Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, December 10th, 2007 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 702-894-2444 and enter pass code 1244667# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/822618174 GoToMeeting ID: 822-618-174
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- Chair: Charlie McCay
- CTO: John Quinn
- Domain Experts: Jim Case (primary), Austin Kreisler (alternate)
- Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
- Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
- Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
- Affiliate: Frank Oemig, Charlie McCay
- ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
- HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck
- Charles Jaffe (CE); Chuck Meyer (HL7 Chair); Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair Elect)
- (10 min) Meeting Admin
- Roll Call Ed Hammond, Ken McCaslin, Woody Beeler, Jim Case, Karen Van Hentenryck, Austin Kreisler, Calvin Beebe, John Quinn (chairing the call), Frank Oemig, Gregg Seppala, Charlie Mead, Ioana Singureanu, and Charlie McCay (joined late) were on the call.
- Accept Agenda MOTION by McCaslin: To accept the agenda; seconded by Case. Motion passed unanimously.
- Approve Minutes Concall-20071203 Motion by McCaslin: To accept the minutes, seconded by Charlie Mead. Motion passed unanimously.
- (10 min) Standing Committee Reports
- CEO Report - Dr. Jaffe was not on the call.
- CTO Report - Quinn reported that he has participated on a number of conference calls related to tooling and the scope for the tooling project. In Jan, the tooling group will present the scope and user requirements associated with tools. In the meantime, issues related to the tools continue to arise. We need a comprehensive plan and we are waiting to see how much OHT and IBM are going to contribute to this project. There is some concern from Quinn and Jaffe’s perspective regarding the contributions from the other participants in the OHT. We need support for backwards compatiblity and re-versioning.
- ARB report - Charlie Mead reported that there has been progress on getting the ARB members on place. Most of the steering division has submitted candidates and C. Mead has received confirmation from some of the candidate regarding their willingness to server. C. Mead also He has requests out to Renee Spronk and Ron Parker and Mead Walker has also agreed to serve. The goal is to have a group ready for the Jan WGM. Domain experts have also submitted a candidate. The goal for next week is to have a list of proposed candidates for the TSC to approve.
- Affiliates Report - Nothing to report.
- Domain Experts - Case reported that the Domain Experts steering division did not meet last week and there wasn’t much activitiy except work with RCRIM on new scope statements for ISO/CEN work that they are taking on.
- Foundation & Technology - Nothing to report.
- Structure & Semanic Design- Beebe reported that their steering division had some discussion regarding EHR profile and Templates tooling was discussed. They are also working on pulling together some additional requirements on Project Management.
- Technical & Support Services- McCaslin reported that still working on the mission/charter for the Project Services group. McCaslin will bring the updated document back to the TSC for review. Freida Hall has agreed to chair the committee for a one-year term, and McCaslin is seeking a second candidate to run for a two-year terms.
- (10 mins) TSC created committees - how should co-chairs be selected - McCaslin made a motion via the listserv on how to appoint co-chairs. When a committee like Project Services is kicked off, the TSC would appoint a co-chair and then allow committee to decide whether they want to elect co-chairs or have the TSC appoint them. Co-chairs terms would be two years. Question: Would this appointed co-chair be interim or are they serving a full two-year term? We need minimum of two people to serve as co-chairs. If we can’t find anyone to co-chair the committee, how important can it be. MOTION By McCaslin; seconded by Case. The motion passed unanimously. McCaslin noted that there are some committees, ESC being an example, where committees are electing co-chairs that should be ratified at the TSC level. MOTION by Case – for those TSC-appointed committees electing co-chairs, the TSC will ratify the elections; seconded by Beebe. This would be specific to the committees that were originally Board appointed committees. Quinn noted that some committees have co-chair elections that are highly contested and thus the elections need to be proctored. ACTION ITEM: Van Hentenryck will put together a schedule for the Jan meeting where elections will be proctored among TSC members. Motion passed with one abstention.
- (10 mins) Schema quality issue (woody)
- (10 mins) Product and Services Strategy input (Charlie)
- (10 min) issue review and processing
- Status of gForge Implementation -
- tsc issue review process