Difference between revisions of "Concall-20081215"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(5 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 22: Line 22:
  
 
== Apologies ==
 
== Apologies ==
 +
*Calvin Beebe, SSD SD
 
*Helen Stevens Love, TSS SD
 
*Helen Stevens Love, TSS SD
 +
*Frank Oemig
 +
*John Quinn
  
 
=Agenda=
 
=Agenda=
#'''''(5 min)'' Meeting Admin'''  
+
#''' Meeting Admin'''  
##Roll Call -   
+
##Roll Call - The following individuals joined the call: Woody Beeler, Jim Case, John Koisch, Austin Kreisler, Lynn Laakso, Charlie McCay, Charlie Mead, Ken McCaslin, Ravi Natarajan, Gregg Seppala, Ioana Singureanu, and Ed Tripp
##Accept Agenda -
+
##Accept Agenda – unanimously approved
##Approve Minutes from [[concall-20081208]] -   
+
##Approve Minutes from [[concall-20081208]] -  unanimously approved with correction to spelling of Koehn.
##Review action items -
+
##Review action items
#'''''(20 min)'' Standing Committee Reports/Approvals'''
+
#''' Standing Committee Reports/Approvals'''
## CEO Report -  
+
## CEO Report - none
## CTO Report -
+
## CTO Report – none
## ArB Report -
+
## ArB Report – Making progress on education slides for Orlando, will be printed locally.  Impact slides should be ready for ArB session during Saturday Q1.
## Affiliates Report -
+
## Affiliates Report – welcome to Ravi.
 
## Domain Experts -  
 
## Domain Experts -  
##*Project Approval: Clinical Trial Registration and Results (CTR&R) [http://hl7projects.hl7.nscee.edu/tracker/download.php/52/313/843/600/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20-%20Clinical%20Trials%20Registration%20and%20Results.doc] tabled from last week
+
###We have one vote underway for an updated Mission and Charter from RCRIM. It does use the new M&C template.
## Foundation & Technology -
+
###*M&C updates do not need to be reviewed by TSC, but significant changes should be.  Determination of whether changes are substantive is at SD level. ACTION ITEM: Lynn to check process documents.
 +
###Clinical Trial Registration and Results (CTR&R) project from RCRIM [http://hl7projects.hl7.nscee.edu/tracker/download.php/52/313/843/600/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20-%20Clinical%20Trials%20Registration%20and%20Results.doc] was unanimously approved.
 +
###Nothing new to report on the ACS DAM project that was tabled a few weeks ago by the TSC. Could push back to SD;  but TSS SD having similar discussion. Need answer to DAM artifact as product with no plans for implementable standards: Informative document, a standard or product in itself. Ed Hammond felt this was valuable to pursue, but will it disappoint later if no further action is taken?  Push to CIC, need to find someone to implement. Add to Saturday session agenda, request Ed to participate.  HDF framework and SAEAF framework provide DAM architecture.
 +
## Foundation & Technology – no quorum last mtg, no report.
 
## Structure & Semantic Design -  
 
## Structure & Semantic Design -  
## Technical & Support Services -  
+
##*4 OO project statement changes were approved by SSD-SD last week via e-mail vote; Lynn will send to cochairs:
 +
##*#Observation Domain - Release 1 ([http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=256 Proj. # 256])
 +
##*#Common Observation Event Template – Release 1  ([http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=434 Proj. # 434])
 +
##*#Order Domain - Release I  ([http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=110 Proj. # 110])
 +
##*#Observation Request Template - Release 1  ([http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=111 Proj. # 111])
 +
##*GELLO project ballot type changed to Draft for comment.
 +
## Technical & Support Services
 +
##*Scope Statement to include DAM as product
 +
##**Clarity needed and the Project Services took an action item to validate next steps with Marketing
 +
##**Will be released in the 2009 updates
 +
##*Strategic Plan
 +
##**Reviewed extract of HL7 Roadmap with items anticipated to impact the Steering division
 +
##**Vetted items and reduced the list
 +
##**Next steps will be to publish final draft for review at the January WGM
 +
##*WGM Tooling collaborative on requirements to develop agenda for January WGM Thursday Q1
 +
##**Clarity regarding leadership of meeting
 +
##**Verifying that Tooling with develop the agenda and chair the meeting
 +
##*DMPs location
 +
 
 
#'''''(30 min)'' Discussion topics'''
 
#'''''(30 min)'' Discussion topics'''
#*Planning for the WGM
+
#*Planning for the WGM: Jan WGM Agenda
#*Working with the marketing team
+
##ArB Q1
 +
##*Arch rollout;
 +
##*SAEAF doc
 +
## Ask Audrey if available after 10:30 for ISO
 +
## Issues list Q2 will likely take 60 mins
 +
##Q3 or 4: Request for discussion time with Marketing; discuss communication plans, value propositions. 
 +
##Tooling discussions- add some time.
 +
#*Complete detailed schedule on the Jan 5 2009 call. Let us know if you won’t be avail or want items added.
 +
#*Working with the marketing team: Charlie has been following up with Jaffe on the value propositions, and “creating the bridge”.
 +
#*No meeting next or following Mondays; next call will be Jan 5; check your issues on GForge for followup.
 +
 
 +
Adjourn 11:52am.
  
 
=[[TSC Agenda item list|Agenda item list (our sand box for future meetings)]]=
 
=[[TSC Agenda item list|Agenda item list (our sand box for future meetings)]]=
 
=[[TSC Action item list|Click for TSC Action Item List]]=
 
=[[TSC Action item list|Click for TSC Action Item List]]=

Latest revision as of 18:58, 15 December 2008

TSC - Technical Steering Committee

Monday, December 15, 2008 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5)
To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466#
GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/822618174
GoToMeeting ID: 822-618-174 

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas

Attendance

Expected

  • Chair: Charlie McKay
  • CTO: John Quinn
  • Domain Experts: Jim Case (primary), Austin Kreisler (alternate)
  • Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
  • Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
  • Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
  • Affiliate: Frank Oemig,
  • ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
  • HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck, Lynn Laakso

Invited

  • Charles Jaffe (CEO); Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Chuck Meyer (HL7 Vice Chair); Ed Tripp (newly elected TSC member); Ravi Natarajan (newly elected TSC member)

Apologies

  • Calvin Beebe, SSD SD
  • Helen Stevens Love, TSS SD
  • Frank Oemig
  • John Quinn

Agenda

  1. Meeting Admin
    1. Roll Call - The following individuals joined the call: Woody Beeler, Jim Case, John Koisch, Austin Kreisler, Lynn Laakso, Charlie McCay, Charlie Mead, Ken McCaslin, Ravi Natarajan, Gregg Seppala, Ioana Singureanu, and Ed Tripp
    2. Accept Agenda – unanimously approved
    3. Approve Minutes from concall-20081208 - unanimously approved with correction to spelling of Koehn.
    4. Review action items –
  2. Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
    1. CEO Report - none
    2. CTO Report – none
    3. ArB Report – Making progress on education slides for Orlando, will be printed locally. Impact slides should be ready for ArB session during Saturday Q1.
    4. Affiliates Report – welcome to Ravi.
    5. Domain Experts -
      1. We have one vote underway for an updated Mission and Charter from RCRIM. It does use the new M&C template.
        • M&C updates do not need to be reviewed by TSC, but significant changes should be. Determination of whether changes are substantive is at SD level. ACTION ITEM: Lynn to check process documents.
      2. Clinical Trial Registration and Results (CTR&R) project from RCRIM [1] was unanimously approved.
      3. Nothing new to report on the ACS DAM project that was tabled a few weeks ago by the TSC. Could push back to SD; but TSS SD having similar discussion. Need answer to DAM artifact as product with no plans for implementable standards: Informative document, a standard or product in itself. Ed Hammond felt this was valuable to pursue, but will it disappoint later if no further action is taken? Push to CIC, need to find someone to implement. Add to Saturday session agenda, request Ed to participate. HDF framework and SAEAF framework provide DAM architecture.
    6. Foundation & Technology – no quorum last mtg, no report.
    7. Structure & Semantic Design -
      • 4 OO project statement changes were approved by SSD-SD last week via e-mail vote; Lynn will send to cochairs:
        1. Observation Domain - Release 1 (Proj. # 256)
        2. Common Observation Event Template – Release 1 (Proj. # 434)
        3. Order Domain - Release I (Proj. # 110)
        4. Observation Request Template - Release 1 (Proj. # 111)
      • GELLO project ballot type changed to Draft for comment.
    8. Technical & Support Services –
      • Scope Statement to include DAM as product
        • Clarity needed and the Project Services took an action item to validate next steps with Marketing
        • Will be released in the 2009 updates
      • Strategic Plan
        • Reviewed extract of HL7 Roadmap with items anticipated to impact the Steering division
        • Vetted items and reduced the list
        • Next steps will be to publish final draft for review at the January WGM
      • WGM Tooling collaborative on requirements to develop agenda for January WGM Thursday Q1
        • Clarity regarding leadership of meeting
        • Verifying that Tooling with develop the agenda and chair the meeting
      • DMPs location
  1. (30 min) Discussion topics
    • Planning for the WGM: Jan WGM Agenda
    1. ArB Q1
      • Arch rollout;
      • SAEAF doc
    2. Ask Audrey if available after 10:30 for ISO
    3. Issues list Q2 will likely take 60 mins
    4. Q3 or 4: Request for discussion time with Marketing; discuss communication plans, value propositions.
    5. Tooling discussions- add some time.
    • Complete detailed schedule on the Jan 5 2009 call. Let us know if you won’t be avail or want items added.
    • Working with the marketing team: Charlie has been following up with Jaffe on the value propositions, and “creating the bridge”.
    • No meeting next or following Mondays; next call will be Jan 5; check your issues on GForge for followup.

Adjourn 11:52am.

Agenda item list (our sand box for future meetings)

Click for TSC Action Item List