Difference between revisions of "2016-09-22 TSC WGM Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
Line 48: Line 48:
 
|x||Ken McCaslin (Chair)
 
|x||Ken McCaslin (Chair)
 
|-
 
|-
|x||Anne Wizauer(scribe, non-voting)||HL7 HQ
+
|x||Anne Wizauer (scribe, non-voting)||HL7 HQ
 
|-
 
|-
 
|x||Melva Peters||HL7 DESD Co-Chair
 
|x||Melva Peters||HL7 DESD Co-Chair

Latest revision as of 18:44, 29 September 2016

TSC Thursday meeting for Baltimore WGM

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas

TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location:

Date: 2016-09-22
Time: 7:00 am Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
Woody Beeler TSC Member Emeritus
x Giorgio Cangioli HL7 Affiliate Representative
Lorraine Constable HL7 ARB Co-Chair
x Gora Datta HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Jean Duteau HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Freida Hall Adhoc Member - GOM Expert
Russ Hamm HL7 FTSD Co-chair
Stan Huff HL7 Immediate Past Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)
Chuck Jaffe HL7 CEO (member ex officio w/o vote)
Tony Julian HL7 ARB Co-Chair
x Paul Knapp HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler Adhoc Member
x Wayne Kubick HL7 CTO (TSC member ex officio w/vote)
x Ken McCaslin (Chair)
x Anne Wizauer (scribe, non-voting) HL7 HQ
x Melva Peters HL7 DESD Co-Chair
x John Roberts HL7 DESD Co-chair
Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Sandra Stuart HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Pat Van Dyke HL7 Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)
Quorum Requirements (Co-chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes/No)

Agenda Topics

  1. European eHealth projects (Giorgio)
  2. V3 currently published under ANSI continuous maintenance; discuss transitioning to periodic maintenance
  3. Any updates from SGB
  4. Scheduled updates:
    • (September) Review TSC SWOT

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • No meeting on Monday. Will still hold e-vote.
    • ACTION: Anne to send out any items on e-vote
    • Move SGB update to that call, as well as SWOT
  • European eHealth projects (Giorgio)
    • Question is how to transmit IDMP attributes and identifiers using v2 or FHIR?
      • There is a FHIR example using SNOMED for substance. Melva states none of these requirements have come to Pharmacy. Giorgio states a next step is to create a PSS with RCRIM and Pharmacy. Calvin notes that if you’re looking at FHIR you have to go through Pharmacy. Melva advises to come to Pharmacy to get it moving. Wayne will coordinate with Giorgio and Melva later today to discuss current FDA work.
      • Giorgio describes International Patient Summary. Three projects underway: JIC Standards Sets, INTERPAS, and CEN/TC 251 IPS Project. These projects need to be aligned. Discussion over what roles each are playing in the development. Discussion over the SAIF interoperability matrix. Funding managed by HL7 Germany to support attendance and participation in upcoming coordination meeting. Decision to continue informally unless there’s an issue.

John Roberts, Wayne, Gora arrive

  • V3 currently published under ANSI continuous maintenance; discuss transitioning to periodic maintenance
    • Most of our standards are under periodic maintenance. Freida: Would we still have RIM changes? We’d ballot every five years. Austin states the part of V3 that is under continuous maintenance is the RIM. The machine processable parts get updated. Ken: Could we publish as errata until we have so many changes is makes sense to reballot? How often must we ballot with periodic maintenance? RIM has the potential of changing up to 3 times a year because of harmonization. Calvin: Could we take this to the facilitator roundtable to ask about impact?
      • ACTION: Wayne and Calvin will attend the roundtable to ask the question
      • ACTION: Add to 2016-10-03 agenda
    • Paul: In workflow meeting, Paul was surprised to hear that only 6-8% had read the specification. When we ballot individual things, we can see whether or not we’re getting participation. When we ballot things in aggregate, there is no assurance. It is a risk and has plagued us for a long time. The issue is that they only read a sliver but the whole thing is being balloted. Wayne suggests we develop a guide to describe proper behavior. John: A related thing is balloters saying they voted the same way another balloter voted – block voting. Freida: They do that because we insist that people from the same organization don’t make the same comment.
  • Any updates from SGB
    • SGB working on precepts, role of product directors
  • Adjourned at 8:03 pm Eastern


Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .