2015-08-31 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-08-31
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . . Sandy Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x Dave Hamill . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . x Lynn Laakso .

. . x Austin Kreisler .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-08-24 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Reminder Monday September 7 is a US Holiday - typically the TSC takes this off and push agenda items to the following Monday September 14


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Tooling Strategy (Andy) - 20 min
    • Continuation of review of draft plan on how white papers should be named, approved, published, maintained, expired, and reaffirmed. (Freida/John) -10 Min - May need to carry over to 9/14
    • Review of GOC proposal to add new "request for publication" section (Freida) - 10 min
    • Governance Boards and private list serves - 20 minutes - May need to carry over to 9/14 both items below
      • Appropriate in terms of transparency? (Tony)
      • Standards Governance Board: Update on search for candidates to serve on inaugural board (Paul)


  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6/0/0 with T3SD, DESD, 1 international affiliate, SSD-SD, FTSD, and ArB voting:
  4. Approval Items for This Week:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • FHIR.org discrepencies - update (John Q.)
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List


  • Meeting minutes accepted through general consent.
  • September 7 call will be cancelled.
  • Tooling strategy:
    • John Q: Two things stimulating discussion: EHR/PHR profiling tool and conversations with OHT. There is a budget item. Should we be spending this money, and what should we be spending it on?
    • Tooling strategy should address this. Budget was set up in advance of the strategy.
    • Lorraine: one thing we should consider is the work around technical architecture - gaps and problems.
    • Ken: we need to align this with the roadmap. We need to pull out the parts of the strategy that should be on the roadmap. Roadmap should be three or five items that should help us drive where we need to go.
    • EST has put forward a recommended tooling strategy but the organization hasn't said whether or not they agree. Homework: Read the slides and document on the EST page regarding tooling strategy and review on call next week. Add under housekeeping for 9/14.
  • White paper recommendations: TSC previously decided that all white papers should be informative documents to ensure ballot process is followed. Should we stand by this decision? PIC suggests three types of white papers: peer review, ballot for comment, or informative document.
    • MOTION by John R. to uphold the original decision by the TSC that anything that has the Hl7 logo and be made available through the HL7 website on the standards grid must have gone through the ballot process; additionally, PIC must clarify their position to reflect. Second by Calvin. Ken suggests that we put on hold any announcement until PIC has a chance to issue feedback.
    • ACTION: Anne to add to agenda the second Monday after the WG meeting.
    • VOTE: All in favor.
  • ArB project on development of computable semantic links from FHIR specs to RIM:
    • What is the level of involvement of the co-sponsors? EST wanted review and feedback. Pharmacy wanted the same.
    • MOTION from John R. that this project be accepted with the understanding that it will be updated with cosponsor involvement. Andy seconds.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • SGB candidates: List has been identified by PLA. New candidates are Alexander Henket and Russ Hamm; all others have been part of PLA. Two co-chairs: one appointed by TSC and the other will be elected by the group.
    • MOTION by Paul to accept the current slate of SGB candidates given the candidates' acceptance; in the event that any of the individuals are replaced, the list will come back for vote by the TSC. Second by Andy.
    • VOTE: All in favor.
    • ACTION: On 9/14, add to homework: review list of people for SGB and consider who might be the TSC-appointed chair
  • Governance boards and private list serves transparancy: Tony states that a number of governance boards have private listserves and no one knows what's going on. What should be private and what should be public? FGB for example is private, as is FMG.
    • MOTION by Tony to make FGB and FMG (and forthcoming SGB) open lists. Melva asks for clarification of what that means. Tony states that it means you can join and participate. Second by John R. Paul: every group should have an open listserve and a private listserve. Lorraine notes that TSC does not have a public one. Ken notes that a weekly email goes out telling the public what happened.
    • VOTE: All in favor.
    • Anne to work with Tamara to open the lists.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® Internation