From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 15:56, 23 October 2008 by Karenvan (talk | contribs) (→‎Agenda)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC - Technical Steering Committee

Monday, October 20, 2008 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5)
To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466#
GoToMeeting at
GoToMeeting ID: 822-618-174 

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas



  • CTO: John Quinn
  • Domain Experts: Jim Case (primary), Austin Kreisler (alternate)
  • Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
  • Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
  • Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
  • Affiliate: Frank Oemig,
  • ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
  • HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck


  • Charles Jaffe (CEO); Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Chuck Meyer (HL7 Vice Chair); Ed Tripp (newly elected TSC member); Ravi Natarajan (newly elected TSC member)


  • Woody Beeler - over Atlantic


  1. The Oct. 20 call was cancelled. An eVote will be taken on the motions put forward below.
  2. (5 min) Meeting Admin
    1. Roll Call - The following individuals joined the call:
    2. Accept Agenda -
    3. Approve Minutes from concall-20081006 -
  3. (20 min) Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
    1. CEO Report -
    2. CTO Report -
    3. ArB Report -
      • Recommendation for public posting/dispositioning of SAEAF document comments
    4. Affiliates Report -
    5. Domain Experts -
      • QUESTION - We have a work group that is considering creating a project to creat and ballot a HL7 2.3.1 Implementation Guide. Since 2.3.1 is no longer a supported HL7 version, should HL7 be balloting Implementation Guides for versions that are no longer supported?
      • MOTION by SD to approve the Tuberculosis DAM, R2 project [1]
      • MOTION by SD to approve the Composite Privacy Consent Directive, R1 project [2] - Note: The reference to "Consumer Information Accounts" was removed from this scope statement as "in error".
      • MOTION by SD to approve the Public Health Related CMETs project [3]
    6. Foundation & Technology -
      • MOTION by SD to approve RIM Annual Balloting Project - Issue 789 in TSC Tracker. This project was proposed to provide a yearly approved version of the RIM that may be reused by other SDO. While the RIM and its associated structural vocabulary changes will still be analyzed and approved during harmonziation, the approved changes will be made available to the HL7 membership for approval.
      • QUESTION It is unclear how this change will affect any open-source tooling that relies on the RIM or an external SDO that wishes to harmonized its information models with HL7. These are questions the TSC needs to answer.
    7. Structure & Semantic Design -
      • MOTION by SD to approve the Patient Administration Derived CMETs project [4]
      • MOTION by SD to approve the HL7 V3 Organization Registries, Release 2 topic within the Personnel Management domain [5]
      • MOTION by SD to approve the HL7 V3 Provider Registries Release 2 topic within Personnel Management domain [6]
      • MOTION by SD to approve the GELLO V1 Implementation Guide project [7]
      • MOTION by SD to approve HL7 EHR Clinical Research Functional Profile project [8]
      • MOTION by SD to approve Account and Billing CMETs project [9]
      • MOTION by SD to approve the Consumer Information Account project [10]
      • MOTION by the SD to approve the Common Clinical Project [11]
    8. Technical & Support Services -
      • Role of the SD Project Facilitator (TSC Issue: 756)
  4. (30 min) Discussion topics
    • Review of updated DMPs [12] - McCay
    • Identifying business in agendas for upcoming WGM - McCay (TSC Issue: 761)
    • Review draft mission/charter template - Case (TSC Issue: 593)[13]

Agenda item list (our sand box for future meetings)

Click for TSC Action Item List