control skills, i.e. issue/risk management, task management
  • Technical skills, for example, proficiency in:
    • Microsoft Word (for project scope statement)
    • Project Insight (HL7's project management tool; will providetraining)
    • Microsoft Office, Gforge, or other software providing ability to assign/track tasks
  • Knowledge of HL7's Governance and Operations Manual (GOM) and HL7 publishing procedures


Back to Meetings