Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, November 24, 2008 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/822618174 GoToMeeting ID: 822-618-174
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- CTO: John Quinn
- Domain Experts: Jim Case (primary), Austin Kreisler (alternate)
- Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
- Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
- Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
- Affiliate: Frank Oemig,
- ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
- HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck, Lynn Laakso
- Charles Jaffe (CEO); Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Chuck Meyer (HL7 Vice Chair); Ed Tripp (newly elected TSC member); Ravi Natarajan (newly elected TSC member)
- Ioana Singureanu FT SD
- Gregg Seppala SSD SD
- Meeting Admin
- Roll Call - The following individuals joined the call: Woody Beeler, Calvin Beebe, Jim Case, John Koisch, Austin Kreisler, Lynn Laakso, Ken McCaslin, Charlie McKay, Charlie Mead, Frank Oemig, John Quinn, Helen Stevens Love, and Karen Van Hentenryck
- Accept Agenda – agenda accepted
- Approve Minutes from concall-20081117 - approved unanimously
- Review action items – action items reviewed
- Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report – no report
- CTO Report – John described a day of discussion with Woody working on a phasing approach for online development of the new tooling plan.
- ArB Report – The ArB met last Thursday 11/20/08 to discuss issues with proceeding with the rollout of the SAEAF, and asked for TSC recommendations. It was questioned whether the TSC should develop a roadmap between the TSC, ArB, and Education committee for the responsibilities of each. It was decided that it would be a Monday night retreat topic in Orlando, and that the TSC members should read and review the Executive Summary impact statement. 
- Affiliates Report – Frank reported that the HL7 booth presence at the Medica trade fair was good. They care considering having booths at two different trade shows and must evaluate the expense of doing both.
- Domain Experts -
- Project Approval: ACS DAM R2 I1 (TSC Issue: 827) was tabled after much discussion revolving around the concept of a DAM as an HL7 product, whether it required a ballot, and what specifically the ACS DAM would offer for a marketing and usage plan. Suggestions were made to update the Project Scope Statement template for DAM projects to include a section on what it's marketing plan would be and what would happen after this project were finished, what the WG would take forward.
- Foundation & Technology – no report
- Structure & Semantic Design -
- Technical & Support Services - report 
- The evaluation with the website project has found the vendor's estimates to be too expensive. One alternative solution is it hire a developer. A large component of the cost is the evolution of the SharePoint site, as compared to the current ColdFusion.
- The SD recommended the Roadmap team divide their efforts by trimester rather than quarter.
- (30 min) Discussion topics
- Review draft mission/charter template (TSC Issue: 593) was approved unanimously. It was identified in discussion that each WG whose mission and charter does not conform to the revised template would make their revisions by attrition during their regular review cycle.
- Review comments of review of DMP (TSC Issue: 754). The updates on e-voting were forwarded to June; the discussion is tabled pending her revisions.
- Time did not permit review of further discussion topics.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:05 pm ET