Difference between revisions of "2015-12-21 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 89: Line 89:
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
#Approval items:
 
#Approval items:
#Approval items from last week's e-vote:
+
#Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5-0-0 with ArB, T3SD, Austin, DESD, and SSD-SD voting::
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/9103/13664/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20FHIR%20Security%2020151013%202.docx Project Approval Request] by the Security WG of the FTSD for ''Develop and maintain FHIR security resources'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1209 Project Insight 1209] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9103&start=0 TSC Tracker 9103]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/9103/13664/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20FHIR%20Security%2020151013%202.docx Project Approval Request] by the Security WG of the FTSD for ''Develop and maintain FHIR security resources'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1209 Project Insight 1209] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9103&start=0 TSC Tracker 9103]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/9152/13696/ANSI_proposal_withdrawal-CCOW.docx Withdrawal Request] by the InM WG of the FTSD for ''HL7 Clinical Context Management Specification (CCOW) Version 1.6 (ANSI/HL7 CMS V1.6 2011)'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1164 Project Insight 1164] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9152&start=0 TSC Tracker 9152]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/9152/13696/ANSI_proposal_withdrawal-CCOW.docx Withdrawal Request] by the InM WG of the FTSD for ''HL7 Clinical Context Management Specification (CCOW) Version 1.6 (ANSI/HL7 CMS V1.6 2011)'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1164 Project Insight 1164] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9152&start=0 TSC Tracker 9152]
Line 95: Line 95:
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/9156/13700/PSS_CDS_ReaffirmGELLO_R2-1.docx Project Approval Request] by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for ''Reaffirmation of Gello: A Common Expression Language, Release 2 at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1158 Project Insight 1158] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9156&start=0 TSC Tracker 9156]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/9156/13700/PSS_CDS_ReaffirmGELLO_R2-1.docx Project Approval Request] by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for ''Reaffirmation of Gello: A Common Expression Language, Release 2 at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1158 Project Insight 1158] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9156&start=0 TSC Tracker 9156]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/9157/13701/PSS_GELLO_Model_Definition_Language.docx Project Approval Request] by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for ''GELLO Implementation Guide: Model Definition Language for Clinical Decision Support for GELLO, Release 1'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1211 Project Insight 1211] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9157&start=0 TSC Tracker 9157]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/9157/13701/PSS_GELLO_Model_Definition_Language.docx Project Approval Request] by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for ''GELLO Implementation Guide: Model Definition Language for Clinical Decision Support for GELLO, Release 1'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1211 Project Insight 1211] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9157&start=0 TSC Tracker 9157]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/9154/13698/ELR-R2_HL7_Publication_Extension_Request_2015Nov.docx DSTU Extension Request] by the PHER WG of the DESD for ''HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health, Release 2 - US Realm'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=737 Project Insight 737] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9154&start=0 TSC Tracker 9154]
 
#'''Approval items referred for discussion:'''
 
#'''Approval items referred for discussion:'''
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/9155/13699/gao-pss%203.docx Project Approval Request] by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for ''Guideline Appropriate Ordering Profile'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1210 Project Insight 1210] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9155&start=0 TSC Tracker 9155]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/9155/13699/gao-pss%203.docx Project Approval Request] by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for ''Guideline Appropriate Ordering Profile'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1210 Project Insight 1210] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9155&start=0 TSC Tracker 9155]
 
#**Referred by ArB: No ARB approval of External content
 
#**Referred by ArB: No ARB approval of External content
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/9154/13698/ELR-R2_HL7_Publication_Extension_Request_2015Nov.docx DSTU Publication Request] by the PHER WG of the DESD for ''HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health, Release 2 - US Realm'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=737 Project Insight 737] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9154&start=0 TSC Tracker 9154]
+
 
#**referred by T3SD: This one actually looks like a DSTU extension request
 
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->

Latest revision as of 21:35, 22 December 2015

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

'Date: 2015-12-21
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
. John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters . Woody Beeler . Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . . Sandra Stuart (co-chair elect)
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . x Liora Alschuler .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-12-14 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • White Paper Publishing Process Discussion with rep from PIC
    • Draft proposal on new name for DSTUs (Freida, Andy, Lynn)
    • Reappointment of expiring FMG members for new terms starting in January: Hans Buitendijk, Paul Knapp, Josh Mandel, David Hay, Lloyd McKenzie
      • Reappoint expiring FGB members for new terms starting in January: David Hay, Lloyd McKenzie,
      • Does Woody Beeler still want to be on the FGB?

Management

  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items:
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5-0-0 with ArB, T3SD, Austin, DESD, and SSD-SD voting::
  4. Approval items referred for discussion:
  1. Discussion topics:
    • Status update on HL7's vote on UDI material - John Quinn
    • Update to WG Health Metrics (posting agendas, meeting room requests, posting minutes) - Pat
    • Update on WGH/Ballot metric for WGs with FHIR content - Paul, Lorraine
    • Update on FGB discussion regarding projects being worked on without a formal project scope - Lorraine, Calvin
    • Project approval process delays for balloted items - Austin
    • SGB review of FGB proposal on review and approval process for product family-related projects - Paul
  2. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  3. Open Issues List

Minutes

  • Minutes accepted via general consent
  • White Paper publishing process with PIC: Liora Alschuler here to discuss.
    • There should be a process for a peer-reviewed paper. Should have a PSS - will modify PSS to allow indication of this type of project. Will also have a publication template to indicate peer-reviewed paper at the WG level. Will not have HL7 stamp. Will be posted somewhere on the website. Freida notes that EST would be involved. Should scope statement go through the normal approval or is it just approved at the WG level; also, does it go into project insight? And is the peer review sufficient if it's just within the WG? Ken: so questions are does review and approval happen only within WG, and does it go into project insight?
    • John and Austin support normal approval process for PSS.
    • Freida: alternatively we could have a process where the approval chain would stop at the WG.
    • Lorraine: if we leave it at the WG level, why have it in the first place? Freida: It would be a criteria to be included in a central index of white papers on the website. Austin states that his opinion is that they should have to go through the whole PSS approval process. Lorraine agrees, especially for the communication process.
    • Straw poll: all are in favor of TSC reviewing the PSS if published in a central location. This would also make it easier to get into Project Insight.
    • MOTION to extend the normal PSS approval procedures up through TSC for published white papers by John Roberts. Second by Pat. Liora asks to amend to clarify that these are WG level white papers (meaning unballoted).
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Draft proposal on new name for DSTUs (Freida, Andy, Lynn):
    • MOTION to accept the proposal by Freida; second by John. Austin mentions some people are using "working standard" already. Freida states this is the lightest touch on the changes. Discussion over if the word trial is also a problem as well as the word draft. If we approve this, the proposal will go to the board at the WGM. Ken: we don't want to eliminate the concept that work will still be done before it becomes normative. Ken will discuss this at the co-chair dinner. Once it is approved, it will need a project scope statement to make all of the necessary changes. Will be considered a TSC project.
    • VOTE: all in favor.
  • Reappointment of expiring FMG and FGB members for new terms
    • MOTION to temporarily continue them through the WGM until the CTO can make his recommendation by Austin. Second by Lorraine.
    • VOTE: all in favor.
    • ACTION: Anne to add to TSC lunch agenda
  • Austin: earlier this month the board approved a project to create an HL7 professional implementer's certification program. Goes beyond narrow areas to a broad professional certification. Original model was PMP certification. Intent is to create an entire program based around this to become certified HL7 implementers. Austin suggests TSC co-sponsoring this project. Will be surveying members in February.
    • Freida adds that project services did a survey at a WGM and it worked very well.
    • ACTION: Anne to add to 1/4 agenda with link to document.
  • FGB is having quorum challenges and would like to add another co-chair. Woody and Dave Shaver are the current cochairs. Lorraine states it will be discussed in Orlando.
  • Project approval process delays for balloted items: Austin notes that we are voting on projects in the middle of the ballot. John R. notes that DESD is going to begin holding conference calls to address lengthy e-votes. Austin notes that additional layers of approval add length - US Realm, FMG, long steering division votes, etc. When combined with short ballot cycles, you run out of time. May need to rethink how we go through project approvals.
  • WGH metrics:
    • Pat presents TRAC review of WG Health metrics for agendas, room request, and meeting minutes.
    • Agendas would be a look back to the previous cycle
    • Will start measuring items 2 and 3 for Jan-May, and item 1 will be added in for May-Sep.
    • MOTION to accept by Pat; second by Austin.
    • VOTE: all in favor
    • Ken will present at co-chair dinner with Pat's help on the slide
  • ADJOURNED at 12:01 PM Eastern



Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.