Difference between revisions of "2018-01-29 DESD WGM Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
| style="vertical-align:top; width:50%" | <!-- LEFT COLUMN -->
 
| style="vertical-align:top; width:50%" | <!-- LEFT COLUMN -->
  
==THIS WIKI PAGE IS A TEMPLATE TO BE COMPLETED DURING THE DESD MEETING JANUARY 29, 2018 EVENING==
 
 
__TOC__
 
__TOC__
  
Line 47: Line 46:
 
| John Walsh||Anesthesia||Sep 2019||
 
| John Walsh||Anesthesia||Sep 2019||
 
|-
 
|-
| Durwin Day||Attachments||Jan 2018||
+
| Durwin Day||Attachments||Jan 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Craig Gabron||Attachments||Jan 2019||
 
| Craig Gabron||Attachments||Jan 2019||
 
|-
 
|-
| Christol Green||Attachments||Jan 2018||
+
| Christol Green||Attachments||Jan 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
| Edward Helton||Biomedical Research and Regulation||May 2019||
+
| Edward Helton||Biomedical Research and Regulation||May 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| John Kiser||Biomedical Research and Regulation||Jan 2018||
 
| John Kiser||Biomedical Research and Regulation||Jan 2018||
Line 59: Line 58:
 
| Vada Perkins||Biomedical Research and Regulation||May 2019||
 
| Vada Perkins||Biomedical Research and Regulation||May 2019||
 
|-
 
|-
| Boris Brodsky|| Biomedical Research and Regulation||Sep 2019||
+
| Boris Brodsky|| Biomedical Research and Regulation||Sep 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Gil Alterovitz||Clinical Genomics||Jan 2018||
 
| Gil Alterovitz||Clinical Genomics||Jan 2018||
 
|-
 
|-
| Bob Milius||Clinical Genomics||Sep 2018||
+
| Bob Milius||Clinical Genomics||Sep 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Amnon Shabo||Clinical Genomics||May 2018||
 
| Amnon Shabo||Clinical Genomics||May 2018||
 
|-
 
|-
| Robert Freimuth||Clinical Genomics||Jan 2019||
+
| Robert Freimuth||Clinical Genomics||Jan 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
| Kevin Power||Clinical Genomics||Jan 2019||
+
| Kevin Power||Clinical Genomics||Jan 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Russell Leftwich||Clinical Interoperability Council||Sep 2018||
 
| Russell Leftwich||Clinical Interoperability Council||Sep 2018||
 
|-
 
|-
| Mitra Rocca||Clinical Interoperability Council||Jan 2019||
+
| Mitra Rocca||Clinical Interoperability Council||Jan 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Laura Heermann Langford||Clinical Interoperability Council||Sep 2019||
 
| Laura Heermann Langford||Clinical Interoperability Council||Sep 2019||
 
|-
 
|-
| Amy Nordo||Clinical Interoperability Council||Jan 2018||
+
| Amy Nordo||Clinical Interoperability Council||Jan 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Patricia Craig||Clinical Quality Information||Sep 2019||
 
| Patricia Craig||Clinical Quality Information||Sep 2019||
 
|-
 
|-
| Floyd Eisenberg||Clinical Quality Information||May 2018||
+
| Floyd Eisenberg||Clinical Quality Information||May 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Yan Heras||Clinical Quality Information||May 2019||
 
| Yan Heras||Clinical Quality Information||May 2019||
Line 87: Line 86:
 
| Kanwarpreet Sethi||Clinical Quality Information||May 2019||  
 
| Kanwarpreet Sethi||Clinical Quality Information||May 2019||  
 
|-
 
|-
| Walter Suarez||Clinical Quality Information||May 2018||
+
| Walter Suarez||Clinical Quality Information||May 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Jonathan Coleman||Community Based Care and Privacy||Sep 2018||
 
| Jonathan Coleman||Community Based Care and Privacy||Sep 2018||
 
|-
 
|-
| James Kretz||Community Based Care and Privacy||May 2018||
+
| James Kretz||Community Based Care and Privacy||May 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
| David Pyke||Community Based Care and Privacy||Sep 2018||
+
| David Pyke||Community Based Care and Privacy||Sep 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
| Suzanne Gonzales-Web||Community Based Care and Privacy||Jan 2018||
+
| Suzanne Gonzales-Web||Community Based Care and Privacy||Jan 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
| Melva Peters||Domain Experts Steering Division||Dec 2018||
+
| Melva Peters||Domain Experts Steering Division||Dec 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
| Floyd Eisenberg||Domain Experts Steering Division||Dec 2019||
+
| Floyd Eisenberg||Domain Experts Steering Division||Dec 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Dominik Brammen||Emergency Care||Sep 2018||
 
| Dominik Brammen||Emergency Care||Sep 2018||
Line 105: Line 104:
 
| Laura Heermann Langford||Emergency Care||Jan 2018||
 
| Laura Heermann Langford||Emergency Care||Jan 2018||
 
|-
 
|-
| James McClay||Emergency Care||Sep 2019||
+
| James McClay||Emergency Care||Sep 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Todd Cooper||Health Care Devices||Jan 2018||
 
| Todd Cooper||Health Care Devices||Jan 2018||
Line 111: Line 110:
 
| Chris Courville||Health Care Devices||Jan 2019||
 
| Chris Courville||Health Care Devices||Jan 2019||
 
|-
 
|-
| John Garguilo||Health Care Devices||Sep 2018||
+
| John Garguilo||Health Care Devices||Sep 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
| John Rhoads||Health Care Devices||May 2018||
+
| John Rhoads||Health Care Devices||May 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Russell Leftwich||Learning Health Systems||Sep 2018||
 
| Russell Leftwich||Learning Health Systems||Sep 2018||
 
|-
 
|-
| John Roberts||Learning Health Systems||Sep 2019||
+
| John Roberts||Learning Health Systems||Sep 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Stephen Chu||Patient Care||May 2018||
 
| Stephen Chu||Patient Care||May 2018||
Line 123: Line 122:
 
| Laura Heermann Langford||Patient Care||Sep 2019||
 
| Laura Heermann Langford||Patient Care||Sep 2019||
 
|-
 
|-
| Emma Jones||Patient Care||May 2019||
+
| Michael Padula||Patient Care||Sep 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
| Jay Lyle||Patient Care||Jan 2018||
+
| Emma Jones||Patient Care||May 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
| Michelle Miller||Patient Care||May 2019||
+
| Jay Lyle||Anesthesiology||Jan 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
| Michael Tan||Patient Care||Sep 2019||
+
| Michelle Miller||Patient Care||May 2019||x
 +
|-
 +
| Michael Tan||Patient Care||Sep 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Jean Duteau||Pharmacy||May 2019||
 
| Jean Duteau||Pharmacy||May 2019||
 
|-
 
|-
| John Hatem||Pharmacy||Sep 2019||
+
| John Hatem||Pharmacy||Sep 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Melva Peters||Pharmacy||Sep 2019||
 
| Melva Peters||Pharmacy||Sep 2019||
 
|-
 
|-
| Scott Robertson||Pharmacy||May 2019||
+
| Scott Robertson||Pharmacy||May 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
| Erin Holt||Public Health||Jan 2019||
+
| Erin Holt||Public Health||Jan 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
| Nell Lapres||Public Health||Sep 2018||
+
| Nell Lapres||Public Health||Sep 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
| Joginder Madra||Public Health||Sep 2018||
+
| Joginder Madra||Public Health||Sep 2018||x
 
|-
 
|-
| Craig Newman||Public Health||Sep 2019||
+
| Craig Newman||Public Health||Sep 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
| Laura Rappleye||Public Health||Sep 2019||
+
| Laura Rappleye||Public Health||Sep 2019||x
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}
  
 
===Roll call===
 
===Roll call===
* x Work Groups represented out of 13 Work Groups
+
* 13 Work Groups represented out of 13 Work Groups
** x Work Group not represented
+
** 0 Work Group not represented
  
 
===Introduction of Guests===
 
===Introduction of Guests===
Line 161: Line 162:
 
===Approval of Minutes from Madrid Meeting===
 
===Approval of Minutes from Madrid Meeting===
 
* [http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=2017-09-11_DESD_WGM_Minutes San Diego Sept 2017 Minutes]
 
* [http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=2017-09-11_DESD_WGM_Minutes San Diego Sept 2017 Minutes]
 
+
* David Pyke moved to approve the minutes from the Madrid meeting, Ed Helton seconded. None opposed, none abstained, 13 workgroups present voted affirmative
 
===Announcements===
 
===Announcements===
 
*
 
*
  
====Co-Chair Elections - January 2019 ====
+
====Co-Chair Elections - January 2018 ====
 
* The following WGs are electing co-chairs this WGM:  
 
* The following WGs are electing co-chairs this WGM:  
**
+
** Anesthesia
 +
** Attachments
 +
** Biomedical Research and Regulation
 +
** Clinical Genomics
 +
** Clinical Interoperability Council
 +
** Emergency Care
 +
** Health Care Devices
 +
** Patient Care
 +
 
 
* Election Process
 
* Election Process
 
**Election Runner allows each HL7 member subscribed to the main Work Group listserv by Wednesday, January 24, to vote in the co-chair election, regardless of whether you attend the Working Group Meeting. If you cannot attend the WGM but wish to submit a vote for co-chair, do NOT submit an absentee ballot to Linda Jenkins. Any absentee ballots for the co-chair election submitted to Linda Jenkins will not be counted.
 
**Election Runner allows each HL7 member subscribed to the main Work Group listserv by Wednesday, January 24, to vote in the co-chair election, regardless of whether you attend the Working Group Meeting. If you cannot attend the WGM but wish to submit a vote for co-chair, do NOT submit an absentee ballot to Linda Jenkins. Any absentee ballots for the co-chair election submitted to Linda Jenkins will not be counted.
Line 174: Line 183:
 
**Election results will be announced on Wednesday evening to all HL7 members per our usual procedure.
 
**Election results will be announced on Wednesday evening to all HL7 members per our usual procedure.
  
====Co-Chair Elections May 2019 ====
+
====Co-Chair Elections May 2018 ====
* TBD - Deadline to notify HQ of additions/changes/corrections to co-chair openings
+
* February 16, 2018 - Deadline to notify HQ of additions/changes/corrections to co-chair openings
* TBD - Call for nominations
+
* February 21, 2018 - Call for nominations
* TBD - Nominations close at 5:00 p.m. ET
+
* March 23, 2018 - Nominations close at 5:00 p.m. ET
* TBD - Co-chair statements due by 5:00 p.m. ET
+
* April 6, 2018 - Co-chair statements due by 5:00 p.m. ET
* TBD - Co-chair statements e-mailed to membership
+
* April 11, 2018 - Co-chair statements e-mailed to membership
 
   
 
   
 
*All individuals interested in running must submit a nomination, including current and interim co-chairs.
 
*All individuals interested in running must submit a nomination, including current and interim co-chairs.
Line 187: Line 196:
  
 
===Reminders===
 
===Reminders===
* May WGM Room Requests - Due TBD
+
* May WGM Room Requests - Due within 2 weeks of the end of the New Orleans WGM
 
** To request meeting room space or respond to a join request, a Co-Chair from each Work Group must go online to the WGM Room Request Application located on the Co-Chair Utilities page at www.HL7.org > Resources > Work Groups > TSC > Utilities > WGM Room Request.
 
** To request meeting room space or respond to a join request, a Co-Chair from each Work Group must go online to the WGM Room Request Application located on the Co-Chair Utilities page at www.HL7.org > Resources > Work Groups > TSC > Utilities > WGM Room Request.
 
* WGM Minutes must be posted by TBD
 
* WGM Minutes must be posted by TBD
Line 216: Line 225:
  
 
===New Business===
 
===New Business===
* New process for DMP
+
* New process for DMP - email sent by Karen Van - need to review in each WG with decision about potential changes to areas outlined in the template provided by Karen by the May 2018 meeting
 
* Work Group Health Vitality Assessment
 
* Work Group Health Vitality Assessment
** Seeking interested parties
+
** Seeking interested parties - DESD members asked to notify Melva if interested
 +
 
 +
* Review New TSC structure proposal - there will still be four steering divisions
 +
** DESD will be renamed Clinical
 +
** Structured and Semantic Design - will be renamed Administrative
 +
** Foundations and Technology will be Infrastructure
 +
** Technical and Support Service will be Organizational Support
 +
 
 +
* Potential changes to steering division membership:
 +
** Attachments and Health Care Devices - consider moving to Infrastructure
 +
** Clinical Decision Support, Clinical Statement and Orders and Observations consider moving to Clinical
 +
 
 +
** Balancing steering divisions - the 4 steering divisions will not be fully balanced, but the new suggested moves will be more consistent with scope
 +
** The new organization will require update to DESD mission and charter
  
 
====Project Scope Statement Votes====
 
====Project Scope Statement Votes====
Line 224: Line 246:
 
** Guidance on Implementation of Standard Electronic Attachments for Health Care Transitions (ACP)
 
** Guidance on Implementation of Standard Electronic Attachments for Health Care Transitions (ACP)
 
*** [https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/desd/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2FDocuments%2FProjectScopeStatements%2F2018%2FHL7%2520Project%2520Scope%2520Statement%2520PI%25201389.docx AWG PSS]
 
*** [https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/desd/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2FDocuments%2FProjectScopeStatements%2F2018%2FHL7%2520Project%2520Scope%2520Statement%2520PI%25201389.docx AWG PSS]
 +
**Discussion: Attachment Collaboration Project - Collaboration among HL7, WEDI and X12 - presented by Durwin Day - This is an informative document rather than a white paper. White paper is reserved for papers produced under the auspices of a WG. Some of the dates need to be updated for approvals.
 +
** Motion to approve the PSS pending the WG submitting the PSS with approval date - Durwin Day seconded. None opposed, No abstensions, Motion carries, approved by the 13 WGs present
 +
 
* CIC WG
 
* CIC WG
 
** Common Clinical Registry Framework: Common Data Elements for Registries
 
** Common Clinical Registry Framework: Common Data Elements for Registries
 
***[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/desd/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2FDocuments%2FProjectScopeStatements%2F2018%2FHL7%2520PSS%2520-%2520CCRF%2520CDEs%2520Jan%252024%25202018.docx CIC WG PSS]
 
***[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/desd/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2FDocuments%2FProjectScopeStatements%2F2018%2FHL7%2520PSS%2520-%2520CCRF%2520CDEs%2520Jan%252024%25202018.docx CIC WG PSS]
 +
*** CIC presented the PSS - Update the Common Clinical Registry Framework DAM as an informative ballot with common data elements. Walter Suarez suggested that CQI might want to be a co-sponsor; CQI will need to review and vote on the PSS to be added as a co-sponsor. CIC also needs to update some of the scope with respect to providing a DAM Vs. an informative document. Also questioned is the universal domain. Most of the content is US-based. Some of the work is based on activities in Belgium, but it is still being constrained for the US realm. If it is US Realm specific, it will need to go through the US Realm Steering Committee before coming back to DESD for approval.  The discussion was tabled pending update to the PSS and an eVote will be scheduled once the updated PPS is received.
 
* Pharmacy WG
 
* Pharmacy WG
 
** US Medications Implementation Guide Update – Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
 
** US Medications Implementation Guide Update – Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
 
***[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/desd/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Ftrunk%2FDocuments%2FProjectScopeStatements%2F2018%2FPharmacy_PDMP_HL7%2520Project%2520Scope%2520Statement%2520v1.1_JAN_2018.docx&view=log PDMP Project]
 
***[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/desd/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Ftrunk%2FDocuments%2FProjectScopeStatements%2F2018%2FPharmacy_PDMP_HL7%2520Project%2520Scope%2520Statement%2520v1.1_JAN_2018.docx&view=log PDMP Project]
 +
*** Melva Peters presented the PPS. It addresses mapping for the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) into the FHIR specification and putting it into the US Meds Implementation Guide. It is US Realm and may include some change requirements for US Core. The project will require approval by US Realm and FMG. Public Health requested consideration as a co-sponsor. Decision is tabled for subsequent consideration and eVote.
  
 
====DESD Governance====
 
====DESD Governance====
 +
* No addit
  
 
===Supporting Documents===
 
===Supporting Documents===
Line 237: Line 265:
  
 
=== Adjournment===
 
=== Adjournment===
 +
* With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:45 PM CST.
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  

Latest revision as of 19:15, 5 February 2018

Related Links

Minutes - D R A F T

HL7 DESD Agenda

Location: Blanco

Date: 2017-05-08
Time: 7:00 - 8:30 pm local time
Facilitator TBD Note taker(s) TBD
Name Affiliation Term Expires Attending
Martin Hurrell Anesthesia Jan 2018
Ellen Torres Anesthesia May 2019
John Walsh Anesthesia Sep 2019
Durwin Day Attachments Jan 2018 x
Craig Gabron Attachments Jan 2019
Christol Green Attachments Jan 2018 x
Edward Helton Biomedical Research and Regulation May 2019 x
John Kiser Biomedical Research and Regulation Jan 2018
Vada Perkins Biomedical Research and Regulation May 2019
Boris Brodsky Biomedical Research and Regulation Sep 2019 x
Gil Alterovitz Clinical Genomics Jan 2018
Bob Milius Clinical Genomics Sep 2018 x
Amnon Shabo Clinical Genomics May 2018
Robert Freimuth Clinical Genomics Jan 2019 x
Kevin Power Clinical Genomics Jan 2019 x
Russell Leftwich Clinical Interoperability Council Sep 2018
Mitra Rocca Clinical Interoperability Council Jan 2019 x
Laura Heermann Langford Clinical Interoperability Council Sep 2019
Amy Nordo Clinical Interoperability Council Jan 2018 x
Patricia Craig Clinical Quality Information Sep 2019
Floyd Eisenberg Clinical Quality Information May 2018 x
Yan Heras Clinical Quality Information May 2019
Kanwarpreet Sethi Clinical Quality Information May 2019
Walter Suarez Clinical Quality Information May 2018 x
Jonathan Coleman Community Based Care and Privacy Sep 2018
James Kretz Community Based Care and Privacy May 2018 x
David Pyke Community Based Care and Privacy Sep 2018 x
Suzanne Gonzales-Web Community Based Care and Privacy Jan 2018 x
Melva Peters Domain Experts Steering Division Dec 2018 x
Floyd Eisenberg Domain Experts Steering Division Dec 2019 x
Dominik Brammen Emergency Care Sep 2018
Laura Heermann Langford Emergency Care Jan 2018
James McClay Emergency Care Sep 2019 x
Todd Cooper Health Care Devices Jan 2018
Chris Courville Health Care Devices Jan 2019
John Garguilo Health Care Devices Sep 2018 x
John Rhoads Health Care Devices May 2018 x
Russell Leftwich Learning Health Systems Sep 2018
John Roberts Learning Health Systems Sep 2019 x
Stephen Chu Patient Care May 2018
Laura Heermann Langford Patient Care Sep 2019
Michael Padula Patient Care Sep 2019 x
Emma Jones Patient Care May 2019 x
Jay Lyle Anesthesiology Jan 2018 x
Michelle Miller Patient Care May 2019 x
Michael Tan Patient Care Sep 2019 x
Jean Duteau Pharmacy May 2019
John Hatem Pharmacy Sep 2019 x
Melva Peters Pharmacy Sep 2019
Scott Robertson Pharmacy May 2019 x
Erin Holt Public Health Jan 2019 x
Nell Lapres Public Health Sep 2018 x
Joginder Madra Public Health Sep 2018 x
Craig Newman Public Health Sep 2019 x
Laura Rappleye Public Health Sep 2019 x

Roll call

  • 13 Work Groups represented out of 13 Work Groups
    • 0 Work Group not represented

Introduction of Guests

Review Agenda

Approval of Minutes from Madrid Meeting

  • San Diego Sept 2017 Minutes
  • David Pyke moved to approve the minutes from the Madrid meeting, Ed Helton seconded. None opposed, none abstained, 13 workgroups present voted affirmative

Announcements

Co-Chair Elections - January 2018

  • The following WGs are electing co-chairs this WGM:
    • Anesthesia
    • Attachments
    • Biomedical Research and Regulation
    • Clinical Genomics
    • Clinical Interoperability Council
    • Emergency Care
    • Health Care Devices
    • Patient Care
  • Election Process
    • Election Runner allows each HL7 member subscribed to the main Work Group listserv by Wednesday, January 24, to vote in the co-chair election, regardless of whether you attend the Working Group Meeting. If you cannot attend the WGM but wish to submit a vote for co-chair, do NOT submit an absentee ballot to Linda Jenkins. Any absentee ballots for the co-chair election submitted to Linda Jenkins will not be counted.
    • To be an eligible voter in the election you must be a member and subscribed to the main listserv via the same email that is in our membership database. Eligible voters will receive an email from Election Runner on Monday morning, January 29, with a link for accessing the co-chair election site. Election Runner assigns a unique key and ID to each eligible voter and accepts only one vote submission per link (so forwarding the link to someone who shouldn’t participate won’t work).
    • The election will be open 9 am Central Time on January 29 through 5 pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, January 31. You may submit your vote anytime during that timeframe.
    • Election results will be announced on Wednesday evening to all HL7 members per our usual procedure.

Co-Chair Elections May 2018

  • February 16, 2018 - Deadline to notify HQ of additions/changes/corrections to co-chair openings
  • February 21, 2018 - Call for nominations
  • March 23, 2018 - Nominations close at 5:00 p.m. ET
  • April 6, 2018 - Co-chair statements due by 5:00 p.m. ET
  • April 11, 2018 - Co-chair statements e-mailed to membership
  • All individuals interested in running must submit a nomination, including current and interim co-chairs.
  • Co-chairs must maintain their membership throughout their term. Section 09.02.04.04 of the GOM states “Should a seated co-chair experience a change in membership status due to either the loss of individual membership or loss of membership by their organization or Affiliate; that individual shall immediately step down from the position of co-chair.” Co-chairs that do not renew their membership will receive notification that they need to renew ASAP. If they do not renew, the co-chairs of the appropriate work group will be notified that the position is up for interim election then regular election at the next WGM.
  • Work Groups:

Reminders

  • May WGM Room Requests - Due within 2 weeks of the end of the New Orleans WGM
    • To request meeting room space or respond to a join request, a Co-Chair from each Work Group must go online to the WGM Room Request Application located on the Co-Chair Utilities page at www.HL7.org > Resources > Work Groups > TSC > Utilities > WGM Room Request.
  • WGM Minutes must be posted by TBD

Project Scope Statement Submission Deadline

  • Must submit PSS to PMO and Steering Division - Sunday, February 11, 2018
    • Work Groups will need to monitor the progress of their scope statements to ensure that they obtain the necessary US Realm Steering Committee, FMG, Steering Division and TSC approvals before the ballot opening date of April 6, 2018.
  • Submit Notice of Intent to Ballot - February 25, 2018
  • Please use the latest version of the Project Scope Statement template: v2017 is available at www.HL7.org > Resources > Templates > Project Scope Statement and Project Approval Process.

Updates from the TSC

Work Group Health Review

  • WG Health January 2018 DESD
  • Congratulations to the following WGs:
    • Clinical Genomics
    • Clinical Quality Information
    • Community Based Care & Privacy
    • Emergency Care
    • Health Care Devices
    • Patient Care
    • Public Health
    • Pharmacy
  • No WGs in DESD were in the red this cycle - Congratulations to everyone!

PBS Metric Review

New Business

  • New process for DMP - email sent by Karen Van - need to review in each WG with decision about potential changes to areas outlined in the template provided by Karen by the May 2018 meeting
  • Work Group Health Vitality Assessment
    • Seeking interested parties - DESD members asked to notify Melva if interested
  • Review New TSC structure proposal - there will still be four steering divisions
    • DESD will be renamed Clinical
    • Structured and Semantic Design - will be renamed Administrative
    • Foundations and Technology will be Infrastructure
    • Technical and Support Service will be Organizational Support
  • Potential changes to steering division membership:
    • Attachments and Health Care Devices - consider moving to Infrastructure
    • Clinical Decision Support, Clinical Statement and Orders and Observations consider moving to Clinical
    • Balancing steering divisions - the 4 steering divisions will not be fully balanced, but the new suggested moves will be more consistent with scope
    • The new organization will require update to DESD mission and charter

Project Scope Statement Votes

  • Attachments WG
    • Guidance on Implementation of Standard Electronic Attachments for Health Care Transitions (ACP)
    • Discussion: Attachment Collaboration Project - Collaboration among HL7, WEDI and X12 - presented by Durwin Day - This is an informative document rather than a white paper. White paper is reserved for papers produced under the auspices of a WG. Some of the dates need to be updated for approvals.
    • Motion to approve the PSS pending the WG submitting the PSS with approval date - Durwin Day seconded. None opposed, No abstensions, Motion carries, approved by the 13 WGs present
  • CIC WG
    • Common Clinical Registry Framework: Common Data Elements for Registries
      • CIC WG PSS
      • CIC presented the PSS - Update the Common Clinical Registry Framework DAM as an informative ballot with common data elements. Walter Suarez suggested that CQI might want to be a co-sponsor; CQI will need to review and vote on the PSS to be added as a co-sponsor. CIC also needs to update some of the scope with respect to providing a DAM Vs. an informative document. Also questioned is the universal domain. Most of the content is US-based. Some of the work is based on activities in Belgium, but it is still being constrained for the US realm. If it is US Realm specific, it will need to go through the US Realm Steering Committee before coming back to DESD for approval. The discussion was tabled pending update to the PSS and an eVote will be scheduled once the updated PPS is received.
  • Pharmacy WG
    • US Medications Implementation Guide Update – Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
      • PDMP Project
      • Melva Peters presented the PPS. It addresses mapping for the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) into the FHIR specification and putting it into the US Meds Implementation Guide. It is US Realm and may include some change requirements for US Core. The project will require approval by US Realm and FMG. Public Health requested consideration as a co-sponsor. Decision is tabled for subsequent consideration and eVote.

DESD Governance

  • No addit

Supporting Documents

  • See links above - hard copies will not be provided

Adjournment

  • With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:45 PM CST.
Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)


Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items