Difference between revisions of "2015-08-24 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(12 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 30: Line 30:
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ken McCaslin||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||
+
|x||Ken McCaslin||x||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||x|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 41: Line 41:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||Regrets||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||Regrets||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Roberts||.||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||John Roberts||x||Paul Knapp||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
|.||  || ||Russ Hamm||.||  ||.||
+
|.||  ||x ||Russ Hamm||.||  ||.||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 52: Line 52:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||.||Anne Wizauer
+
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||Lynn Laakso ||.||''obs1''||x||Anne Wizauer
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>||.||.||x||Bob Dieterle||.||
  
  
Line 71: Line 71:
 
#Agenda review and approval -
 
#Agenda review and approval -
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2015-08-17 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2015-08-17 TSC Call Agenda]]
 +
#McCaslin - Availability - September 9 to 30
 
====Governance====
 
====Governance====
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Governance      -->
Line 79: Line 80:
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
#Discussion topics:
 
#Discussion topics:
#*v2.8.2 Update based on last week's action items:
+
#*v2.8.2 Update based on last week's action items: (10 minutes)
 
#**HQ to inquire with ANSI when they will approve v2.8.2
 
#**HQ to inquire with ANSI when they will approve v2.8.2
 
#***Karen Van Hentenryck reports that the 45-day public review period will end on 8/31; final paperwork will be submitted to ANSI on 9/1. Should receive approval in around one week after submittal.
 
#***Karen Van Hentenryck reports that the 45-day public review period will end on 8/31; final paperwork will be submitted to ANSI on 9/1. Should receive approval in around one week after submittal.
Line 85: Line 86:
 
#***Discussed with Karen; significant concerns over setting precedent for this practice to be used by others
 
#***Discussed with Karen; significant concerns over setting precedent for this practice to be used by others
 
#*Update on conversation with HTA on use of preferred value sets (John Q.) - 10 minutes
 
#*Update on conversation with HTA on use of preferred value sets (John Q.) - 10 minutes
#*Update on topic of requesting funding from the EC to address publishing risks
+
#*Update on topic of requesting funding from the EC to address publishing risks (John Q.)
 
#*Review of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8870/13404/TSC%20Issue_White%20Papers%20V4%202015%2008%2021.docx draft plan] on how white papers should be named, approved, published, maintained, expired, and reaffirmed. (Freida/John)
 
#*Review of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8870/13404/TSC%20Issue_White%20Papers%20V4%202015%2008%2021.docx draft plan] on how white papers should be named, approved, published, maintained, expired, and reaffirmed. (Freida/John)
 +
#*Review of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8873/13410/WI1509xxxApproval%20and%20publication%20HL7%20ER.pdf GOC proposal] to add new "request for publication" section (Freida)
 
#*Standard Score Card Review and Approval (Hans Buitendijk - available at 11:45 a.m. Eastern)
 
#*Standard Score Card Review and Approval (Hans Buitendijk - available at 11:45 a.m. Eastern)
 
#**DSTU functional evaluation - value, usability, and viability
 
#**DSTU functional evaluation - value, usability, and viability
Line 97: Line 99:
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
#Approval items from last week referred for discussion:
+
#'''Approval items from last week referred for discussion:'''
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/8580/13409/HL7_Publication_Request_Template_Attachments%20CDP1DD0821.docx DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA Release 2: Additional CDA R2 Templates – Clinical Documents for Payers 0 Set 1, Release 1 – US Realm'' at  [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1155 Project Insight 1155] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=8580&start=0 TSC Tracker 8580]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/8580/13409/HL7_Publication_Request_Template_Attachments%20CDP1DD0821.docx DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA Release 2: Additional CDA R2 Templates – Clinical Documents for Payers 0 Set 1, Release 1 – US Realm'' at  [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1155 Project Insight 1155] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=8580&start=0 TSC Tracker 8580]
 
#**'''Based on stated concerns in e-vote, the following actions have been taken: request has been moved to the correct template; corrected to reflect that it is a DSTU; the artifact has been submitted to HQ'''
 
#**'''Based on stated concerns in e-vote, the following actions have been taken: request has been moved to the correct template; corrected to reflect that it is a DSTU; the artifact has been submitted to HQ'''
 +
#Approval items from last week APPROVED 5/0/0 with DESD, T3SD, ArB, SSDSD and 1 international affiliate voting:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/8566/13380/2016JAN_PSS_EHR_HBroberg_Align13606HealthInformatics.docx Project Approval Request] by the EHR WG of SSD SD for ''Alignment of EN ISO 13606 Health informatics - Electronic Health Record Communication with HL7 FHIR (using FHIR)'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1155 Project Insight 1197 Project Insight 1197] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=8566&start=0 TSC Tracker 8566]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/8576/13381/2015SEP_PSS_ClinicalStmt_BuitendijkSmithies_ClinicalStmtCMETs.docx Project Approval Request] by the Clinical Statement WG of SSD SD for ''Clinical Statement Model CMETs'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1155 Project Insight 1191 Project Insight 1191] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=8576&start=0 TSC Tracker 8576]
 +
#*Request from the Structured Documents WG of SSD SD for delayed ballot opening for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Personal Healthcare Monitoring Reports, R1 (PI ID: 1149) (2nd Normative Ballot)
 +
#Approval Items for This Week:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/8609/13408/ArB-computable_semantic_links_from_FHIR_-PSS-v02.docx Project Approval Request] from the ArB for ''Development of Computable Semantic Links from FHIR Specs to RIM'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1155 Project Insight 1190] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=8609&start=0 TSC Tracker 8609]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/8608/13407/HL7_Publication_Request_C-CDA_R2.1_20150814.docx Publication Request] for an unballoted DSTU Update: ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Consolidated CDA Templates for Clinical Notes (US Realm) Draft Standard for Trial Use Release 2.1'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1014 Project Insight 1014] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=8608&start=0 TSC Tracker 8608]
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
#Discussion topics:  
+
#'''Discussion topics:'''
 
#*TRAC update on Endorsement of External Standards progress (stemming from the discussion at the [[2015-06-15 TSC Call Agenda]]) - 5 minutes
 
#*TRAC update on Endorsement of External Standards progress (stemming from the discussion at the [[2015-06-15 TSC Call Agenda]]) - 5 minutes
 
#*FHIR.org update - John Q. - 5 minutes
 
#*FHIR.org update - John Q. - 5 minutes
Line 110: Line 119:
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
+
MOTION by Freida  to approve CDA R2; Pat seconds.
 
+
VOTE: all in favor
 
+
*Meeting minutes from 8/17 accepted through general consent.
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
+
*Ken announces that he will be joining Accenture on 9/9. Not available for three weeks to be on calls; may be on 9/28 call; will be at the meeting in October.
 
+
*Have evaluated the naming convention for two cycles and it seems to be working well.
 +
**MOTION by Paul to submit to GOC; Calvin seconds. Freida adds contingency to incorporate white paper naming conventions if needed. Motion carries.
 +
**VOTE: All in favor
 +
*v2.8.2 update: general agreement by group that the proposed timeline should work. Will check with Hans when he arrives at 11:45
 +
*HTA: no updates
 +
*Funding for publishing risks: John and Andy had conversation about tooling. Position on funding and tooling strategy for organization will be presented in Atlanta.
 +
**'''ACTION:''' Add tooling strategy to 8/31 call - Andy will review.
 +
*White paper discussion: 
 +
**Freida reviews draft proposal and recommendations.
 +
**Discussion over putting white papers on master grid if they have not been balloted
 +
**Concerns on applying HL7's name
 +
**Group agrees this warrants more discussion. Will add to 8/31 agenda for further review
 +
**TRAC update on endorsement of external standards progress: still talking about that, hoping to wrap that up Wednesday.
 +
***'''ACTION:''' Add to agenda for 9/14.
 +
**FHIR.org update: 
 +
**John will update on future call.
 +
**Another issue is lack of visibility of projects like Argonaut
 +
**Third issue is FHIR registry
 +
**Three different threads to the issue. Paul asks John to take the three issues to Chuck for clarity. John agrees to do so. Can't support the domain committees without more transparency.  Ken will join John on upcoming call.
 +
*Hans wants to pilot 3-5 balloted items into his scorecard.
 +
**ONC would like to use this model; discussion about that later today.
 +
**Tool is ready to go into pilot mode
 +
**Hans will send the materials out to the TSC for review
 +
**Project statement will go in e-vote
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===

Latest revision as of 21:20, 25 August 2015

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-08-24
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Lynn Laakso . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . x Bob Dieterle .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-08-17 TSC Call Agenda
  4. McCaslin - Availability - September 9 to 30

Governance

  1. Approval items:
    • Motion to submit ballot naming convention to GOC for January cycle.
  2. Discussion topics:
    • v2.8.2 Update based on last week's action items: (10 minutes)
      • HQ to inquire with ANSI when they will approve v2.8.2
        • Karen Van Hentenryck reports that the 45-day public review period will end on 8/31; final paperwork will be submitted to ANSI on 9/1. Should receive approval in around one week after submittal.
      • HQ to look at implications of publishing with a note ‘Pending ANSI Approval’
        • Discussed with Karen; significant concerns over setting precedent for this practice to be used by others
    • Update on conversation with HTA on use of preferred value sets (John Q.) - 10 minutes
    • Update on topic of requesting funding from the EC to address publishing risks (John Q.)
    • Review of draft plan on how white papers should be named, approved, published, maintained, expired, and reaffirmed. (Freida/John)
    • Review of GOC proposal to add new "request for publication" section (Freida)
    • Standard Score Card Review and Approval (Hans Buitendijk - available at 11:45 a.m. Eastern)
      • DSTU functional evaluation - value, usability, and viability

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Lynn to create a list of Expired DSTUs prepared, reviewed by TSC, and follow up with the Work Groups
    • Dave - Reach out to Patient Care regarding their project dates that are > 120 days old
  2. Approval items from last week referred for discussion:
    • DSTU Publication Request for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA Release 2: Additional CDA R2 Templates – Clinical Documents for Payers 0 Set 1, Release 1 – US Realm at Project Insight 1155 and TSC Tracker 8580
      • Based on stated concerns in e-vote, the following actions have been taken: request has been moved to the correct template; corrected to reflect that it is a DSTU; the artifact has been submitted to HQ
  3. Approval items from last week APPROVED 5/0/0 with DESD, T3SD, ArB, SSDSD and 1 international affiliate voting:
  4. Approval Items for This Week:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • TRAC update on Endorsement of External Standards progress (stemming from the discussion at the 2015-06-15 TSC Call Agenda) - 5 minutes
    • FHIR.org update - John Q. - 5 minutes
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List

Minutes

MOTION by Freida to approve CDA R2; Pat seconds. VOTE: all in favor

  • Meeting minutes from 8/17 accepted through general consent.
  • Ken announces that he will be joining Accenture on 9/9. Not available for three weeks to be on calls; may be on 9/28 call; will be at the meeting in October.
  • Have evaluated the naming convention for two cycles and it seems to be working well.
    • MOTION by Paul to submit to GOC; Calvin seconds. Freida adds contingency to incorporate white paper naming conventions if needed. Motion carries.
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • v2.8.2 update: general agreement by group that the proposed timeline should work. Will check with Hans when he arrives at 11:45
  • HTA: no updates
  • Funding for publishing risks: John and Andy had conversation about tooling. Position on funding and tooling strategy for organization will be presented in Atlanta.
    • ACTION: Add tooling strategy to 8/31 call - Andy will review.
  • White paper discussion:
    • Freida reviews draft proposal and recommendations.
    • Discussion over putting white papers on master grid if they have not been balloted
    • Concerns on applying HL7's name
    • Group agrees this warrants more discussion. Will add to 8/31 agenda for further review
    • TRAC update on endorsement of external standards progress: still talking about that, hoping to wrap that up Wednesday.
      • ACTION: Add to agenda for 9/14.
    • FHIR.org update:
    • John will update on future call.
    • Another issue is lack of visibility of projects like Argonaut
    • Third issue is FHIR registry
    • Three different threads to the issue. Paul asks John to take the three issues to Chuck for clarity. John agrees to do so. Can't support the domain committees without more transparency. Ken will join John on upcoming call.
  • Hans wants to pilot 3-5 balloted items into his scorecard.
    • ONC would like to use this model; discussion about that later today.
    • Tool is ready to go into pilot mode
    • Hans will send the materials out to the TSC for review
    • Project statement will go in e-vote

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.