Foundation & Technology Steering Division - Conference Call June 29, 2010
- Conference Call is scheduled for 0.5 hour
- 12:00 PM (consult http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock for local times)
- HL7 Conference Call Service
- Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 (Passcode: 943627)
- Online Meeting Service - GoToMeeting
- https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/385800034 (GoToMeeting ID: 385-800-034)
- Implementable Technology Specifications (ITS)
- Infrastructure & Messaging (InM)
- RIM-Based Application Architecture (RIMBAA)
- Modeling & Methodology (MnM)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- (05 min) Roll Call
- (05 min) Approve Minutes of June 1 & Accept Agenda
- (08 min) Project Scope re Neutral Mapping - ITS
- (08 min) Project Scope re SKMT Glossary - Vocabulary
- (08 min) Project Scope re Binding Syntax - Vocabulary
Project HD/Micro-ITS - Leads to Documents for Review
No micro ITS in the documents instead:
A transport for REST (http-based, like WSI Web Services) that is not about moving native HL7 content but rather about moving an "hData record" containing a hData record format (actually a ZIP file and manifest) and a zipped set of "hData record" which are snippets of CDA documents or other documents.
hData component model is expressed elsewhere and unclear. It is like starting with ITS and then defining the content rather than having a content standard and figuring how to transport it
There is no ITS inside this. Yet, Mitre is strongly interested in getting this voted in the next cycle. Approaching a project that is proceeding from an implementation without any consideration of the HL7 principles and foundation documents.
Running down the railroad track, but no HL7-asserted requirements nor any constraint on the contents. It clearly walks into spaces for EHR, MnM, InM, etc. and only 30 days to ballot deadlines.
Dilemma and FTSD Motion
Observed that this requires buy-in and consideration by an additional raft of HL7 Work Groups who need to see this and yet are currently unaware of it. It does not seem reasonable to try to do this in time for the September Ballot. Move the action that this be circulated, socialized and discussed in detail at the October WGM, with ITS facilitating this action.