2015-08-17 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 21:21, 17 August 2015 by Dhamill (talk | contribs) (→‎Minutes)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-08-17
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: John Quinn Note taker(s): Dave Hamill
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Ken McCaslin X Tony Julian . Jean Duteau .
X John Quinn X Lorraine Constable X Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
X Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler X Calvin Beebe X Freida Hall
X John Roberts X Paul Knapp X Pat van Dyke X Andy Stechishin
. X Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . X Brett Marquard Regrets Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . X Bryn Rhodes X David Hamill
. . . X Hans Buitendijk
. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-08-10 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
    • Review and Approval of remaining ballot items for 2015Sep (ballots that weren't approved on last week's call are highlighted in yellow) - 30 minutes
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Update on conversation with HTA on use of preferred value sets (John Q.) - 10 minutes
    • From Lynn/Hans: I have made the product brief for 2.8.2 inactive so it is no longer accessible. Please add this request to the TSC agenda for Monday; we propose this be published with a cover letter from John Quinn explaining the specific changes in 2.8.2 and cite a reason why we are publishing this in advance of the acceptance by ANSI based on interest from the ONC for use. There will be no changes expected between the version being published and that which will be accepted by ANSI.


  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items:
  3. Discussion topics:
    • TRAC update on Endorsement of External Standards progress (stemming from the discussion at the 2015-06-15 TSC Call Agenda) - 5 minutes
    • FHIR.org update - John Q. - 5 minutes
    • Update from Bryn Rhodes from Clinical Decision Support WG on Project Approval Request by the Clinical Decision Support WG of SSD SD for CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Update 3 at Project Insight 931 and TSC Tracker 5631.
      • Bryn was advised on 8/3 TSC call to survey members of WG and other implementers on how they would be affected by updates as part of the decision process regarding whether or not the changes are large enough to require balloting.
    • When DSTUs are superceded, and never plans to go Normative, what should happen to the DSTU? This was brought up during the 2015-08-10 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  5. Open Issues List


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Motion to approve 2015-08-10 minutes by Knapp. Van Dyke seconded. Approved unanimously
  • Any questions regarding C-CDA R2.1?
    • Brett joined the call today to be sure they’ve addressed any questions from the TSC regarding C-CDA R2.1. The last update was that SD WG should gather TSC or CTO approval prior to publication
    • Motion to approve publication of C-CDA R2.1 by Andy. Pat seconded. Approved unanimously.
  • Review and Approval of remaining ballot items for 2015Sep
    • Patient Care - Pjt 929 DAM Health Concern by PC WG
      • Motion to approve by Roberts; Constable seconds with friendly amendment that Patient Care update their project dates that are > 120 days old. Unanimously approved.
    • CDA R2 HAIR R3 IG - Pjt 1192 by SD WG and CDA R2 EMS Hospital Outcome Report R1 - Pjt 1186 by SD WG
      • Motion to approve by Roberts; Constable seconds. Unanimously approved
    • Alternate Ballot Opening Dates
      • Lorraine indicated that all the material due for the CDS and CQI FHIR IGs is due the day before. Hence, if the material is not there, or is different than what is being balloted, then the correct material is not being balloted.

Lynn: Lloyd will provide a snapshot of the info on August 31 which the balloted item can reference. Paul and Lorraine indicated that this would be fine to have the Comment Only ballot proceed.

      • Motion to approve conditional on the snapshot of the FHIR DSTU being available and for the CQI eCQM project, the DESD/TSC approvals occurring prior to September 1, 2015. Roberts motions; Constable seconds. Unanimously approved
  • HTA Update by J. Quinn
    • All discussions were verbal. Given this, Chuck Jaffe requested things be in writing so it can be documented and referenced. Jane is working on this.
    • Paul: I thought we had an agreement to cite IHTSDO standards and reference them as examples but cannot specifically be used in our standards.
    • John will provide additional updates in the future
  • V2.8.2
    • Hans: This request stems so that v2.8.2 is available for Implementation Guides that reference and point to v2.8.2. Anything that IGs point to must be published officially by the organization responsible for it. ONC plans on publishing the first IG in the next one to two weeks.
    • Lynn received an email from Hans that if it’s going to take 45 days for ANSI approval, we need to have something published in advance of that. Hans requested to publish an early version. This is outside our normal process. Lynn is seeking guidance and approval from TSC.
    • Karen has reached out to Steve Posnack of the ONC that when this situation occurs, ONC needs to submit a request for this action.
    • Lynn is concerned about setting a precedence and others may request the same action in the future.
    • HQ action items:
      • Inquire with ANSI when they will approve v2.8.2?
      • Look at implications of publishing with a note ‘Pending ANSI Approval’

Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call (VOIP users)

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.