T3F - Transitional Technical Task Force
Tuesday Feb 06, 2007 12:00 PM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5)
Beeler, Blobel, Buitendijk, Case, Lorenzi, McCaslin, McCay
Review/update working items as:
- Review description of Technical Directorate from Strategic Task Force Documentation (http://www.hl7.org/rwj/documentcenter/Strategic%20Initiatives%20Recommendations%207-26-06.doc)
- An alternative description which may be more relevant and up to date is posted under the Governance page at: http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/sito/SIIP%20Transition%20View%20of%20Org%20Model%20(3).doc
- Review of TD functions from Charlie McCay
- Summary of various "organization charts" assembled by Virginia Lorenzi (in PowerPoint)
- Beginning sketch of Organizational relations by Craig Parker (in png)
- (05 min) Roll Call & Accept agenda
- (40 min) Technical Directorate Discussions
- (20 min) Aggregate and summarize TD responsibilities
- (20 min) Consider TD make-up and roles, including relationships to Board, CTO, TSC, and high-level groupings of TCs and SIGs
- (10 min)Document list
Technical Directorate Discussions
Aggregate and summarize TD responsibilities
Several participants had amended function list that we seek to refine. Among the discussion points for this list is:
- What is the TD role in identifying, managing and/or defining products going forward?
- Action: Ask the Products and Services SI group their view on this.
- Agreed: The TD must have a role in accepting the Products it believes it can execute based on resources, architecture, coherency, etc.
- Long-term, who will define Products?
- What is role of TD in re other tasks such as Education, PR, Marketing
- What is the relationship of the TD to Supporting tasks -- PMO, Publication, Electronic services, Tools, etc.?
- Note: Representation (voting or not) from the two above is essential to TD functioning
Consider TD make-up and roles