T3F - Transitional Technical Task Force
Tuesday Mar 6, 2007 12:00 PM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5)
- 1 Present
- 2 Approved Agenda
- 3 Next Meeting canceled
- 4 Review/Advance Recent T3F Actions with Regard to Technical Directorate
- 5 Agenda item list (our sand box for future meetings)
- 6 Click for T3F Action Item List
Beeler, Blobel, Buitendijk, Case, Hammond, Jaffe, Lorenzi, Parker, Walker
- (05 min) Roll Call & Accept agenda
- (50 min) Technical Directorate Review/Advance Recent T3F actions
- (25 min) Technical Directorate Responsibilities & Procedures
- (25 min) TD Sub-groups Names and Composition
- (05 min) Next Steps
Next Meeting canceled
Owing to the start of the HL7 Harmonization Meeting at the same time as the regular T3F Meeting, and the fact that several T3F members will be involved in Harmonization, the T3F Meeting for March 13, 2007 is canceled.
Review/Advance Recent T3F Actions with Regard to Technical Directorate
The T3F began to review decisions taken during the last two meetings (February 20 and February 27 with regard to the organization and groupings of the Technical Directorate. We benefited greatly from the participation in this meeting of Drs. Jaffe and Hammond who had not participated in the previous discussions.
Composition and Functioning of the TD
For this discussion, we used two documents -- The discussion in the minutes of February 20, and a revised TD Composition Chart prepared by Virginia Lorenzi. There was general agreement with the decisions of two-weeks ago, but we agreed to a few modifications as follows:
We agreed that the technical competence of the candidate was also a critical parameter. (This had been omitted in the earlier discussion only because it was an "unstated assumption" by most.) We agreed, then that this portion of the TD makeup should read:
The following are principles that should be applied in making a CTO selection, in this order:
- A proven consensus builder
- Someone who knows and is known to the HL7 Working Group
- Likely to have been a Co-Chair or “facilitator”, but not necessarily required
- Have a strong understanding or working knowledge of the technology that HL7 defines and is dependent upon.
Support Services representative
Given the decision last week to add "Direct Support" "sub-group" as part of the TD, this representative will be elected by the same pattern and protocol as the representatives from TD, SS and DE sub-groups. (This assertion needs to be verified in future meeting, and is added to "issues" list.)
Additional "roles" required in TD
In discussion it was suggested and agreed that the TD needs a designated Secretary (probably from among the staff participants), and a designated "Vice-Chair (perhaps elected by the TD) who can run meetings and take actions in the absence of the Chair.
Definition and Composition of TD "Sub-groups"
This portion of the discussion focused on the sub-group discussions from last weeks minutes was not contentious, but clearly the T3F has some unease with the way the committees are partitioned into sub-groups. No specific recommendations for change were offered, but the following points were discussed.