Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, February 9, 2009 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206 GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- Chair: Charlie McKay
- CTO: John Quinn
- Domain Experts: Austin Kreisler (primary), Ed Tripp (alternate)
- Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
- Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
- Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
- Affiliate: Ravi Natarajan
- ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
- HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck, Lynn Laakso
- Charles Jaffe (CEO)
- Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Bob Dolin (HL7 Vice Chair)
- Marc Koehn (EA IP)
Ravi Natarajan, Affiliate
- (5 min) Meeting Admin
- Roll Call -
- Accept Agenda -
- Approve Minutes from concall-20090202 –
- Review action items – move to Discussion
- Priority Agenda Topics
- (20 min) Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report -
- CTO Report -
- ArB Report -
- Affiliates Report -
- Structure & Semantic Design -
- Domain Experts -
- Project Approval, first review: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health IG 
- Renewal of standards at 5 year anniversary with ANSI: Tracker # 888
- Project Approval, second review: Healthcare SOA Reference Architecture (H-SOA-RA) and EHR System Design Reference Model (EHR-SD-RM)  - tabled from 20090126. Charlie McCay suggests we provide feedback that we are considering and will get back to them. John and Woody to craft response motion.
- Foundation & Technology -
- Technical & Support Services -
- The SD reviewed the concept of appointed co-chairs and has stated that this is not an accepted practice even for those Work Groups that have limited membership and/or membership also includes HL7 HQ staff. Work Groups typically have people on the list servers and the membership is typically larger than those who actually attend therefore there should be the opportunity to vote during co-chair elections. See motion below.
- Editorial Review Board - Virginia Lorenzi reported back that she has not received invitation to participate in any activity for the last several months. Question to the TSC - Is this group meeting and if so what needs to be done to get this project moving? And if not should this project be terminated?
- Kyoto Meeting - The following WG report they will have meetings and quorum: Education, Publishing, Tooling, and Electronic Services. The following groups are still trying to get confirmation: Project Services and PIC.
- Project Services
- Update regarding ARB position on backward compatibility - Due to the focus on SAEF document they have not been able to provide clarity and therefore the project scope statement does not provide guidance in the attachment there is no help text for the user.
- A question came to the SD regarding scope statement changes - does this need to come to the SD and the TSC. See motion below:
- There is a concern that a scope statement and the ballot for the project may not be in alignment and who should be responsible for managing this issue.
- A Work Group has a proposal to split off into groups. After review, the general consciences was that the mission and charter of both has basically the same intent and at this point it does not seem to present a case for this to occur. This is on hold while mission and charter statements are drafted.
- Wiki - SD does not have a link to the TSC wiki. Will Correct this by having a link on HL7.org.
- MOTION: For all board and TSC appointed WG and committee co-chairs effective the May 2009 WGM be nominated for their position, their position expire every two years, that co-chair terms be off-set so that no more than 1 co-chair term expire during a WGM and that each co-chair be elected by those qualified under the requirements set by the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).
- *MOTION: When scope is changed in a project, an adjust Project Scope Statement will be approved by the primary WG and the SD, providing the TSC at least 30 days prior to the ballot cycle the project is intended for, for TSC approval.
- (30 min) Discussion topics
- TSC Internal Project Proposals -
- Approval of updates to TSC Decision Making Practices, TSC Mission and Charter, and Communications Plan
- Review action items
- Open Issues List