2016-08-08 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 14:47, 5 August 2016 by Dhamill (talk | contribs) (→‎Agenda)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-08-08
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
. Ken McCaslin . Tony Julian . Jean Duteau . Austin Kreisler
. Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli . Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
. Melva Peters . Russ Hamm . Calvin Beebe . Andy Stechishin
. John Roberts . Paul Knapp . Gora Datta . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Lynn Laakso
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-08-01 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval Items from previous weeks with followup:
    • Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD of HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model – Update from Release 1 to Release 2 format at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10253
      • Freida: Does this need to be a Joint Initiative Council (JIC) ballot if it is going to ISO? JointInitiativeCouncil.org mentions HL7-ISO Pilot Agreement and joint copyright in §5.b
        • ACTION: Wayne to contact Ed as he is the formal HL7 rep to ISO
  6. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
  7. Approval items for this week:
  8. Discussion topics:
    • Introduction of proposed GOM changes - Freida
    • PLA update activity since last WGM - Calvin, Mary Kay
    • Introduction of SGB topic to TSC: Standardization of logging issues/comments across standards - Paul, Calvin, Lorraine
  9. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  10. Parking Lot/Open Issues List
    • SeptemberWGM prep
    • HL7 documentation formats across standards families - followup from 6-27 call with associated document
    • Assignment of outside projects to WGs:
      • 1) We need a process for Universal realm projects; 2) We need a model for top down approval process; 3) We need advice published for people coming in with a project from the outside; 4: we need to clearly define role of TSC and steering divisions in this process. Calvin: US Realm should be added to the list for the US things.
    • Continue work on multi-year planning items:
      • Simplification of location of meeting notifications, minutes, agendas, and other documentation - merged with Standardization of Processes Across WGs
      • Evaluate WG/SD structure: Melva, John, Russ
      • Evaluate opportunities for member/non-member engagement: John, Lorraine, Russ w/Anne assisting
      • Standards organization hierarchy: John
      • Standards sharing across realms: Jean, Giorgio
      • Standardization of processes across WGs: Sandy, Melva, Ken, Tony, w/Anne assisting - rescheduling call due to harmonization
      • Strategy for PSS management throughout the lifecycle: Jean, Calvin, Dave, EST
        • Working on scheduling a call
    • For Work Groups in Yellow or Red status, Gora proposes the following process be implemented when a Steering Division reviews a newly submitted PSS:
      • SD communicates the Yellow/Red Status to the WG
      • WG must acknowledge the notification that they are in Yellow/Red status


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.