2018-06-25 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
. Austin Kreisler . Tony Julian . Jean Duteau . John Roberts, GOM Expert
. Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli . Ken McCaslin
Clinical Infrastructure Administrative Organizational Support
. Melva Peters . Russ Hamm . Austin Kreisler . Andy Stechishin
. Floyd Eisenberg . Paul Knapp . Mary Kay McDaniel . Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .


  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-06-18 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    • SDs are invited to submit input to organizational SWOT by 2018-06-25
    • Austin to stand up a naming convention task force
      • First meeting will occur today
    • Austin to craft co-chair messaging on the formal process of redirecting ballot comments
    • John to get the process for redirecting ballot comments onto the GOC agenda
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion
    1. Project Approval Request by the Financial Management WG of the Administrative SD for FHIR Implementation Guide for Coverage Requirements Discovery at Project Insight 1428 and TSC Tracker 17371
      • Referred by Clinical SD: The project does not include an option of the ability of the payer to provide a clinical decision support artifact to enable direct query to the patient record to determine if eligibility requirements are met. The project assumes the common use case of human review and intervention based on content received. That is ok but executable content should not be ignored as a potential use of the same information transfer as a future consideration. And CDS should be checked as a potential product since HL7 cds Standards could be included. Might as for review by the project team or vote No for this reason.
    2. Review/Comment on Proposed Mission and Charter Template for Steering Divisions
      • Referred by Clinical SD: Missing SAIF statement, e.g., [Steering Divison] develops specifications using the principles and language of the Services Aware Interoperability Framework (SAIF) Canonical Definition (CD).
    3. Review/Approve Updated Withdrawal Request Template
      • Referred by ARB: 1.Why isn't it in confluence if that is our direction? 2. If you are going to incorporate "Check boxes form fields" in a word document, please: a. Make all of the entry spaces Form fields or b:leave them as simple empty table. "De-affirmation" ballot is a limited scope ballot to request voters to approve the withdrawal of the published artifact, following regular HL7 NIB and ballot processes" IMHO: If we balloted it, whether it got officially published or not, it needs to take the same steps to withdraw. In the eyes of the community, if it passed ballot, it exists. Does not account for 'Whitepaper', which is a whole category defined in the GOM.
    4. Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the Administrative SD for Attachments Frequently asked Questions (FAQ) living document at Project Insight 1415 and TSC Tracker 17372
      • Referred by ARB
    5. Review/Comment on Board Strategic Goals
      • Referred by ARB: "Establish FHIR as the primary standard for global health data interoperability." Effectively tells the community that all of the other work is no longer supported. FHIR is not mature enough. If this is in fact the direction, why would one remain an HL7 member unless they are on FHIR? The use case of large-scale implementation has not been achieved. 99% of our day-to-day operations are V2, and if HL7 is committing all of the resources to FHIR, then there is no perceived organizational support.
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote: Quorum not yet achieved
    1. Normative Publication Request by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Decision Support Service Release 2, Normative Standard Release 1 at Project Insight 1015 and TSC Tracker 17369
    2. Normative Publication Request by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Normative Standard Release 2 at Project Insight 1017 and TSC Tracker 17370
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Informative Publication Request for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Supplemental QRDA Clinical Quality Data Sharing User Guide, Release 1
    2. STU Publication Request for HL7 CDA R2 Implementation Guide: C-CDA R2.1 Supplemental Templates for Nutrition, Release 1
    3. Project Approval Request for Bidirectional Services eReferrals (BSeR)
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Recommendation from SGB to add Raychelle Fernandez to CDAMG
    2. September HL7 newsletter submission by Steve Hufnagel
      • Options include:
        • Not publishing it this cycle
        • Editing it
        • Adding a disclaimer that the approach has not yet been fully vetted or approved by the TSC
    3. TSC SWOT
      • Continued discussion of Board's strategic goals
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Communicate/circulate definition of IGs to product family management groups
    • JIRA requirements to handle redirection of ballot comments
    • Balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR
    • WG Health task force
    • Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    • Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    • From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    • Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    • Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    • Look at ways to determine if projects coming in are HL7-appropriate projects from a resource and scope standpoint - ARB to comment if our current process is comprehensive
    • Interest/User Groups
    • Substantive change/management group responsibilities


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.