Difference between revisions of "2015-08-03 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(14 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 30: Line 30:
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ken McCaslin||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||
+
|x||Ken McCaslin||x||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
+
|x||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 41: Line 41:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||Regrets||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|Regrets||Melva Peters||Regrets||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Roberts||.||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||John Roberts||x||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
|.||  || ||Russ Hamm||.||  ||.||
+
|.||  ||x||Russ Hamm||.||  ||.||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 52: Line 52:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||Lynn Laakso ||.||''obs1''||.||Anne Wizauer
+
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||Lynn Laakso ||.||''obs1''||.||Anne Wizauer
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>||.||Bryn Rhodes||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>||x||Bryn Rhodes||.||''obs2''||.||
  
  
Line 75: Line 75:
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
#Approval items:
 
#Approval items:
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8848/13349/TSCApprovalList2015Sep.doc 2015Sep Ballot list]: Review and approval
+
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8848/13349/TSCApprovalList2015Sep.doc 2015Sep Ballot list]: Review and approval ('''20 minutes''')
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
#Discussion topics:
 
#Discussion topics:
#*Publishing Process for White Papers (Freida, John R.)
+
#*Publishing Process for White Papers ('''Freida, John R., 30 minutes''')
  
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Paul will take Terminology QA scope statement back to the WG to have them review the existing peer review process to determine if it will work for their purposes. Also have them review the “introducing new processes” document
 +
#*Anne to add TSC Guidance Documents on agenda for October co-chair dinner on Monday for Freida to present
 +
#*Anne to add announcement in update from the TSC that peer review of revised publication request template will begin August 3rd
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
#Approval items:
 
#Approval items:
 +
#*Bryn Rhodes from Clinical Decision Support WG here today to discuss [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/5631/13084/CDS_KAS_DSTU_Updates_PSS_v20150219.docm Project Approval Request] by the Clinical Decision Support WG of SSD SD for ''CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Update 3'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=931 Project Insight 931] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5631&start=0 TSC Tracker 5631]. ('''10 minutes''')
 +
#**'''Referred by T3SD: Lineage says this is a . release replacing a prior version, but they did not include any type of  review in the schedule (per TSC’s DSTU Update vs. DSTU Reballot Guidance)  “ This project will create a Release 1.3. It is an update to an existing DSTU. It supplants a previous release.”  Needs to have formal review for . release or ballot for full release.'''
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
Line 94: Line 99:
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
+
*Board retreat: Board feels that HL7 needs to have a road map, as well as a score sheet on standards. on 8/17 Hans will bring back his standards scoring spreadsheet for approval. Ken will take a pass at creating the road map and bring it back to TSC for discussion at the October meeting. Discussion over what exactly the road map will entail - comparison to other SDOs? Will flesh that out in the upcoming weeks. Also discussed internationalization extensively at the retreat.
 
+
*Minutes from 7/27 accepted via 7/27.
 
+
*Bryn Rhodes from Clinical Decision Support WG here today to discuss [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/5631/13084/CDS_KAS_DSTU_Updates_PSS_v20150219.docm Project Approval Request] by the Clinical Decision Support WG of SSD SD for ''CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Update 3'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=931 Project Insight 931] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5631&start=0 TSC Tracker 5631].
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
+
**Issue over not providing review period. Bryn displays the page for the Wiki review that was completed. No comments were received. The link was not included in the project approval  request. Discussion over whether or not the changes are large enough to require ballot. Population affected is small. Bryn agrees to put together a survey for members of WG and other implementers; Anne to add to 8/17 agenda for update.
 
+
*2015Sep ballot list:
 
+
**No PSS for Long Term Care Functional Profile.
 +
**'''MOTION''' by Paul to accept the three new reaffirmation ballots with the caveat that a PSS must be submitted for the Long Term Care Functional Profile and approved by TSC.
 +
**'''VOTE:''' All in favor.
 +
**4 new normative ballots.
 +
**'''MOTION''' to accept normative ballots by John R. Second by Paul. Freida asks if we should invite reps from SOA to discuss their PBS metrics issues. Ken has talked with SOA in the past and Paul will reach out again to discuss the infractions.
 +
**'''VOTE:''' All in favor.
 +
**3 new informative ballots. Ken suggests waiting to approve the  second two due to PBS metrics issues. Ken invites SD co-chairs to alert the WGs of issues that will prevent going forward.
 +
**'''MOTION''' by Andy to approve the Arden Syntax ballot; second by John R.
 +
**'''VOTE:''' All in favor.
 +
*Publishing process for white papers: issue came up last week. PIC produced recommendations saying white papers should be subject to ballot or peer review and should all have scope statements. John R. suggests not requiring ballot - could permit ballot, but not require. Should be subject to peer review, but if we ballot it becomes an informative document. Lynn asks what the publishing process would be - preference is to only publish balloted documents. Ken: do we need to have another page on the HL7 website identifying white papers that state this is non-balloted material? And do these materials expire? General agreement that documents should be reviewed after five years.
 +
**'''ACTION:''' Freida/John will draft plan on how white papers would be named, approved, published, maintained, expired, and reaffirmed. Andy will review from publishing perspective. TSC will review draft on 8/24 call.
 +
*Discussion over voting on publishing/submitting a request to publish. Group agrees there should be a wording change in the GOM.
 +
*'''ACTION:''' Freida to work on update.
 +
*Call adjourned at 12:01 pm Eastern.
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
*Freida/John will draft plan on how white papers would be named, approved, published, maintained, expired, and reaffirmed. Andy will review from publishing perspective for TSC Review on 8/24
 +
*Freida to work on update to GOM to clarify language on voting to publish/submit a request to publish.
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>

Latest revision as of 21:07, 4 August 2015

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-08-03
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn . Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp . Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Lynn Laakso . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Bryn Rhodes . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-07-27 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Publishing Process for White Papers (Freida, John R., 30 minutes)

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Paul will take Terminology QA scope statement back to the WG to have them review the existing peer review process to determine if it will work for their purposes. Also have them review the “introducing new processes” document
    • Anne to add TSC Guidance Documents on agenda for October co-chair dinner on Monday for Freida to present
    • Anne to add announcement in update from the TSC that peer review of revised publication request template will begin August 3rd
  2. Approval items:
    • Bryn Rhodes from Clinical Decision Support WG here today to discuss Project Approval Request by the Clinical Decision Support WG of SSD SD for CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Update 3 at Project Insight 931 and TSC Tracker 5631. (10 minutes)
      • Referred by T3SD: Lineage says this is a . release replacing a prior version, but they did not include any type of review in the schedule (per TSC’s DSTU Update vs. DSTU Reballot Guidance) “ This project will create a Release 1.3. It is an update to an existing DSTU. It supplants a previous release.” Needs to have formal review for . release or ballot for full release.
  3. Discussion topics:
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  5. Open Issues List

Minutes

  • Board retreat: Board feels that HL7 needs to have a road map, as well as a score sheet on standards. on 8/17 Hans will bring back his standards scoring spreadsheet for approval. Ken will take a pass at creating the road map and bring it back to TSC for discussion at the October meeting. Discussion over what exactly the road map will entail - comparison to other SDOs? Will flesh that out in the upcoming weeks. Also discussed internationalization extensively at the retreat.
  • Minutes from 7/27 accepted via 7/27.
  • Bryn Rhodes from Clinical Decision Support WG here today to discuss Project Approval Request by the Clinical Decision Support WG of SSD SD for CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Update 3 at Project Insight 931 and TSC Tracker 5631.
    • Issue over not providing review period. Bryn displays the page for the Wiki review that was completed. No comments were received. The link was not included in the project approval request. Discussion over whether or not the changes are large enough to require ballot. Population affected is small. Bryn agrees to put together a survey for members of WG and other implementers; Anne to add to 8/17 agenda for update.
  • 2015Sep ballot list:
    • No PSS for Long Term Care Functional Profile.
    • MOTION by Paul to accept the three new reaffirmation ballots with the caveat that a PSS must be submitted for the Long Term Care Functional Profile and approved by TSC.
    • VOTE: All in favor.
    • 4 new normative ballots.
    • MOTION to accept normative ballots by John R. Second by Paul. Freida asks if we should invite reps from SOA to discuss their PBS metrics issues. Ken has talked with SOA in the past and Paul will reach out again to discuss the infractions.
    • VOTE: All in favor.
    • 3 new informative ballots. Ken suggests waiting to approve the second two due to PBS metrics issues. Ken invites SD co-chairs to alert the WGs of issues that will prevent going forward.
    • MOTION by Andy to approve the Arden Syntax ballot; second by John R.
    • VOTE: All in favor.
  • Publishing process for white papers: issue came up last week. PIC produced recommendations saying white papers should be subject to ballot or peer review and should all have scope statements. John R. suggests not requiring ballot - could permit ballot, but not require. Should be subject to peer review, but if we ballot it becomes an informative document. Lynn asks what the publishing process would be - preference is to only publish balloted documents. Ken: do we need to have another page on the HL7 website identifying white papers that state this is non-balloted material? And do these materials expire? General agreement that documents should be reviewed after five years.
    • ACTION: Freida/John will draft plan on how white papers would be named, approved, published, maintained, expired, and reaffirmed. Andy will review from publishing perspective. TSC will review draft on 8/24 call.
  • Discussion over voting on publishing/submitting a request to publish. Group agrees there should be a wording change in the GOM.
  • ACTION: Freida to work on update.
  • Call adjourned at 12:01 pm Eastern.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Freida/John will draft plan on how white papers would be named, approved, published, maintained, expired, and reaffirmed. Andy will review from publishing perspective for TSC Review on 8/24
  • Freida to work on update to GOM to clarify language on voting to publish/submit a request to publish.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.