2015-11-16 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-11-16
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin Regrets Tony Julian . Jean Duteau Regrets Austin Kreisler
x John Quinn . Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters x Woody Beeler . Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . . Sandra Stuart (co-chair elect)
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . Lynn x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-11-09 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:


  1. Review action items
    • John R. to pull together recommendation to executive committeee for endorsement of external standards and investigate IP issue
    • Lynn to draft statement summarizing technical correction/errata guidance
  2. Approval items:
  3. Approval Items from Last Week's e-vote approved 5/0/0 with DESD, SSD-SD, T3SD, and 2 International Affiliates voting:
  4. Discussion topics:
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List


  • Minutes from 11/9 accepted through general consent
  • Lynn here for ballot approval and technical correction/errata guidance
  • GOM peer review:
    • Freida describes several items out for review. Will add 5 minutes for questions on the 23rd with vote on the 30th.
  • Lynn to draft statement summarizing technical corrections/errata:
    • Lynn shares guidance published on TSC wiki, including ballot levels and publication modalities.
    • Issue of changes to items cited in regulation and for changes to items published in Normative edition
    • V3 - cannot attach errata list and cover sheet. Woody suggests V3 publishing should be brought into this to address.
    • Ken suggests coming back to this after the holidays on 11/30
    • Paul states that people in the meantime shouldn't destroy copies of things that have been published while we determine how to curate it later.
    • ACTION: Anne to include statement in update from TSC
  • Ballot items for discussion:
    • Lynn will make the edits suggested by T3SD
    • Lynn reports one outstanding reconciliation that has been completed.
    • MOTION to accept the first four items by Paul contingent on SD and TSC approval of projects; second by John
    • VOTE: all in favor
    • Item with white paper in title:
    • MOTION by Freida to rename as informative document. Paul seconds. Paul suggests changing it to "Use Cases Informative Document." Discussion over the potential that they would ballot this as normative. Previously, when white paper was included in title it was changed to informative document. Discussion over using Use Cases vs. User Guide. Lynn reads ballot announcement verbiage for clarification. Paul amends to state that it would be more appropriate to name it "User Guide." Woody states it should be considered a DSTU if it's going to state and enforce rules. Decision to get more information from the WG on what the intention is.
    • ACTION: John R. will work with the WG to determine.
  • TRAC report on referencing external documents:
    • Pat presents report created by TRAC in concert with Paul/Andy
    • This came about because materials were coming through our approval process that pointed to material outside the organization; no assurance that the material would be curated and available for the life span of our documents.
    • Woody states that insignificant/casual hyperlinked content shouldn't be allowed.
    • Discussion on making permalinks to materials on HL7 site
    • MOTION to send this document to publishing for their review and guidance on how they should be supported by Paul; second by Andy.
    • VOTE: all in favor
    • ACTION: Anne to send the document to publishing co-chairs

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Anne to share TSC statement on errata with WGs
  • John R. to get more info on document with white paper currently in the title
  • Anne to send TRAC report on referencing external docs to publishing co-chairs for review
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.